Brazilian Police going on strike tomorrow(May 21st)

MTRio

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Brazilian law permits police going on strike - they'll do it tomorrow.

The same law forbids brazilian citizens to carry guns (Estatuto do Desarmamento).

Tomorrow, brazilian people will go on streets having just their BJJ to protect themselves.

Wish us luck Sherdog.

Brazilian law permits police going on strike - they'll do it tomorrow.

The same law forbids brazilian citizens to carry guns (Estatuto do Desarmamento).

Tomorrow, brazilian people will go on streets having just their BJJ to protect themselves.

Wish us luck Sherdog.

Is this over the World Cup they are doing this strike? If its nation wide things could get really bad. I know in LA riots yes I know no strikes things where insane. Hopefully some officers chose not to participate.

Is this over the World Cup they are doing this strike? If its nation wide things could get really bad. I know in LA riots yes I know no strikes things where insane. Hopefully some officers chose not to participate.

They want a salary raise of 80%.

Well that’s sucks. Are they all going on strike or just a percentage?

Rio de Janeiro's (my state) union said they hope to have more of 60% going on strike, but they want to keep at least 30% working as law demands.

Rio de Janeiro's (my state) union said they hope to have more of 60% going on strike, but they want to keep at least 30% working as law demands.

I have family from Brazil and they all tell me the Brazilian police has awful response times. I can't imagine they'll be much better operating at 30%.

I think the problem is - the State says: "Look, you don't need these guns, they will harm you, give them to us, the police will protect you."

And then, the next day the Police says: "Know what? Today we're not going to protect you, our salaries are too low..."

I think the problem is - the State says: "Look, you don't need these guns, they will harm you, give them to us, the police will protect you."

And then, the next day the Police says: "Know what? Today we're not going to protect you, our salaries are too low..."

I don't understand why Brazil of all places has strict gun laws. I'm not the type to think guns are the answer to violence but surely when violence is such an issue and the police seem so incapable of keeping the people safe it wouldn't such a bad idea to let the public arm themselves and try and defend themselves while the government tries to improve its policing and try and target the root causes of violence.

I don't understand why Brazil of all places has strict gun laws. I'm not the type to think guns are the answer to violence but surely when violence is such an issue and the police seem so incapable of keeping the people safe it wouldn't such a bad idea to let the public arm themselves and try and defend themselves while the government tries to improve its policing and try and target the root causes of violence.

We like to have "modern" (or "progressive") laws, even if we don't have the material conditions to implement or enforce them.

If gun laws are so strict, why are the criminals in the favelas better armed than the police in the US?

Is this over the World Cup they are doing this strike?

I am sure the World Cup is playing a factor. With being severely behind schedule with construction coupled with a prolonged police strike Brazil would reach clown status country.

If gun laws are so strict, why are the criminals in the favelas better armed than the police in the US?

1. Because they say: "FY law".

2. The police have a policy of warning the criminals before entering in the favela so as to give them time to escape and avoid shootings and killings.

I am sure the World Cup is playing a factor. With being severely behind schedule with construction coupled with a prolonged police strike Brazil would reach clown status country.

Would?

I am sure the World Cup is playing a factor. With being severely behind schedule with construction coupled with a prolonged police strike Brazil will confirm its clown status country.

Fixed.

Brazil's version of Trickle Down Economics

Brazil+City+Inequality+Picture.jpeg

My cousin from Brazil told me if you want to get a gun legally you have to jump through quite a few hoops but if you don't care for the law its not hard to find a gun.

My guess is there won't be much more crime than usual. I could be wrong.

Back