Brandon Halsey vs Rafael Carvalho for Vacant MW title at Bellator144

I don't see how Halsey CANNOT crush Carvalho. Carvalho is decent, good striking and clinch, meh wrestling but if Halsey gets him on the ground, it's over for that round. Only chance Carvalho has is if he stays on the feet and tries to KO him early or somehow try to survive into the later rounds until Halsey tires out. Don't think the latter will happen since Halsey didn't give Grove a chance to win in 4 rounds. The fight could easily end up looking like Halsey vs Shlemenko.

Manhoef vs Kato winner should get the winner of this fight IMO. I know it may be a little early for Kato (assuming he wins) but who else can you put in there for the belt?

Finally. Brandon Halsey via UD.

Halsey has missed weight once correct? Why are we going on about this as if it's a recurring issue with Halsey? Granted hopefully that is never an issue again. Halsey should take this fight handily.
He's fought more than half his fights at 205, is a huge guy and is coming off missing weight for a title fight pretty badly. Plus he's talked about fighting at 205 before. Still though he fits best at 185.

Think it's being over blown though still. He can cut the weight easy, he's all muscle. Tone that shit down and he will be fine.

If he misses again, than its time to say he needs to move up. But he will be fine, win back the belt and continue to dominate a super weak division.

I forgot how the Schilling fight went down for Carvalho. Was it a close fight? A robbery? Or a case of one judge not knowing what they're talking about?

he's getting a lot of flack for the missed weight cut because it literally happened in his last fight. if he makes weight again, im sure a lot of people will forget about it.

He can cut the weight easy, he's all muscle. Tone that shit down and he will be fine.

thats some strange logic.

I forgot how the Schilling fight went down for Carvalho. Was it a close fight? A robbery? Or a case of one judge not knowing what they're talking about?

Schilling won the breif striking exchanges, Carvalho took him down and controlled him

saying someone will have an easier cut because he's all muscle is strange logic.

image.jpg

Got to admit doesn't excite me at all. But if it's co-Main it's all good. Halsey subs him round one. Think if he can make weight he's champ a long while.

Halsey beat Schlemenko.. Who was the mw champion?

he's a zuffa schill and thinks cyborg can/needs to cut to 135. theres all you need to explain her logic.
This word is getting thrown around way too often now. Just cause I think Halsey needs to start his cut at a lower weight I'm crazy? Haha that's just common sense. He's a giant 185er and it's mostly all muscle.

The Cyborg thing is totally different. Never said she needed to, nor that it's a sure thing she can. Her nutrionist and the person that works on her diet did say he's a hundred percent sure she can.

But what would that dude know right? He only knows her body and how nutrion works.

Fuck outta here.

Halsey needs to be fight at 205.

Bellator's MW division is very weak but glad to see Halsey back. I think he gets the sub before the championship rounds.

Got to admit doesn't excite me at all. But if it's co-Main it's all good. Halsey subs him round one. Think if he can make weight he's champ a long while.

True Halsey has all the tools to be great. It's just hard to get hyped about him because you never know if he's going to make weight. Dude is literally the biggest 185er I've ever seen!

He missed weight one time. ONCE!this he can't make weight shit is some of the most ridiculous I've ever seen. He was cutting with a injury. I'll give him a pass. I don't see how everyone's writing off all the other times he made weight so easily.

Wow, they sure punished him for missing weight......

pointless to strip him.

I Kinda prefer Kato over Carvhallo, especially if we're basing this title shot on a win over Joe Schilling.

Kato vs Halsey sounds like a great fight. Halsey seemed like Bellator's version of Weidman, but it's beginning to look like he can't consistently make 185 pounds.

Although letting Barncat leave due to shelving his title shot for so long was foolish. Bellator let their uncrowned champ go.

Back