Crime Boy, 13, dies after ‘horrific’ sword attack in north-east London

I live in a city that is supposedly high crime in the UK. Yet stories of the 80s make it seem like it's calm nowadays. High trust in the past? Lol. Crime (excluding computer crimes and fraud) was going up in the 80s, peaked in 1994 and then has fallen since then. I sometimes use the city subreddit and it gets brigaded with those from far away when there's a crime with a non-White perpetrator, with Americans saying things that show they have no clue wtf they're talking about, but are too uneducated to even imagine they might not have a clue.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...ns/crimeinenglandandwales/yearendingmarch2023

Crime and has slightly gone up in the last few years (still way down from the 80s-early 90s). Knife crime has come up recently. I always heard knives weren't common here in the 80s (and I know people who got into fights frequently in the 80s).

You give a bunch of reasons for increasing crime (which like I said hasn't even increased if you zoom out the timeline - but of course it's still good to reduce crime). Yet you left things out things like the police receiving big cuts post-2009, healthcare waiting lists, youth centres being closed, social services funding/capita issues due to councils having their funding from Westminster cut by around 40% from 2009/10 to 2019/20 and the housing shortage and inflation causing people to lose spending power. You leave these major things out because you have no clue wtf you're talking about and just transplant dumbass talking points onto every country without knowing about said country's internal politics or history.

Glasgow had a huge knife crime issue in the 80s-early 2000s and successfully reduced it, without targetting any of the supposed key factors you cited. They focused on policing but also on youth work and employment training.

Iceland dropped its youth drug/alcohol use dramatically in two decades (from around 30-40% to 3-5%) by putting teens into sports or other activity clubs and parental education and parental involvement in the school system. Lithuania did similar. Ironically inspired by a US programme, which was scrapped despite being successful. Again, not the smoothbrain factors you cited, which might have some impact but wouldn't give the most bang vs buck. https://web.archive.org/web/2018031...h/archive/2017/01/teens-drugs-iceland/513668/

People fall for sensationalist news and get distracted from real solutions. Shame.

So you can't even acknowledge what any criminologist would, and that is all these random stranger attacks are on the rise and they are due to broader societal issues? What's wrong with you? Wtf is even all this nonsense you just spewed out at me lmao? I'm glad the youth in Iceland are doing alright bud, enjoy your sword attacks I guess nothing to see here.

You calling into question my intelligence when you have just demonstrated a complete lack of any because you sank your own argument LMAO

Just to add, our death by gun homicide are way way lower than yours (about 100 times lower), and if you add gun homicides to knife homicides your numbers are nearly 10 times ours!
If we were as violent and your theory that knife crime would go way up with no guns made sense we'd have similar homicide rates but we have nothing close.

Well done you must be so proud of yourself.
You ignored sexual assault and robbery. UK is a shithole mate, all the fandangling in your head won’t change that.
Funny how a simple observation on weapon percentages in your country caused you to virtue signal on false pretenses about being less violent and comparing yourself to America.

Im Canadian, dipshit.

You calling into question my intelligence when you have just demonstrated a complete lack of any because you sank your own argument LMAO

Just to add, our death by gun homicide are way way lower than yours (about 100 times lower), and if you add gun homicides to knife homicides your numbers are nearly 10 times ours!
If we were as violent and your theory that knife crime would go way up with no guns made sense we'd have similar homicide rates but we have nothing close.

Well done you must be so proud of yourself.
Ah. A goalpost shift from violent crime straight to only homicide (against America lol). Concession accepted.

Murderer was Spanish-Brazilian.

Marcus Arduini Monzo.

Nothing yet on motive.

- Gonna post here to avoid starting another thread

17-year-old boy charged with attempted murder after assaulting 3 at school in northern England​

LONDON (AP) — A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after three people were assaulted with a sharp object at a secondary school in northern England, South Yorkshire Police said Wednesday.

Two adults and a child were treated for minor injuries but didn’t need to be transported to a hospital, according to The Birley Academy.

The school, formerly known as Birley Community College, in the city of Sheffield, was closed for the rest of Wednesday.

The suspect was in custody.

https://apnews.com/article/boy-arre...gland-school-79206eaebef0d6b379f8053ecc062584

- Gonna post here to avoid starting another thread

17-year-old boy charged with attempted murder after assaulting 3 at school in northern England​

LONDON (AP) — A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after three people were assaulted with a sharp object at a secondary school in northern England, South Yorkshire Police said Wednesday.

Two adults and a child were treated for minor injuries but didn’t need to be transported to a hospital, according to The Birley Academy.

The school, formerly known as Birley Community College, in the city of Sheffield, was closed for the rest of Wednesday.

The suspect was in custody.

https://apnews.com/article/boy-arre...gland-school-79206eaebef0d6b379f8053ecc062584
I don't think there was a thread on this but a 13 year old girl stabbed three people at a school in Wales a few days ago, and has been charged with three counts of attempted murder.

999.jpg

A trap is a trap, and a shoot out is deadly.

3 armed officers died in the US just yesterday (at least I read about it yesterday). Having an arms race protects no one, it verifiably makes everything more dangerous.

Criminals make everything more dangerous. America doesn't have a gun problem, it has an urban crime problem.

