• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breaking: UFC, ONE Championship close to trade involving Demetrious Johnson and Ben Askren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOR BEN ASKREN??? I thought we were over the Fitch/Shields days
<{CMPALM}>

You know Ben finished most fighters he faced at the end of his career right?

Idiots on here spouting off shit as if they actually watch the sport.

Delete your account loser.

giphy.gif

<Fedor23>

<mma4>

One of the best fighters in the world joining the UFC and someone who is irrelevant to me leaving. That would be an amazing trade.

Good trade, DJ can go where more little guys are and askren can finally test himself against top guys.

UFC should've signed Ben when he wanted in, and wasn't asking for much. This is crazy.

DJ should still be the champ.
It's funny how it worked out: Askren got the last laugh. They went thru hell and high water to screw him and now he is still undefeated, demolished great fighters that now look awesome in Bellator and he can promote very well too. DJ hates UFC and has been treated poorly. That being said, he never really pulled his weight and fans just don't like him. Askren will make more money no doubt, and for some reason with Khabib's success recently, fans are more open to lay n praying and wrestle heavy attacks.

Khabib vs Ben would be awesome.

Askren vs GSP winner of that to face the winner of Tony vs Khabib

You know Ben finished most fighters he faced at the end of his career right?

Idiots on here spouting off shit as if they actually watch the sport.

Delete your account loser.
Oh wow, he finished random bums outside of Bellator/UFC? How impressive!

if that's a thing now can UFC/Bellator trade Minakov for BJ Penn or something?

I wouldn't be surprised if Mighty Mouse is for it. Eddie Alvarez said he just signed an 8 figure contract with One (all inclusive, not straight pay)
<mma4>

I cant believe we will never get that snake/mouse fight

Looking at twitter is it possible this is being done without MM consent?

He gets to fight the chris Cariasos of the world again to and TJ can't haunt his dreams anymore so it's a win all around for the Lil gaffer

Exactly. The only thing he's losing is the American market. He has way more potential at ONE FC. And he can duck the tough fights. Easy money. He should take it. American fame is over rated. Get that Chinese billionaire money baby!

Trade?!?!?!? WTF!!! I didn't even know such a thing was possible.
Why wouldnt it be possible? the organization has contracts with both figthers If the fighters agree they rip up the contracts and the fighters sign with the other Organizations

Askren is old now. It’s not necessary. If this was 5 years ago I’d be intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back