News BREAKING Khamzat Vs Stephen Thompson Targeted to Headline Dec 19 (Update WB Confirmed Duck)

Not the #5 guy in the division when he has yet to faced a ranked fighter.

Someone in the 10-15 range? I'm even surprised that Maia was the choice.

I was thinking either Geoff Neal or Neil Magny.

Reactions: MRT
Insane fight, chimaev could get murdered here. I want to see him step up in competition but this seems a bit much.

Reactions: DLX
I like Wonderboy but I'm afraid this will be the fight his 37 years will really start to show.

I was thinking either Geoff Neal or Neil Magny.

Either of those guys would be stiff tests, for sure. No doubt they would prefer to look up, rather than down, in the rankings for their next opponent, but who knows. Luque could be an option too.

Others in top 15 are Nate and Lawler, but Nate would laugh at that fight offer and Lawler-Perry is in November.

I don't know...matchmaking for a guy like him is tough. I get that he wants to accelerate his rise, and UFC will happily ride the hype train, but I hope they chill a bit and don't rush him.

Whoa, big risk. Wonder why they'd risk derailing Khamzat like this. Wonderboy is tricky for anyone.

Assume Leon would duck Wonderboy.

I get it, just not a good look when your whole thing is guys ducking you.

Why the fuck would Wonderboy want to fight Khazmat?

A top 10 guy who still wants to work towards a title shot fights an unranked guy?

Wonderboy beat Masvidal not that long ago, the same Masvidal that just fought for the title.

Back