Breakfast help

RyanMMA09

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Alright, I'm 17, been training since January, taking BJJ and MMA classes usually three days a week. I'm 185 pounds, but kind of out of shape right now, I've been really working on my diet this past month and I'm wondering what suggestions on a good breakfast, from what I heard, 2% milk and some health cereal isn't cutting it, so what do ya'll eat in the morning?

Egg's, oatmeal, a protein shake and maybe some fruit.
qft

boiled eggs and oata are hella easy, you can just make it the night before, too. make some home made granola and throw some non fat, plain yogurt on there with some berries, too

I like some whole milk european style yogurt,a handful of blueberries,alot of ground flax + a little bit of splenda.

You can never go wrong witb eggs though.Seriously.

I'm fairly carb intolerant,so I tend to shy away from oatmeal in the AM.

Normally oats+protein shake+yohurt+berries+maybe some nuts/seeds, or if im lazy I just mix it all in the shake. Might try some natural muesli soon, not sure how good they are compared to oats.

super shake

1 scoop vanilla whey
1/2 scoop vanilla casein
1 raw egg yolk
splash of ACV
1 big spoonful of canned pumpkin
1 tsp milled flax
1/2 tsp coconut
1/2 cup frozen berries
couple slices of grapefruit
1 tsp greens
1 cup frozen chopped spinach
1 cup frozen broccoli
1/2 cup frozen cauliflower
chug with a couple fish oil caps, vitamin b complex with added vitamin C, and im done.

oats
eggs
fruit
cottage cheese

it's all you need

... Really? That's all you need in the morning? What about veggies?

Here's what I do in the morning:

- 16 ounces of milk
- 2 scoops of whey protein
- 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 cup of frozen fruit
- 5 grams of creatine monohydrate

I find that oats in this shake is just too much and between the milk, fruit and spinach I get more than enough carbs.

4 Eggs
Minced Garlic
Diced Green Chile
Handful Chopped Spinach
1 Tbspn Olive Oil

Plain white yogurt with honey and on the side an apple/orange or banana with water

... Really? That's all you need in the morning? What about veggies?

Here's what I do in the morning:

- 16 ounces of milk
- 2 scoops of whey protein
- 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 cup of frozen fruit
- 5 grams of creatine monohydrate

I find that oats in this shake is just too much and between the milk, fruit and spinach I get more than enough carbs.

too many supps. I try not take whey with meals, i find I rely on it too much that way. I only take whey b4 and after i workout, and don't take any supps on off days. And you can get ur veggies throughout the day, who eats spinach for breakfast? lol :D

What abotu for people who can't eat eggs (give me some serious shits)?

Is say blending some berries, some Quaker oats into muscle milk w/ skim milk or maybe apple juice good? Or even throwing spinach in there?

I don't like peanut butter so I'm skipping that one.

I mean I'd PREFER eggs but my body won;t tolerate them.

who eats spinach for breakfast?

Er, omelets? But aside from that, eat veggies whenever you can. Muscle milk mixed in oatmeal or even plain yogurt can be pretty tasty and satisfying. If I have any leftovers from dinner though and don't particularly care to make something, I'll eat that for breakfast.

Do you know if your body reacts to the egg whites or the yolks? Egg whites aren't too bad scrambled, especially with veggies, meat, and/or seasoning.

Er, omelets? But aside from that, eat veggies whenever you can. Muscle milk mixed in oatmeal or even plain yogurt can be pretty tasty and satisfying. If I have any leftovers from dinner though and don't particularly care to make something, I'll eat that for breakfast.

Do you know if your body reacts to the egg whites or the yolks? Egg whites aren't too bad scrambled, especially with veggies, meat, and/or seasoning.

As far as I can tell its the whites. I havent actually tried yolks alone but I tried an egg white omelet and it was the same thing, instant bathroom break, like within 5 minutes of my first bite, lol.

muesclii, make it every night before bed and its nice and ready in the morning. with that ill have a protein shake with +greens

Back