• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Breaking: Jon Jones buries Dana white.Asks for release,Hints at move to Boxing!

This would be much better if it wasn’t a drunk driving Coke head calling Dana out. I always wanted a top tier fighter to bring fighter pay to light. Unfortunately, it’s the only one with substance abuse convictions and multiple arrests that is deserving paid like shit because of the liability he carries.

Fun... Jones could cut to LHW (185lbs) and fight Artur Beterbiev/ Dmitry Bivol/Gvozdyk, or do the senior's circuit with Jean Pascal.

Or stay at CW (200lbs) and fight Breidis/Glowacki etc.... less money there though.

If he wants to majorly cash in.... HW--->200lbs, but with no punching power, Jon would NOT have a good time. I doubt he'd crack the top 30 tbh.

Dana unknowingly confirms what a joke UFC is. Jones is their GOAT but won't pay him boxing-level money.

He might manage a big first time payday in boxing, but after he gets KTFO it won't happen again.

How do you know that Jones is underpaid?

Firstly, we don't know how much revenue the UFC generates relative to boxing on a per PPV event. Jon wants "Diante" money, but for all we know, a Deontay Wilder fight makes 2-3x the total revenue combined. In that case, Jon deserves 1/3rd as much as Deontay. So if Deontay is making $30M, then Jon deserves $10M. And we already know that Jon makes over $5 million per fight, because he admitted as much on twitter.

And then we need to factor in the UFC saving his career. Jon clearly deserved a 4 year ban, and the UFC paid USADA to defend him. That is payment in itself. They saved Jon's career. Jon owes them for that. So maybe Jon being paid 50% of what he could potentially make is actually fair, given that he wouldn't have a career without the UFC.

You're only worth what you can negotiate. The problem is people comparing UFC and boxing is just completely stupid. UFC as a promoter is a key factor into selling PPVs. Thats proven fact in the 20+ year history of North American MMA. Name a PPV that sold over 150,000 buys that the UFC didn't promote. The answer is none. Not Fedor nor Brock could generate over that amount when they fought on a non-UFC ppv.

Thats why the UFC has massive power here and why Jones can't strongarm them on Twitter into paying him money for a superfight that the UFC never asked for in the first place.

When Jon says "kicking it and being a dad" I assume he means having more children out of wedlock.

Jon "GOAT" Jones demands what he wants and needs. And more: he is ABSOLUTELY right. Super fight, better compensation. That Dana White narrative sucked, talking about 30 million that Jones never said anything like this. Dana is a liar, we always knew that but haters prefer to hate on Jones instead of see the TRUTH: that Dana White never changed his behaviour, NEVER. He is a liar and will continue to be. NO NEWS.

RESPECT the second best fighter of all time - only below Anderson "THE SPIDER" Silva, of course.

So much fanboyism in this post. How do you actually know that Jones DIDN'T ask for 30 million?

isnt there an exclusivity deal if he retires for like two years, connor had to get the owners blessing to box floyd and they still took a piece

I meant the average of Jones PPV vs Canelo, Jones likely has a higher average. Canelo did 325K for Erislandy, 350K for Angulo, For Jame Kirkland I doubt it was higher than the Angulo or Erislandy fight, Liam Smith 300K, 900K for Miguel Cotto, 600K for Amir Khan, 300K for Austin Trout, GGG which I believe both did around 1.1 million Buys.

So nearly all his PPV fights have been in the 300K range except for the Cotto, Khan and Mayweather match. If you didnt include Mayweather into the mix than there is no doubt Jones has a higher average than Canelo. Add in GGG in the mix as well of fights where Canelo has done above 400K.

Also canelo has never had any boxing PPV fight where it was $50 or even 40 or 30 dollars more. If he has I would love to see you prove me wrong. I dont even think there is one that was $20 more but please try to prove me wrong.

