News Breaking Demetrious Johnson vs Rodtang, Lineker vs Bibiano Set for December in ONE

So glad Bibiano isn't facing Kevin Belingon again. I think he gets stopped in short order this time. It has been a long time since he faced somebody as good as Linkeker.

Lineker gonna be a world champ. I'm all for it.

Great match-up. It's a shame Bibiano never crossed over to compete in the US, but the Lineker fight might help us answer some of the "what if" questions. Granted, Bibiano is no spring chicken, but Lineker isn't some young prospect either.

Great match-up. It's a shame Bibiano never crossed over to compete in the US, but the Lineker fight might help us answer some of the "what if" questions. Granted, Bibiano is no spring chicken, but Lineker isn't some young prospect either.
Lineker is 31 and his only losses in the last 7 years were a razor close decision loss to Cory Sandhagen, and a competitive decision loss to Dillashaw.

Bibiano is 41.

If Bibiano pulled this off it would be a massive upset.

Lineker is 31 and his only losses in the last 7 years were a razor close decision loss to Cory Sandhagen, and a competitive decision loss to Dillashaw.

Bibiano is 41.

That's fair - Bibiano has a decade on Lineker, but Lineker has packed in more fights (43 to Bibiano's 28) in roughly the same amount of time (Bibiano started in 2004, Lineker in 2008). Of course, age does matter (as Holyfield showed yesterday), but Lineker isn't some 21-year old phenom.

Last edited:
That's fair - Bibiano has a decade on Lineker, but Lineker has packed in more fights (43 to Bibiano's 28) in roughly the same amount of time (Bibiano started in 2004, Lineker in 2008). Of course, age does matter (as Holyfield showed yesterday), but Lineker isn't some 21-year old phenom.
Yeah so you're saying he's a 31 year old phenom in his prime with the edge in experience too. Definitely a big upset if he manages to lose here.

He's in his prime and might be in his super prime as it looks to me like he's shall we say, enjoying himself post USADA.

I can't imagine this fight not ending in a horrible KO for Bibiano.

Yeah so you're saying he's a 31 year old phenom in his prime with the edge in experience too. Definitely a big upset if he manages to lose here.

He's in his prime and might be in his super prime as it looks to me like he's shall we say, enjoying himself post USADA.

I can't imagine this fight not ending in a horrible KO for Bibiano.

I wouldn't say that Lineker is in his prime. USADA or not, his years of walking forward and blocking punches with his face is bound to catch up - not that Bibiano is the one to do it :)
I guess what would have been ideal is that this match-up take place a good 5 years ago, but (to my original point), since Bibiano spent his best years on Asia, this match-up is the closest we're getting to see "what if" he fought "UFC fighters" (other than losing to Faber in his 2nd pro fight 15 years ago).

Lineker TKO

Bibiano is 41.

How do you define "competitive"? Lineker is legit as hell and very underrated as a fighter but TJ tooled him badly. That was a unanimous 30-26, Lineker got his jaw literally broken from a head kick and he was eating some bad GNP from elbows and punches in that 10-8 rd 2 many unanswered. I believe TJ mounted him a few times too. That was not a competitive fight but for Lineker that was the only time hes been dominated in his prime and hes fought some killers at 125 and 135

Bibiano is 41.

Was it competitive vs TJ? I remember TJ pretty much mauling him.

But yes.. Bibiano should not win this one. I wonder how the odds will be.

Back