There's such a shortage of AFO's, the Met is looking at putting Probationers through the AFO course as soon as they finish basic training. Although they won't actually be allowed to carry out armed duties until after completing their two year Probation.

Makes you weep. :(
Most forces are doing the same. It's not a problem if your probationer is an ex-para. It is if he's some geek who's never even had a pub fight before.

I'm currently being paid by a couple of constabularies to train trainee detectives in how to investigate serious and complex case (IE murders) it's like being asked to train someone for an ultra marathon who has never run.

I'm currently being paid by a couple of constabularies to train trainee detectives in how to investigate serious and complex case (IE murders) it's like being asked to train someone for an ultra marathon who has never run.

Damn, that's grim. You're doing straight up essential work here, can only hope for the best for the sake of your country.

Most forces are doing the same. It's not a problem if your probationer is an ex-para. It is if he's some geek who's never even had a pub fight before.

Doesn't help that most of the training schools have been closed down and the land sold off. In the old days, trainee coppers did several months of residential training. This included fitness, drill on the parade square, self-defence training etc as well as the technical aspects of the law. It gave the instructors a chance to weed out those who simply wouldn't make the grade on the streets. And the ones who did make it through were physically fit and mentally tough enough not to crumble during their first ruck.

There was an interview a few years back with a senior copper in charge of teaching self-defence and arrest techniques. He said that some recruits were quitting after their first session because they didn't realise the kind of violence they might have to deal with.

Seriously? What the fuck did you think a copper does? :rolleyes:

It was well understood and discussed that a nation making firearms almost obsolete is undoubtedly going to see a large spike in blade related incidents.

At the end of the day, it isn't the tool causing the action. If there aren't guns readily available, the next general choice is a knife or sharp weapon.
And a knife is a much better thing for a criminal to be using than a gun. Requires more physicality from the criminal, damage is less and it's easier to apprehend them without killing them.

Where are the officers armed with swords????

And a knife is a much better thing for a criminal to be using than a gun. Requires more physicality from the criminal, damage is less and it's easier to apprehend them without killing them.

Where are the officers armed with swords????
Im not arguing against the gun laws, just noting that a logical rise in blade related incidents will follow in a nation that ultimately eliminates gun ownership.

Then some Brit got choked and started comparing violence in Britain to America…something about people in UK not being as violent as Americans…blah blah blah

Doesn't help that most of the training schools have been closed down and the land sold off. In the old days, trainee coppers did several months of residential training. This included fitness, drill on the parade square, self-defence training etc as well as the technical aspects of the law. It gave the instructors a chance to weed out those who simply wouldn't make the grade on the streets. And the ones who did make it through were physically fit and mentally tough enough not to crumble during their first ruck.

There was an interview a few years back with a senior copper in charge of teaching self-defence and arrest techniques. He said that some recruits were quitting after their first session because they didn't realise the kind of violence they might have to deal with.

I'm not sure I buy into that. Localised training meant officers had more contact with their home force colleagues during training and weren't influenced by the likes of metpol recruits who outnumbered all other forces.

I joined in the late 90s and broadly speaking the officers represented the communities pretty well. 20 years later the notion of community in most towns and cities has been smashed. There was one road in Peterborough that had something like 15 different nationalities living on it. Complete non integration - try to police that.

Seriously? What the fuck did you think a copper has to do on a daily or nightly basis?
I'm not sure I buy into that. Localised training meant officers had more contact with their home force colleagues during training and weren't influenced by the likes of metpol recruits who outnumbered all other forces.

I joined in the late 90s and broadly speaking the officers represented the communities pretty well. 20 years later the notion of community in most towns and cities has been smashed. There was one road in Peterborough that had something like 15 different nationalities living on it. Complete non integration - try to police that.

But...but...Diversity is our Strength!

Ah. A goalpost shift from violent crime straight to only homicide (against America lol). Concession accepted.
You changed the goal posts! I was only ever talking about homicides committed with knives. The USA has more homicides with knives and far far more with guns.

You are a fool and sank your own argument with the stats you posted lol

And you started off the comparisons with America.

Last edited:
A trap is a trap, and a shoot out is deadly.

3 armed officers died in the US just yesterday (at least I read about it yesterday). Having an arms race protects no one, it verifiably makes everything more dangerous.
Well, Brexit didn't had prevented immigration like Brexit supporters had promised. Also didn't had reduced unemployment % while had been promised.
Inflation had. ..increased and mortgage prices had increased....unlike promised ...

Now about knife control. U.K does have strict laws about knife carrying!
Had been promised that this will reduce knife crimes....
Wrong, stabbing on the street increased....cos offenders doesn't care about laws....

Well, Brexit didn't had prevented immigration like Brexit supporters had promised. Also didn't had reduced unemployment % while had been promised.
Inflation had. ..increased and mortgage prices had increased....unlike promised ...

Now about knife control. U.K does have strict laws about knife carrying!
Had been promised that this will reduce knife crimes....
Wrong, stabbing on the street increased....cos offenders doesn't care about laws....

Brexit was never going to do any of that. It was just a populist movement promising to deliver the earth based on a fantasy.

Anyone that promises they can wave a magic wand and fix everything is invariably a charlatan. I note Trump does that too. 'Only I can stop this'.

- How much time is the training to become a cop in England? Here is two years.

Back