Brendan Schaub 2.0 vs. Roy Nelson II

I wonder if Schaub has fans, i have a hard time picturing a Schaub fan, would have to be extremly douchey. Oh to answer your question, Roy by KO

Nelson is still an awful match-up for Schaub. Brendan can't outgrapple him to a decision, he doesn't have the stand-up style to out-boxe him for three rounds and, most of all, his chin will not let him survive past the first round.

Tough fight to predict. Roy has some of the best boxing in MMA and Schaub has some of the best BJJ in the world. I think Schaub will need to pull guard and let Roy get him in the crucifix so he can show the world how to submit somebody while stuck in that position.

Being about to take Mitrione down or Lavar means nothing. They are the two easiest lays in the div.

Hard to imagine he'd do that to Roy, the wrestler.

I'd like to see how his new BJJ skills deal with Nelson when he's fighting off his back.

It would end the same way. Schaub would never be able to submit Big Country and that is the part of his game that has improved.

Tough fight to predict. Roy has some of the best boxing in MMA and Schaub has some of the best BJJ in the world. I think Schaub will need to pull guard and let Roy get him in the crucifix so he can show the world how to submit somebody while stuck in that position.

Schaub's BJJ is nowhere near as good as Big Country's.

Any chance against Roy in the rematch? Would you be interested to see this fight? It could headline a TUF Finale. BS seems twice as good as last time they fought. Roy? About the same.

SchaubNelson.jpeg

10001569.gif

Nelson is just a bad matchup for Schaub. Nelson is better then him where ever the fight goes. He has a better chin, better striking and better BJJ.

If I were a betting man I would bet that Nelson will Knock him out again.

Nelson's BJJ is way better then Schaub's dude

The result is still going to be the same, Brendan Jiu jitsu isn't in the same level as Nelson yet.

Schaub via decision or late sub.

He'd outstrike Roy and wear him down, possibly getting a sub when a BADLY gassed Roy is looking for a desperation TD. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Schaub finish Roy late with strikes.

People don't like him, but Schaub is a threat to anyone in the division on the feet or on the ground, and all Roy has is an ability to get punched in the face, and an overhand right that serves to gas him out if it doesn't land AND lead to a finish.

Schaub will be challenging Cain or JDS for the title one day soon, mark my words. MARK THEM.

Schaub has yet to work on his boxing defense and still chooses to keep his hands low. I assume he's so arrogant that he refuses to believe that he has a weak chin. I would bet Roy would KO him within the first round again.

I want to see it! would be a great fight, Schaub has improved a lot since there first fight. I would have to go with Schaub for the rematch Decision or Submission.

Back