Bradley vs Abregu Tonight

Bradley isn't a big puncher though, And i think Khans size could be a big problem for him also.

Bradley may not be a huge puncher but he hits people when they dont see it coming... he's rocked some solid chinned guys with that speed and trickery..

that said.. I would take Khan at this point based on his jab.. that jab is a thing of beauty.

Bradley isn't a big puncher though, And i think Khans size could be a big problem for him also.

Khan's been put down (and put down hard) by complete non-punchers before though. Partly that was due to his style, which he's changed under Roach, but it doesn't completely remove the fact that for all his skills (I don't like Khan but he's probably the single most gifted offensive fighter between 135-140lbs... and arguably has as good offence as anyone not named Pac at 147lbs) he's also the most chinny high profile fighter I can think of.

What did he say?

He said that right now in boxing " you have GbP and Top rank only wanting therfighters to fight fighters under the same promotions and that were having a hard time getting fights that we want in boxing"

Not word for word but the jest of it.

Last edited:
He said that right now in boxing " you have GbP and Top rank only wanting there fight to fight fighter under the same promotions and that were having a hard time getting fights that we want in boxing"

Not word for word but the jest of it.

Sounds like ufc. :icon_chee

Khan's been put down (and put down hard) by complete non-punchers before though. Partly that was due to his style, which he's changed under Roach, but it doesn't completely remove the fact that for all his skills (I don't like Khan but he's probably the single most gifted offensive fighter between 135-140lbs... and arguably has as good offence as anyone not named Pac at 147lbs) he's also the most chinny high profile fighter I can think of.

Yeah those are all valid points, but Prescott had a height & a reach advantage AND he had something like a 85% KO ratio at the time. And as you say Khan has made improvements under Roach (more technical, keeps his hands up more). If he fights Bradley the same way he fought Malignaggi than I think he takes it.

Yeah those are all valid points, but Prescott had a height & a reach advantage AND he had something like a 85% KO ratio at the time. And as you say Khan has made improvements under Roach (more technical, keeps his hands up more). If he fights Bradley the same way he fought Malignaggi than I think he takes it.

I wasn't thinking about Prescott.

I was mainly thinking about Willie Limond (8 finishes in about 28 fights at the time... and all against fairly terrible fighters) who had Khan hurt incredibly badly. You could also throw in Drilzane who had no (T)KOs (and still only has 1) and managed to drop Khan and wobble him.

I wasn't thinking about Prescott.

I was mainly thinking about Willie Limond (8 finishes in about 28 fights at the time... and all against fairly terrible fighters) who had Khan hurt incredibly badly. You could also throw in Drilzane who had no (T)KOs (and still only has 1) and managed to drop Khan and wobble him.

Hurt badly you say? I really should check out more of his earlier fights, i remember him getting knocked down once before the Prescott fight but didn't know he had been seriously hurt that often. It's food for thought, he really did impressed me though with his performance last time out, hopefully we get to see him matched up with one of the top dogs at 140 real soon to find out if he's the real deal or not.

Very upset with Abregu.

I like Abregu alot. Now, I didn't think that he had much of a chance to beat Bradley.... BUT, I was hoping that he would at least give himself those chances.

This felt alot like watching the Molina/Lundy fight with Abregu pawing with his jab and being too inactive in that ring.

His corner was pleading with him to be more active but he just wouldn't do it.
Lundy said it about Molina prior to their fight and Ishe Smith said it about Pawel Wolak prior to that fight..... and the same goes for Abregu in this fight: He fights dumb.

Abregu's only chance would have been to catch Bradley with something hard via constant punching. Abregu isn't fast enough or clever enough to counter Bradley and really hurt him. Now, that's not to say that a guy can't get lucky like Molina did with Lundy and drop him with a counter.
But..... it's dumb to expect that & Molina was just lucky with that shot.

Abregu's big chance and he blew it. And Bradley was there to be hit.
No one can say that Bradley just ran away the whole time, clinched and ducked low (the whole time) to avoid getting hit in exchanges (put it another way, he didnt' fight like Ward.... sorry, had to say it).
Bradley was there to be hit and Abregu was too gun shy to do anything with it.
Put it another way.... Abregu fought dumb.

Bradley took the fight out of him with his body punching, he did the same thing to Kendall Holt. The fight played out pretty much like most expected, Bradley is a great fighter but i'm not ready to call him the top dog at 140 pounds just yet.

That or Marg.. Angulo vs. Marg would be a battle of two trains on the same track.. I think Angulo gets him too.

Cotto would be a little tricky, but I think Angulo presents a tough challenge.. Cotto will def. be the boxer in that fight, but Angulo's straight right will find it's way home... very interesting match up imo.

for the 100000000000 time.. Angulo's my favorite fighter.. so I may be a little biased here..lol

Haven't seen the fight yet, but I have picking Angulo over Cotto for a while now

Back