Brazilian MMA gym records pre and post USADA

Eloquent Dredge

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
This isn't fighter bashing. I'm merely pointing out some research that I have done with regards to some Brazilian MMA gyms. Nova Uniao in particular.

Nova Union from 2013 to June 2015 of their following main UFC fighters:

JDS = 2 wins 1 loss
Jose Aldo = 4 wins 0 loss
Renan Barao = 4 wins 1 loss
Thales Leites = 5 wins 0 loss
Gadelha = 3 wins 1 loss
Hacran Dias = 2 wins 2 loss

Total of 20 wins and 5 losses for a 80% win rate.

Since July 2015, Ie when Usada came into play this is the records of Nova Uniao fighters.

Junior Dos Santos: 1 win vs Rothwell, 1 Loss.
Jose Aldo : 1 win vs Edgar 1 loss vs McGregor
Renan Barao: 1 win vs Nover 2 losses vs Stephens and TJ
Thales Leites: 1 win 3 losses
Gadelha 2 wins 1 loss
Hacran Dias = 0 wins 2 losses

Total = 6 wins and 10 losses at a win rate of 37.5% win rate.

I have similar results for blackhouse, but won't post them because in fairness to them, their roster is full of declining legends like Silva and the Nog Brothers who naturally will be losing more often. Therefore the statistics for them will be skewed. Whereas Nova Uniao's roster is all relatively young and at their peak.

But yeah, I'm not going to add any additional comments but judge for yourself.

Also, I'd like to further add that the chutebox dudes have literally all been busted before.

silvia-.gif

You're a hater and nobody cares about your opinion

:)

Good use of stats, but to be fair, this probably holds true for ATT as well.

hxxarj.jpg

This again?

Also you said 'no additional comments' and then made one :D

U have my like for some stats, don't know if they are accurate, I'm too lazy to check so I will trust you on that.

You're a hater and nobody cares about your opinion

:)

Ugh I hate responses like these.

When people bring facts on the table and people just call the statistian a hater disregards said facts.

What's my opinion? I haven't given it. I've merely given facts.

Truthfully, what you're saying is akin to "I don't care about facts"

Ugh I hate responses like these.

When people bring facts on the table and people just call the statistian a hater disregards said facts.

What's my opinion? I haven't given it. I've merely given facts.

Truthfully, what you're saying is akin to "I don't care about facts"

I like facts - stats and facts can be manipulated based on how you present them. Post the stats/facts on the major US gyms as well to give more context rather than only one Brazilian gym and comments on another.

Yeah, the powerful hi-tech nation of Brazil is ahead in sports medicine and doping techniques. Give us a break, study the history of the Olympics, look at sports in general and you'll see 3rd world country are not at the forefront of doping.

Josh Barnett, a white American, just popped for the fourth time, yet we're analyzing the records of Brazilian MMA gyms?

Everyone was juicing Pre-USADA. Doesn't matter where they were from. And many still are.

I like facts - stats and facts can be manipulated based on how you present them. Post the stats/facts on the major US gyms as well to give more context rather than only one Brazilian gym and comments on another.

Will do. I shall do it for AKA, Jackwink and Elevation.

Yeah, the powerful hi-tech nation of Brazil is ahead in sports medicine and doping techniques. Give us a break, study the history of the Olympics, look at sports in general and you'll see 3rd world country are not at the forefront of doping.

Having trained in Brazil, I can tell you the culture of PED's is completely different over there.

Here is the stats for AKA:
Disregarding Gray maynard because he barely won a fight pre usada or post usada. he's just shit now basically
Pre Usada 2013 onwards:

Khabib 4-0
Cain 2-1
DC 5-1
Rockhold 4-1
Magomedov 4-0
Makhachev 1-0
Bethe Correa 3-0

3 losses 23 wins at a rate of 88%

Post Usada:

Khabib 2-0
Cain 1-0
Rockhold 1-1
DC 3-0
Magomedov 1-0
Makhachev 1-1
Correa 1-2

10 wins 3 losses = 77%

Still a drop off, not quite as severe as Nova but a drop off nonetheless.

Garbage numbers that are not stats.
1) the data isn't random. You can't choose 6 Brazilian fighters off the top of your head and call it data. Lurking variables are all over this trash.
2) The pre-USADA data is 2 years and the post data is 5 months. Can't compare 2 years to 5 months.
3) No context. There are champions mixed with contenders mixed with gate keepers. Contenders winning then lose against the champion (Claudia), Champion being dethroned by another great fighter (Aldo). Again, lurking variables.
4) hope no1 thinks this <47>is actually stats.

Having trained in Brazil, I can tell you the culture of PED's is completely different over there.

How so? I can bet one thing: Brazil is not at the cutting edge of PED use and development for olympic sports. If anything, it's an oddity that in MMA there are more instances of use. It says nothing of usage outside Brazil.

Most doping schemes come from nations with technology and means to correctly enhance their athletes and pay for that. Brazil does not belong to this group of nations.

Garbage numbers that are not stats.
1) the data isn't random. You can't choose 6 Brazilian fighters off the top of your head and call it data. Lurking variables are all over this trash.
2) The pre-USADA data is 2 years and the post data is 5 months. Can't compare 2 years to 5 months.
3) No context. There are champions mixed with contenders mixed with gate keepers. Contenders winning then lose against the champion (Claudia), Champion being dethroned by another great fighter (Aldo). Again, lurking variables.
4) hope no1 thinks this <47>is actually stats.

1) Actually no. Those 6 are the only ones in the UFC bar Leonard Garcia who has had 1 UFC fight.

2) The pre usada data is 2 years. The post Usada data is 1 year and 7 months. Nice try though.

3) These are ALL the UFC fighters on the Nova Roster apart from Leonard Garcia so THERE IS CONTEXT. I posted all the active AKA ones aswell apart from Gray maynard who is 113534 years old.

Gadelha wasn't with Nova Uniao for her last fight. And what about the fighters who train at multiple gyms for their fight camps?

How so? I can bet one thing: Brazil is not at the cutting edge of PED use and development for olympic sports. If anything, it's an oddity that in MMA there are more instances of use. It says nothing of usage outside Brazil.

Most doping schemes come from nations with technology and means to correctly enhance their athletes and pay for that. Brazil does not belong to this group of nations.

So I went with a group to Brazil a few years back for a few weeks coaching with Marcelo Garcia. Everyone was drugged...and open about it. They were telling us how you could go to the pharmacy and buy over the counter steroids, HgH without prescription and even blood bags of different bloody types that were rich in red blood cells having been trained at elevation all the way up to blood bags of EPO.

Basically all of the grapplers were drugged to the gills.

I could be wrong about MMA in fairness, the MMA culture might be completely different. But all the grapplers were juiced on just about everything.

Back