HE’S FAT
@Silver
Reaction score
dammit-todd.gif

These threads move incredibly quickly.

jb0Idhz5ymVK91.png

ibjVSIo2E8x8Y0.gif

Last edited:
Everyone, the debate is over now but Loiosh gets handled pretty easily on the last page of the previous thread.

Have a good night all.

I'm only on Team Todd insofar that I want homeboy to get Lydiass.

Everyone, the debate is over now but Loiosh gets handled pretty easily on the last page of the previous thread.

Is there some history between you two or do you always try to rub things in after proclaiming victory for yourself?

You were never in the fight. Your post was only slightly better than LOLoish's.

I'm still waiting on the what was lost on me with the scenes of Hank and the twins and the fake Heisenberg guy. You claimed there was a level of artistry there and that apparently made up for the fact that they were dei ex machina. I believe them to be cheaper suspense and the writers gave their characters softball escapes. If there was something more I would like to know.

Is there some history between you two or do you always try to rub things in after proclaiming victory for yourself?

Proclaiming victory is a lot easier than actually emerging victorious, I commend the efficiency of his approach.

I am not aware of any history, he asked a question, I answered it, he went completely berserk.

Proclaiming victory is a lot easier than actually emerging victorious, I commend the efficiency of his approach.

I am not aware of any history, he asked a question, I answered it, he went completely berserk.

I'm not sure what you were guys were discussing, but he seems a bit nutty.
Wouldn't worry too much about it.

I'm still waiting on the what was lost on me with the scenes of Hank and the twins and the fake Heisenberg guy. You claimed there was a level of artistry there and that apparently made up for the fact that they were dei ex machina. I believe them to be cheaper suspense and the writers gave their characters softball escapes. If there was something more I would like to know.

I think the twin choosing an axe was to build suspense versus what you propose, which I guess is that the writers somehow painted themselves into a corner and needed a quick and neat resolution. Not likely considering it would have been much easier to re-write in Hank shooting one less bullet so he could defend himself against the twin. Deus ex machina is commonly seen in movies and series at their conclusion when a "god from a machine" is needed to save the writers from the corner they've written themselves into. In a single scene, such as the one we're discussing, if the writer needs to be saved from himself not a lot needs to be un-done to do it. It would take much more writing, in this case, to cop out then to just re-write a few things.

Regarding your other examples: I think you more or less just want to know the potential characters in play before it's ever really needed. That's fine and all but it's not deux ex machina when these characters are introduced, even if yes, they are used to resolve something. In the case of the fake Heisenberg, for example, I thought it was both a comedic resolution and an apt display of sleazy Saul's connections. Personally, I have no heartburn with it. I think this might be lost on you potentially because you might have recently learned what deus ex machina is and are eager to use it as often as possible.

You're in a universe where a chemistry teacher with a DEA agent brother-in-law with a hard-on for meth cooks chose to go into the meth making business. If you can believe this, you can believe there's a guy that goes to jail for a living. You can't really pick and choose what to bitch about and slap the deux ex machina label on everything. I mean, you can, it just doesn't mean it's right.

I'm always victorious, even when I lose. {butchered Scarface quote}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back