breakdown how cain beat jds

Interesting article.
The truth is that Cigano cannot hit hard while on the retreat because it is a rarely practiced technique and it is a skill which isn't taught much in traditional boxing.
Really? Does counter-punching an advancing opponent count?

You know what I mean - countering an opponent's punch with your punch.

I don't think so. On one hand you are actively retreating WHILE punching back, on the other hand you are countering a guy's forward attack.

I suspect one reason why backward punching isn't taught much because of an emphasis based on lateral movement than linear movement most of the time.

You know what I mean - countering an opponent's punch with your punch.

Interesting...

And how often do you see this so called counter punch? Is there one in front of you right now?

Turned into a troll fest.

Well, Gandalf/JDS. Who takes it?

Gandalf has nice reach but gass easy.

I can break it down easily. Force the pace, get the takedown, Gnp. Rinse, repeat.

I can break it down easily. Force the pace, get the takedown, Gnp. Rinse, repeat.

That sums it up!

During the 1st round I though JDS was gonna put him out. Had his jab dialed in and was able to get back to his feet with relative ease........... But, that wasn't the case and Cain did his thing, masterfully so and whooped that ass!

I was however impressed with JDS ability to keep getting back off the mat, which is no small task against a wrestler as good as Cain.

Nobody was surprised when JDS refused to bomb Cain after his failed takedowns?

maybe he tripped that he was still in the Frank Mir fight...

Bizarre

I think JDS should have utilized more double jabs to be honest. Cain was open to them all day. And then he could mix up an uppercut in there for power.

I think JDS should have utilized more double jabs to be honest. Cain was open to them all day. And then he could mix up an uppercut in there for power.

Yep, I like his body punching too but I don't know why he doesn't build that body punching into combinations. Honestly, I think Cain just took the fight out of him and from rd 2 on his only concern was defending the TD and that resulted in desperation punching, looking for that 1 shot.........

Yep, I like his body punching too but I don't know why he doesn't build that body punching into combinations. Honestly, I think Cain just took the fight out of him and from rd 2 on his only concern was defending the TD and that resulted in desperation punching, looking for that 1 shot.........

Agreed. JDS has a heart of a lion though. I think he could do better in a rematch

He was so worried about takedowns that his striking defense went to hell, the jab really would have helped him there IMO.

Cain didn't let him establish any kind of rhythm and set a pace that broke Dos Santos down from the beginning.Once he landed that right hand in the first Dos Santos was just trying to survive and Cain never let him recover.

Last edited:
Cain was handling JDS on the feet too guys.

Jds impressed me wit his ability to keep getting up and to stuff most of the takedown attempts, honestly I feel jr thought cain would just shoot and cain did just that early. Jds settled into that mindset and the cain blasted him.

Cain has enough holes jds could have been more effective, but cain pushing the pace and threatening with td's essentially got jds out of the pace rhythm and range he likes to work in. Jds couldn't work counters or combos because cain always was threatening wit something, he essentially made jds a defensive guy looking for the big shot'

Jds impressed me wit his ability to keep getting up and to stuff most of the takedown attempts, honestly I feel jr thought cain would just shoot and cain did just that early. Jds settled into that mindset and the cain blasted him.

Cain has enough holes jds could have been more effective, but cain pushing the pace and threatening with td's essentially got jds out of the pace rhythm and range he likes to work in. Jds couldn't work counters or combos because cain always was threatening wit something, he essentially made jds a defensive guy looking for the big shot'

What's more amazing to me is how JDS didn't consider Cain would try this. If you look at Cain's previous stuff it clearly shows. It's like JDS didn't bother to study him or anything.

What's more amazing to me is how JDS didn't consider Cain would try this. If you look at Cain's previous stuff it clearly shows. It's like JDS didn't bother to study him or anything.

I think he felt cain would do something smilar, but he figured cain ould slow down n he would have opp to finish o cain wouldn't commit to his strikes for fear of being countered; the intensity of cains attack and the fact he kept attacking was the diff.

I think he felt cain would do something smilar, but he figured cain ould slow down n he would have opp to finish o cain wouldn't commit to his strikes for fear of being countered; the intensity of cains attack and the fact he kept attacking was the diff.

I don't know about that. I mean what can Cain really do? He stands and bangs or he takes you down or a combo of the two. What Cain did was nothing new when it comes to wrestlers in mma. The applies to stopping it as well. I really chalk it up to JDS underestimating Cain

Back