Breakfast Ideas/suggestions

If you can make a proper omellette, there is absolutely no limit to the things you can do with it. The egg is a blank canvas. For example, use the omelette to use up left over chili, chop up your favourite vegetables and sautee them, add some cheese, even exotic cheeses like camembert or blue cheese, try omelettes with different country themes like Thailand, Brazil, Japan, or India. At most you'd need 2 or 3 main ingredients, a sauce, and some seasoning, and some imagination.

oh hell yeah. I like to add in cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, and spinach to my omelettes.

4 whole eggs
3/4 cup of egg whites
1/2 cup of 2% cheddar
2 TBSP cream cheese
2 slices of whole wheat bread.

I eat this almost every morning.

Good Point! I really is a blank canvas, I am going try and eat more omellettes when time permits in the morning.

To save time in the morning, I chop up all the stuff I want in the omelette the night before, and put it into little zip lock bags. That cuts down the total cooking time of the omelette to no more than 6 or 7 minutes. The actual egg part of your omelette should take no more than 2 minutes to cook, depending on how many eggs you're using, and the size of your pan. Sauteeing the vegetables for the omelette shouldn't take any more than 3-4 minutes. I'm usually done cooking, and eating in 15 minutes.

4 whole eggs
3/4 cup of egg whites
1/2 cup of 2% cheddar
2 TBSP cream cheese
2 slices of whole wheat bread.

I eat this almost every morning.

you make an omelete then? and you add the cream cheese to the eggs or on the whole wheat bread?

It sounds good, i usually add honey, craisins, dried cherries with some flax seed oil. What do you ad for frozen fruit? thank you

Just anything that is either chopped up or that are small berries. So raspberries, blueberries, cherries, strawberries, etc.

Almost the same shit every morning for breakfast.

3 eggs (4 is a bit much for me).

Splash of spinach and kidney beans.

Peppers.

Any meat if I have some left over or kicking around.

I'm fine for 4 hours.

With a pile of steak, 5-6 hours.

This is every single morning - no exceptions! with directions ;)

1 cup of oats, mixed with a little water. (sometimes I use the steel cut quaker packets that are sugar free, they taste better)
Microwave for 2:30
Take out and stir it up.

Add one teaspoon vanilla, stir that up.
Half a scoop of your favorite protein powder, and then you are most likely going to want to stir that up as well.
Half a cup of silk unsweetened (no sugar added)
One non fat yogurt of your choice (I like dannon vanilla) We put this into the oatmeal as well.

Then about half a cup to three fourths a cup of either strawberries, blueberries, or bananas. I like to switch the fruit up to keep things super duper exciting and on the edge.

Anyway, mix that all up and put back in the microwave for another 30-45 seconds.

tm-oatmeal.gif

I usually stir 3 eggs up in a cereal bowl, slap it in the m-wave for 2:45, and out comes a little egg souffle. I then hit it with the hot sowce and mow it down.

I usually stir 3 eggs up in a cereal bowl, slap it in the m-wave for 2:45, and out comes a little egg souffle. I then hit it with the hot sowce and mow it down.

How much trial and error did you have to go through until you went through to get this right and what kind of hot sauce did you use?

6 eggs scrambled or boiled with 100g of brocolli atm.

Here's what I like to do for training days:

1 packet instant cream of wheat mixed with 1 packet of quaker instant plain whole grain oats. I just like the consistency better than either of them on their own.

1 tsp of sweetener
1 tbsp E.D. Smiths No Sugar Added syrup or triple fruits fruit spread if I don't have fruit. Yes I like things sweet.
1 cup of fruit. I mix it up between the berries.
1 tbsp organic all natural peanut butter.

I find this stick to your ribs type of breakfast gives me the sustained energy I'm looking for to train and do my cardio without feeling drained or hungry during training.

