Breakfast Ideas/suggestions

mnlax13

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi
So for those who train or keep diet logs, what do you usually have for breakfast and what would you recomend? other than this stuff i am kind of getting tired of this everyday.

My breakfast usually is this
4 egg omelet with 1 egg yolk, with vegetables no cheese and sarachi hot sauce
fruit
or
Oatmeal with honey
Yogurt and Granola
fruit

Hi
So for those who train or keep diet logs, what do you usually have for breakfast and what would you recomend? other than this stuff i am kind of getting tired of this everyday.

My breakfast usually is this
4 egg omelet with 1 egg yolk, with vegetables no cheese and sarachi hot sauce
fruit
or
Oatmeal with honey
Yogurt and Granola
fruit

Its hard to say without knowing your specifc goals, but don't be so stingy with the egg yolk. They get a bad rap for cholesterol, but are mostly HDL, not LDL.

i just wanted to just stay in shape with the martial arts , i tried the caveman diet for mma but i noticed so many changes lack of energy and irratability.

As stated, it's impossible to recommend much without knowing what your goals are.

But simple changes to what you're eating can make a difference.

Eat your yolks for starters, you cannot be told enough, eat your yolks.

But changes.
Omelette, add cheese, it's worth the calories.
Try avacado and salsa on an omlette for a different experience.
Curry paste, coconut mlk + eggs scrambled are enjoyable.
Add chicken or bacon.
Eat a steak.
Basically change your omlette. Each morning I have 4-8 egg omlettes. Spinach, chilli, chees and mushroom Or chciken, bacon, cheese, mushroom Or capsicum, spinach, red onion and super hot shilli sauce.

Changes to Oats are the same.
Apple and cinamon
Blueberries
Peanut butter and cocoa powder
organic butter and splenda
Coconut Milk

hot or cold, soak the oats overnight in milk or water then throw stuff on top.

Lack of energy and irritability can mean all sorts of things, but if you lacked energy from your diet, it may be what you eat in an entire day, not just breakfast.

Good luck with it though, for me, spices (in particular chilli and variations of chilli's) change up an entire meal and keep things interesting.

bacon and eggs. or a protein shake. I'm lazy and a shake is easy to make

As stated, it's impossible to recommend much without knowing what your goals are.

But simple changes to what you're eating can make a difference.

Eat your yolks for starters, you cannot be told enough, eat your yolks.

But changes.
Omelette, add cheese, it's worth the calories.
Try avacado and salsa on an omlette for a different experience.
Curry paste, coconut mlk + eggs scrambled are enjoyable.
Add chicken or bacon.
Eat a steak.
Basically change your omlette. Each morning I have 4-8 egg omlettes. Spinach, chilli, chees and mushroom Or chciken, bacon, cheese, mushroom Or capsicum, spinach, red onion and super hot shilli sauce.

Changes to Oats are the same.
Apple and cinamon
Blueberries
Peanut butter and cocoa powder
organic butter and splenda
Coconut Milk

hot or cold, soak the oats overnight in milk or water then throw stuff on top.

Lack of energy and irritability can mean all sorts of things, but if you lacked energy from your diet, it may be what you eat in an entire day, not just breakfast.

Good luck with it though, for me, spices (in particular chilli and variations of chilli's) change up an entire meal and keep things interesting.

Thanks for the helpful/insighful information i will try that tommrow. I usually eat alot of things with hot sauce, idk if you put it on your eggs, steak, meats etc, but i would really recomend franks, sarachi or tabasco sauce it always makes food good. I will be sure to try the spice recomendation too thanks again

bacon and eggs. or a protein shake. I'm lazy and a shake is easy to make

You can never go wrong with muscle milk (vanilla), milk, oats, bananas, and a scoop of peanut butter. best protein shake ive ever had!

Every morning I generally eat: Oats, random frozen fruit, flax seed, almonds, and cinnamon. If you want more protein you can just add some whey and you're good to go. That's a fairly casual breakfast I think.

If you can make a proper omellette, there is absolutely no limit to the things you can do with it. The egg is a blank canvas. For example, use the omelette to use up left over chili, chop up your favourite vegetables and sautee them, add some cheese, even exotic cheeses like camembert or blue cheese, try omelettes with different country themes like Thailand, Brazil, Japan, or India. At most you'd need 2 or 3 main ingredients, a sauce, and some seasoning, and some imagination.

If you can make a proper omellette, there is absolutely no limit to the things you can do with it. The egg is a blank canvas. For example, use the omelette to use up left over chili, chop up your favourite vegetables and sautee them, add some cheese, even exotic cheeses like camembert or blue cheese, try omelettes with different country themes like Thailand, Brazil, Japan, or India. At most you'd need 2 or 3 main ingredients, a sauce, and some seasoning, and some imagination.

I will have to definatly try some bree, provalone, and bleu cheese. I will definatly also have to try Korean too, kimchee is really good and it might taste good with that. hot sauce is also a must for me, i love the sarachi and franks. i have chicken breasts seasoned with cinamon, cayene, and spices, i should try cutting slicing it up and adding it. Have you tried a spinach, mushroom, and onion omelette with rice? its really good

Every morning I generally eat: Oats, random frozen fruit, flax seed, almonds, and cinnamon. If you want more protein you can just add some whey and you're good to go. That's a fairly casual breakfast I think.

It sounds good, i usually add honey, craisins, dried cherries with some flax seed oil. What do you ad for frozen fruit? thank you

I'm cutting weight right now so a normal breakfast for me is a protein shake, banana and a whole grain english muffin.

Try scrambling a few eggs in ghee with some robust cheddar and a few dashes of montreal steak seasoning, then top with some salsa of your liking. This, with a few strips of beef bacon, is absolutely glorious.

If I don't have time to do my 5 eggs and half pound of bacon I roll with a shake of whole milk, whole fat greek yogurt or kefir, chocolate protein, banana, and peanut butter.

I will have to definatly try some bree, provalone, and bleu cheese. I will definatly also have to try Korean too, kimchee is really good and it might taste good with that. hot sauce is also a must for me, i love the sarachi and franks. i have chicken breasts seasoned with cinamon, cayene, and spices, i should try cutting slicing it up and adding it. Have you tried a spinach, mushroom, and onion omelette with rice? its really good

I have a spinach, asparagus, and mushroom omelette mostly. It's delicious.

An idea for the chicken breast, sautee some peppers and onions, throw em in the omelette with the chicken, and some cheese, and top the omelette with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.

Good Point! I really is a blank canvas, I am going try and eat more omellettes when time permits in the morning.

Back