• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Breaking: Jon Jones buries Dana white.Asks for release,Hints at move to Boxing!

In the clip I thought Dana said 15, 20, 30......Not just one number.

Again, it’s really not that interesting to me at this point.......it’s about money and public support until something more tangible comes out of it. Jones isn’t getting released and ultimately will fight again in the ufc. That’s when it gets interesting again. Until then it’s just another public negotiation.

I always point this out - until fights get signed it’s all just posturing and positioning.

There was an article I read where Dana said that Jones is crazy if he thinks he's worth $30M, or something to that effect. If it was anyone one of several numbers, it's very Dana to pick out the highest one for the sake of drama.

I don't care which way it falls, but going way, way back Dana has a history of making completely unsubstantiated insane claims about what fighters are supposedly demanding, and everyone repeats them as gospel, because he should know, right? Unless he's a lying sack of shit, of course.

My ONLY interest in this is whether he claimed to have something to back it up, and then pussed-out when called on it. I just want people to quit quoting his claims when talking about fighters fighting, not fighting, joining or leaving the promotion as if they mean anything.

I only started watching 2 years ago lol so to me most of them seem stacked except for some like UFC 246 and 250
I guess it's all relative; they used to be a lot more stacked before 2014.

Dana: I bought the kid a Bentley (licks lips 40 times) and he didn’t ok he didn’t even listen guys Brock Lesnar is a huge star

If Dana is pissed he won't release him, he just won't book him any fights until his contract expires or is broken from not being given any fights. The sport will go on without Jones. Most of the fans only watch him hoping to see him lose anyway. Lets just get rid of him and see who the best LHW in the world is (cheaters can't be the best).

Jon Jones could get out of his UFC contract with a good lawyer. He is classed as an independent contractor, and should not be legally forced to only be able to work for one employer forever (if he refuses to accept fights). The UFC wouldn't risk going to court because they'd likely lose and would fuck their leverage over the rest of the fighters.

Jon Jones could get out of his UFC contract with a good lawyer. He is classed as an independent contractor, and should not be legally forced to only be able to work for one employer forever (if he refuses to accept fights). The UFC wouldn't risk going to court because they'd likely lose and would fuck their leverage over the rest of the fighters.
On this episode of Sherdog Law™

Jones is leveraging his contract because he'll do anything to avoid fighting ngannou. " I'd love to fight u big guy, but you know... uhh.. err... contract stuff u know.

Yeah sure. Paulie had zero power...even in his prime and is completely washed up. He's the worst possible guy to transition to bare knuckle fighting. And yet, he gave Conor all he could handle "real" boxing while being in terrible shape.
You mean the only evidence that was out there was Conor wiping the floor with him, is all he can handle?

Well I'm fairly sure the contract would include being given a certain amount of fights over a certain period of time so if he doesn't get fights the contract gets nullified anyway and he won't need a lawyer.

Tell that to Randy and Mark Cuban

Fuck him!!!

He was the reason UFC had to cancel for the very FIRST time in history. That and he received a million undeserved favors and his bullshit fucked up many events. He was suppose to main event UFC 200 and he fucked it up by testing positive. UFC 151 got cancelled because he wouldn't fight Chael Sonnen because he was a southpaw as oppose to Dan Henderson who had a similar style.

I think TS meant that Jones buried himself. Suicide watch is on for Jones fans.

Yeah, that's what Randy Couture thought when he tried to leave to go fight Fedor.

Jones' salt is pretty funny tbh.

Except they have gone to court to prevent guys from leaving.

Jones would get destroyed as a Boxer. He's not even close. Without that front leg kick he'd get murked.

Yes, it did 1.1 million buys, which is what I said. What exactly is up for dispute there? Alvarez also did 1 million buys against Chavez, which was hardly a super fight. You need to read what I was responding to before trying to pretend like you have a counter argument.

See below what I'm responding to:

Fact: The highest buyrate Jones has ever done was 860,000; he's never broke a 1 million buyrate.
Fact: Alvarez has broke a 1 million buyrate multiple times.
Fact: The UFC is anywhere from $20-50 cheaper than boxing PPV's, so when comparing who draws more it must be done in the form of revenue.

@TheOneAboveAll3 never qualified his statement (i.e. Jones gets more buys than Canelo if the latter isn't doing a super fight), he just made an across the board claim which is factually incorrect. Jones has never and likely will never approach anywhere near the same revenue that Canelo generates.

I meant the average of Jones PPV vs Canelo, Jones likely has a higher average. Canelo did 325K for Erislandy, 350K for Angulo, For Jame Kirkland I doubt it was higher than the Angulo or Erislandy fight, Liam Smith 300K, 900K for Miguel Cotto, 600K for Amir Khan, 300K for Austin Trout, GGG which I believe both did around 1.1 million Buys.

So nearly all his PPV fights have been in the 300K range except for the Cotto, Khan and Mayweather match. If you didnt include Mayweather into the mix than there is no doubt Jones has a higher average than Canelo. Add in GGG in the mix as well of fights where Canelo has done above 400K.

Also canelo has never had any boxing PPV fight where it was $50 or even 40 or 30 dollars more. If he has I would love to see you prove me wrong. I dont even think there is one that was $20 more but please try to prove me wrong.

So as you can see you inflate Canelos PPV success cause of Maweather fight and the 2 ggg fights. In reality he hasnt been this PPV juggernaut.

Can barely get past the Thiago Santos' and Reyes' without dick pills. It's probably best for him to go elsewhere.

Last edited:
Back