• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breaking: UFC, ONE Championship close to trade involving Demetrious Johnson and Ben Askren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locke

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

According to multiple sources, there is a proposed deal on the table for the UFC to release former flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson from his contract in order to allow him to sign with ONE, and in return ONE will release former welterweight champion Ben Askren from his contract so he could finally join the UFC.

Sources say the "trade" isn't finalized just yet, however, it has been discussed at length and is categorized by multiple sources as close to getting done. All parties involved are hopeful it will be finalized soon..

Both Johnson and Askren have multiple fights left on their respective contracts, according to sources.

While trades of this kind are common in the major sports, a transaction of this magnitude has never been done before in MMA.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...onship-close-finalizing-first-major-mma-trade

Last edited:
FOR BEN ASKREN??? I thought we were over the Fitch/Shields days
<{CMPALM}>

not worth it

DJ fights at a terrible division, but at least he's awesome to watch, which crazy highlights like this Askren boring ass will give us?

PolishedWastefulIndianjackal-small.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, Go Funky. GSP can't duck you anymore.

wait wot?

this the nba/nfl now?
We got trades?

We doing trades now?

<31>

Thatll be perfect. Dj can go make big money fighting in a region where he isnt so below average size and we get ben.

Lol wut
Mighty Mouse loses/possibly robbed against a guy he steamrolled in the first fight after dominating the division forever and then he gets 'traded'

I guess the rumors about the flyweight division are true, unifying fight between TJ and Henry incoming, Moraes getting fucked again.

I like that the UFC is finally pursuing Askren. Not liking giving up DJ.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back