On off days I like my egg scrambles. This is what I'll be having Sunday:

4 whole farm fresh eggs
2 jalepenos
2 cups of mixed veggies
2 oz of prosciutto.
1 tbsp butter

First I'll cook the prosciutto a bit with the jalepenos until the jalepenos are nice & soft. Then I'll nuke the frozen veggies for about 4 min and throw them in. I crack my eggs right on top, and it starts out looking like an omlette, but I keep mixing it once in awhile on low heat so the bottom doesn't burn. I also blend in some black pepper and herbs du province which is really nice stuff. I like my eggs moist, so the fat from the pork, and the water from the veggoes does a nice job of this as the eggs soak it all up. At the end, I have an amazingly spicy egg scramble withgreat meat flavour. It's like having eggs over easy only scrambled. I hate it when eggs are cooked too much.

you make an omelete then? and you add the cream cheese to the eggs or on the whole wheat bread?

My bad I scramble the eggs, add the cream cheese and mix up well then add the cheddar it is great.

Here's what I like to do for training days:

1 packet instant cream of wheat mixed with 1 packet of quaker instant plain whole grain oats. I just like the consistency better than either of them on their own.

1 tsp of sweetener
1 tbsp E.D. Smiths No Sugar Added syrup or triple fruits fruit spread if I don't have fruit. Yes I like things sweet.
1 cup of fruit. I mix it up between the berries.
1 tbsp organic all natural peanut butter.

I find this stick to your ribs type of breakfast gives me the sustained energy I'm looking for to train and do my cardio without feeling drained or hungry during training.

On off days I like my egg scrambles. This is what I'll be having Sunday:

4 whole farm fresh eggs
2 jalepenos
2 cups of mixed veggies
2 oz of prosciutto.
1 tbsp butter

First I'll cook the prosciutto a bit with the jalepenos until the jalepenos are nice & soft. Then I'll nuke the frozen veggies for about 4 min and throw them in. I crack my eggs right on top, and it starts out looking like an omlette, but I keep mixing it once in awhile on low heat so the bottom doesn't burn. I also blend in some black pepper and herbs du province which is really nice stuff. I like my eggs moist, so the fat from the pork, and the water from the veggoes does a nice job of this as the eggs soak it all up. At the end, I have an amazingly spicy egg scramble withgreat meat flavour. It's like having eggs over easy only scrambled. I hate it when eggs are cooked too much.

Sundays meal sounds wicked hella good, i must try it and add onions or chives to it, hell that sounds so good i may have to try that now thank you

Sundays meal sounds wicked hella good, i must try it and add onions or chives to it, hell that sounds so good i may have to try that now thank you

You're welcome. Other things I do with it is use half a sweet pepper, 4 oz of mini bella mushrooms and 9-12 sweet cherry tomatoes. Then after that's cooked I crack the eggs on, break the yolks and add a hot salsa. Gives the eggs a dark orange look and tastes great. You can also use any hot sauce you like. I like mine really hot sometimes, and a nice spice combo I've found that works well with eggs is cayenne pepper and thyme. A pinch of rosemary can be good as well, but not so much with the flamin eggs. I've also used pancetta, smoked bacon, cooked shredded turkey and chicken breast, and peameal for the meat. So far they've all been good and all tasted completely different. The possibilities are endless.

depends if you wanna tone add muscle lose weight eat healthier you should mention your goal

i see alot of people eating eggs and cheese in the morning. What would be recommended for someone with high cholesterol? i want to maintain mass but kind of find it hard to think of good low fat/cholesterol sources.

i see alot of people eating eggs and cheese in the morning. What would be recommended for someone with high cholesterol? i want to maintain mass but kind of find it hard to think of good low fat/cholesterol sources.

RUH-ROH.
:eek:

wow, I really need to get my eating habits on track. If I eat breakfast at all (sometimes I'm running late for work) I eat a bowl of oatmeal with some brown sugar in it. It's probably the healthiest thing I eat

Back