breakdown how cain beat jds

What's more amazing to me is how JDS didn't consider Cain would try this. If you look at Cain's previous stuff it clearly shows. It's like JDS didn't bother to study him or anything.

I think the first fight made JDS a little overconfident on his feet. But I agree, it seemed like JDS was well prepared for the TD's and getting back to his feet but made the mistake of dismissing the threat of Cain being on his feet. JDS may be the more accomplished striker, but Cain is no slouch on his feet and is IMO a very underrated striker. He's got quick hands, quick feet, good timing, changes elevation and closes distance very well and he knows how to fight in the pocket with combination punching. His striking style is really perfectly suited to his wrestling pedigree.

I think he felt cain would do something smilar, but he figured cain ould slow down n he would have opp to finish o cain wouldn't commit to his strikes for fear of being countered; the intensity of cains attack and the fact he kept attacking was the diff.

If JDS ever made the assumption that Cain would "slow down", then he should fire his entire coaching staff and re-evaluate anybody who ever gave him that impression. If there is one thing you can bet on fighting against Cain, it's that he ain't gonna slow down and he's coming to fight, the only way to avoid getting into a war with Cain is to get him out of the ring or not get in it with him in the first place. So long as he is still in that cage hes gonna bring the fight to his opponent and it's not avoidable.

I think the first fight made JDS a little overconfident on his feet. But I agree, it seemed like JDS was well prepared for the TD's and getting back to his feet but made the mistake of dismissing the threat of Cain being on his feet. JDS may be the more accomplished striker, but Cain is no slouch on his feet and is IMO a very underrated striker. He's got quick hands, quick feet, good timing, changes elevation and closes distance very well and he knows how to fight in the pocket with combination punching. His striking style is really perfectly suited to his wrestling pedigree.

If JDS ever made the assumption that Cain would "slow down", then he should fire his entire coaching staff and re-evaluate anybody who ever gave him that impression. If there is one thing you can bet on fighting against Cain, it's that he ain't gonna slow down and he's coming to fight, the only way to avoid getting into a war with Cain is to get him out of the ring or not get in it with him in the first place. So long as he is still in that cage hes gonna bring the fight to his opponent and it's not avoidable

guess he needs to fire his entire staff, according to his jiu jitsu coach jds plan was that cain would wear out chasing takedowns/etc and then jds would be able to pick him apart and finish w/a big counter.

as i said earlier jds did not think cain would attempt to strike w/him and would only chase force attempt takedowns; then when cain slowed a bit, he would polish him off. Cain's willingness to strike and commit to them is what made the diff...

guess he needs to fire his entire staff, according to his jiu jitsu coach jds plan was that cain would wear out chasing takedowns/etc and then jds would be able to pick him apart and finish w/a big counter.

as i said earlier jds did not think cain would attempt to strike w/him and would only chase force attempt takedowns; then when cain slowed a bit, he would polish him off. Cain's willingness to strike and commit to them is what made the diff...

To be honest if that is the case he might consider listening to someone else. Its one thing to think Cain would gas based on track record but it's another thing to make an assumption with little evidence. At some point in the game planning JDS team had to at least consider he would end up in the clinch. He did terrible there and beyond the ground got beat up the most in this area.

Back