So as you can see you inflate Canelos PPV success cause of Maweather fight and the 2 ggg fights. In reality he hasnt been this PPV juggernaut.
Jones vs. Teixeira: $17.5 million PPV

Canelo vs. Angulo: $21 million PPV *Canelo was just coming off Mayweather loss
Canelo vs. Lara: $18 million PPV

Canelo ($19.5 avg) > Jones ($17.5 avg)

Jones vs. Cormier: $40 million PPV

Canelo vs. Kirkland: N/A
Canelo vs. Cotto: $58 million PPV

Canelo ($58 avg) > Jones ($40 avg)

Jones vs. OSP: $16.1 million PPV *co-headlined with Demetrious Johnson

Canelo vs. Khan: $42 million PPV
Canelo vs. Smith: $19.5 million PPV

Canelo ($30.75 avg) > Jones ($16.1 avg)

Jones vs. Cormier 2: $47.3 million PPV *co-headlined with Woodley & Cyborg

Canelo vs. Chavez: $70 million PPV
Canelo vs. Golovkin: $91 million PPV

Canelo ($80.5 avg) > Jones ($47.3 avg)

Jones vs. Gustafsson: $45.5 million PPV *co-headlined with Nunes & Cyborg

Canelo vs. Golovkin 2: $93.5 million PPV
Canelo vs. Fielding: Streamed, not PPV

Canelo ($93.5 avg) > Jones ($45.5 avg)

2014-2018
Canelo ($51.625 avg) > Jones ($33.28 avg)
Canelo ($413 total) > Jones ($166.4 total)

TLDR: Canelo has a greater average for each year, a greater average from 2014-2018, and a greater total from 2014-2018; and that's in spite of the fact that Jones is often times supported by other champions on his PPV's and has only been fighting once a year in this timeframe (thereby inflating his averages).

giphy.gif

How do you actually know otherwise? Say it to us, genius.

Thats why you're a pathetic fanboy. I never said it is but merely asked if you can support your claims.

Reactions: Arn
Jones vs. Teixeira: $17.5 million PPV

Canelo vs. Angulo: $21 million PPV *Canelo was just coming off Mayweather loss
Canelo vs. Lara: $18 million PPV

Canelo ($19.5 avg) > Jones ($17.5 avg)

Jones vs. Cormier: $40 million PPV

Canelo vs. Kirkland: N/A
Canelo vs. Cotto: $58 million PPV

Canelo ($58 avg) > Jones ($40 avg)

Jones vs. OSP: $16.1 million PPV *co-headlined with Demetrious Johnson

Canelo vs. Khan: $42 million PPV
Canelo vs. Smith: $19.5 million PPV

Canelo ($30.75 avg) > Jones ($16.1 avg)

Jones vs. Cormier 2: $47.3 million PPV *co-headlined with Woodley & Cyborg

Canelo vs. Chavez: $70 million PPV
Canelo vs. Golovkin: $91 million PPV

Canelo ($80.5 avg) > Jones ($47.3 avg)

Jones vs. Gustafsson: $45.5 million PPV *co-headlined with Nunes & Cyborg

Canelo vs. Golovkin 2: $93.5 million PPV
Canelo vs. Fielding: Streamed, not PPV

Canelo ($93.5 avg) > Jones ($45.5 avg)

2014-2018
Canelo ($51.625 avg) > Jones ($33.28 avg)
Canelo ($413 total) > Jones ($166.4 total)

TLDR: Canelo has a greater average for each year, a greater average from 2014-2018, and a greater total from 2014-2018; and that's in spite of the fact that Jones is often times supported by other champions on his PPV's and has only been fighting once a year in this timeframe (thereby inflating his averages).

giphy.gif

Any source for all these figures? dont worry I will wait.

Thats why you're a pathetic fanboy. I never said it is but merely asked if you can support your claims.
And I merely asked when Jones said something like that and you don't know what to say... Because what? Because Dana said? Oh, I see.
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

The bloke can't box whatsoever, let him go and try it'll be hilarious. Hopefully he realises eyepokes and oblique kicks will actually be impossible, then?

Dana's not going to release him. Personally, i'm tired of the guy and don't care if he leaves, but he's still talented so UFC will keep him around. Guy should be thankful he has a job with all the out of ring shit he pulls.

Jones has terrible boxing and is pillow fisted, what makes him think he has any chance in boxing ?

Back