Brendan Schaub 2.0 vs. Roy Nelson II

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Any chance against Roy in the rematch? Would you be interested to see this fight? It could headline a TUF Finale. BS seems twice as good as last time they fought. Roy? About the same.

SchaubNelson.jpeg

10001569.gif

Roy needs to work his way back up to fight him

I remember in an interview they asked Schaub about it and he said he wanted a bigger name lol

Last edited:
Schaub said he was open to the rematch in 2011:

“If he were to beat ‘Cro Cop,’ it would make sense. If he loses that fight, it doesn’t,” Schaub wrote. “That’s a tough fight for Roy. He won’t be able to control ‘Cro Cop’ on the ground. But if he beats him, then yeah, let’s do it. I know people want to see that fight, me and Roy. I hear that all the time.”

http://www.fightline.com/fl-news-2011-0929-545068-brendan-schaub/

That is a pretty nice punch face.

And Roy would likely KO him again.

Roy by whatever he wants.
Probably KO.
Schaub is not submitting Roy.

hmmmm

You never know but if watch things in paper

Brendans BJJ is better than first time.
Roy went ground with Werdum and survived. I think its safe to say Werdums BJJ > Brendans. But Brendan can outposition LnP Nelson?
Nelson got rock solid Chin
Brendan got ?? class chin
Roy got lot of power put toughest man down

Prediction

Brendan can win deci in theory but eventually fight goes so that he is forced to stand with Nelson too much and probs get KO:ed again

Even with that one recent loss, Roy has improved since the first Schaub fight. Against Mitrione, Roy showed more variety in his punches not just the big overhand right. He threw uppercuts and lefts, some nice combos.

Schaub's got nothing for Roy. All he can do is hit and run. If he stands and bangs he's going to sleep, and as good as his BJJ has gotten, it's still not better than Roy's.

Roy by KO.

People underestimate Nelsons ground game now that he has been knocking people out.

Schaub gets owned everywhere.

I'd watch.

It's always cool (to me anyway) to see if a guy can even the score

hmmmm

You never know but if watch things in paper

Brendans BJJ is better than first time.
Roy went ground with Werdum and survived. I think its safe to say Werdums BJJ > Brendans. But Brendan can outposition LnP Nelson?
Nelson got rock solid Chin
Brendan got ?? class chin
Roy got lot of power put toughest man down

Prediction

Brendan can win deci in theory but eventually fight goes so that he is forced to stand with Nelson too much and probs get KO:ed again

Yeah, but Brendan 2.0 has oodles of shut down in his arsenal

Roy Nelson is one of those fighters that you either completely dominate, or get completely dominated (KO'd) by. Schaub falls into the latter category.

Not to mention, Roy will be coming in with the mental advantage, Schaub will no doubt be thinking of what Roy did to him the first time.

Roy would beat him again. Schaub's stand-up attack leaves him wide open for strikes. Chin up, hands all over the place. Matt almost caught him coming in during one of those charges.

Schaub should try to get on top, Roy hasn't shown a good bottom game.

I could only see Schaub winning if Roy gassed hard. Unlikely though...Roy beats him senseless standing (due to Schaub's poor striking defense) and outgrapples him on the floor. Just a bad matchup for Schaub.

Any chance against Roy in the rematch? Would you be interested to see this fight? It could headline a TUF Finale. BS seems twice as good as last time they fought. Roy? About the same.

SchaubNelson.jpeg

10001569.gif

use question marks, now it look like this match is settled!

Roy would beat him again. Schaub's stand-up attack leaves him wide open for strikes. Chin up, hands all over the place. Matt almost caught him coming in during one of those charges.

Schaub should try to get on top, Roy hasn't shown a good bottom game.

True, Schaub does leave himself open for the counter shot

The new look Prius has my vote. It's got better features, range and mobility than the old model.

Back