Brazil crowds are the best...

For the last 70 years America has been the global hegemon that has disproportionately dominated every aspect and industry in the world. Everyone revolves their life around American creations.

17a.jpg

The problem is that Brazilians are WAY TOO BIAS

God forbid someone make the mistake of being born outside of Brazil....

You can make all the 'murica jokes you want, but Americans tend to root for people of all nationalities. We love brazilian fighters, we love canadian fighters, the closest thing we have to being anti-anything is british.. but you know, screw dem

You can make all the 'murica jokes you want, but Americans tend to root for people of all nationalities. We love brazilian fighters, we love canadian fighters, the closest thing we have to being anti-anything is british.. but you know, screw dem

There is a weird anti-British vibe on these forums, though most fervently deny it. I think people have been watching too many Mel Gibson films.

This crowd has been really quiet except for boo's.

It's hard to find a "happy medium" with it comes to MMA crowds. One one hand, you have the quick-to-boo, "USA, USA, USA" idiots that I can't stand, but on the other hand, you have the laser-pointer-shining, "Die, Die, Die," crowds in Brazil. Neither are "the best", and both are worthy of criticism.

I love passionate crowds/fans, but to be honest, the Brazillian crowds come across as a less than classy group of fans. I feel bad for some of the Brazillian Fighters, because they come across as some genuine good people with good values. This has to be somewhat embarrassing for them.

To some extent you're right (specially because it shows in the crowds when we host events) but, then again, that's not a norm. I don't always root in favour of all brazilians and I like many fighters from different countries. Generalizations are never cool because there are exceptions everywhere, that's known, but I guess in a way we've earned that reputation.

tch. they were booing earlier

theyre just as good and bad like other places

It's hard to find a "happy medium" with it comes to MMA crowds. One one hand, you have the quick-to-boo, "USA, USA, USA" idiots that I can't stand, but on the other hand, you have the laser-pointer-shining, "Die, Die, Die," crowds in Brazil. Neither are "the best", and both are worthy of criticism.

MMA is supposed to be an individual sport, though.

As an American, my favorite fighters are Wand, Shogun, Sherk, Reem, Cro Cop, and Rampage.

Some of those chants are ridiculous.

Saying they are going to die? Chanting a country (Hendo gets USA chants even though he is the biggest mix in one person I've almost ever seen).

Lol at the bolded, how bigoted can you get?

How is calling a country 'second-rate' bigoted? All it's doing is describing them as being less powerful and influential than another nation. I'm not suggesting that they are worthless.

I have literally never met anyone who thinks we won in Vietnam. There's a collective facepalm here over that debacle.

This depends on which generation the subject has come from. Young people acknowledge a "lost" war. For historians, this is also true; however, for many veterans, it's a "we won every battle but lost the war" type of situation. This is understandable, given the difficult, unique, and unprecedented circumstances.

MMA is supposed to be an individual sport, though.

As an American, my favorite fighters are Wand, Shogun, Sherk, Reem, Cro Cop, and Rampage.

Some of those chants are ridiculous.

Saying they are going to die? Chanting a country (Hendo gets USA chants even though he is the biggest mix in one person I've almost ever seen).

Hendo has some Native American blood in him, so he is about as American as it gets.

How is calling a country 'second-rate' bigoted? All it's doing is describing them as being less powerful and influential than another nation. I'm not suggesting that they are worthless.

The fact that you can call other countries second rate and not think anything of it speaks volumes.

the crowd in sao paulo is the worst ever!

Didn't the Brits own you in 1812? But American's try to write it off as a tie, just like some American's claim to have won the Vietnam war?

Well I live in America, and the unfortunate Brits live in the UK. Owned I suppose.

The fact that you can call other countries second rate and not think anything of it speaks volumes.

Please explain to me how calling something 'second-rate' is bigoted? There's first-rate and then there's second-rate. First rate is more powerful and influential than second-rate... obviously. So if you're not the most powerful and influential country in the world then you are second rate. There's nothing wrong with that. Only one country can be in front and who is in front changes all of the time. In the future the USA wont be in front and it will become second-rate. Nothing wrong with that. It doesn't make it worthless.

Saying something is second-rate may be blunt, but it's not bigoted. It's honest.

Being blunt =/= bigoted.

Back