Brazilian kick

Gotta love the BHK! One of the kicks I'm trying to improve to add to my bag of tricks. I've actually been nailed with one during sparring with a thai fighter. Maybe not the most used technique in traditional MT, but I'm guessing some people teach it over there as well.

When I happen to spar guys in kickboxing I can nail people with that at will, I even got bored with it and consider it for my self "a forbidden technique" as it is too effective. I'm not sparring world class people though.

Honestly I'm asking myself the same question. When I spar kickboxing I catch people with TKD style kicks, including the brazilian, almost at will. I guess the only way we'll know is if someone who has a boxing/TKD background goes in K-1. I'm sure there has been though, so I dunno must be they don't do any damage at the highest level of full contact competition or something.

Otherwise honestly, there are so many good fakes from TKD.

But then boxing also has a lot of fakes, feints, and "crafty tricky" stuff too, and I don't really see those used in MMA. Guess I'll just have to keep training, and I'll find out somewhere down the road :)

Kyryllo's a ninja clan head, better not mess with him.

All it is, is your baiting them in with the front kick motion and then you turn it over to the round kick. Nothing to it. I learned this technique from when I was in TKD when i was younger. I still use now in MMA and kickboxing. It works great on the guys who like to reach out to block your kicks. You can throw this technique in many different ways...

front kick (motion) to round kick
front kick (motion) to side kick
front kick (motion) to hook kick
round kick (motion) to hook kick (personal favorite)
round kick (motion) to side kick

*Im naming the kicks in TKD termanology so it may not be the same as what you may call it, but its still the same darn kick.

*The main thing though is just setting up the kick. Throw out a couple front kicks. Make him think front kick and front kick only. Then once you throw it out again more then likely hes going to reach out for it (because hes a tard) and you are going to turn the kick over the whatever.

*also if kicking is not your thing, these probally aren't going to work as well. Hip flexability is important. Turning over from motion to other seamlessly.

thats my intake on this lil manuver.

I've always known it as "Mawashigeri"(spelling?), and as far as I know its a kyokoshin/TKD technique.
Myself I use it alot when I compete in sport ju-jitsu

I have nothing to add as far as your question goes, but I'd like to note that my roommate and I have made a running gag of "I don't want to talk about Schilt anymore..." and pretty much anything the masked doctor said when he was pressing for who the 'mystery' fighter would be.

HAHAAHA.. I hear ya on that.

You can throw this technique in many different ways...

front kick (motion) to round kick
front kick (motion) to side kick
front kick (motion) to hook kick
round kick (motion) to hook kick (personal favorite)
round kick (motion) to side kick

Muay thai has a similar technique where they turn the teep into a side kick for extra hip extension. But the angle of attack stays the same so it's not really a fake.

I use the roundhouse to hook kick in MT as well. It nearly always catches my opponent off guard. I just use it to shield whatever I throw next as there is little power in it, normally a knee to the body.

Speaking of fakes I really like getting attention of my opponent focused on my low kicks, then throw one and switch it upstairs to the head kick mid way through the kick.

Oh ho, I forgot about you Kyryllo... maybe you can help with something.

I was watching a kyokushin guy named Ewerton Teixeira train and I think he trains with Feitosa. The guy holding pads for him had leg pads (thigh protectors), big thick ones, that were secured with a harness/belt. It looked really good for practiciing high/low combos quickly.

Do you know what it's called or where one could be purchased?
I've looked around for a picture, but could no find one.

The show was K-1 Battle Scramble.

COMMANDO Thigh and Hip Protector - Article 4093070 - KWON USA Online Shop

Back