Boxing skills in MMA

E Undead

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is it just me or are legit boxing skills a rarity in MMA? I'm kinda shocked how bad RDA and Felder are both offensively and also in their defense. Sometimes I think there aren't 20 fighters in the whole game who have a real sharp boxing game, these dudes don't even use range properly and one of them is a former champ FFS. No wonder one trick ponys like Conor are successful, it's a shame to see these guys to "trade punches". Lol at everyone who claims that MMA evolved, I've seen better boxers in MMA 15 years ago

Its not really boxing skills but overall standup. Not saying boxing is easy, it isn't but striking is very different when you are worried about elbows, knees, kicks and take downs. Just a different style of fighting. This is why MMA fighters don't fair well in true boxing fights and boxers don't fair well in MMA fights.

You can't expect them to have legit world class boxing skills as they aren't boxers. It's a different sport with different range. Felder has amazing kickboxing, and RDA is pretty good as well. Not to mention RDA's takedowns.

guys they fight like drunken bums, it's not about WORLD CLASS skills, they don't seem to have any skills. I remember RDA being a much better boxer, especially when he won the belt vs Pettis
Maybe im just too drunk lol

The Ronda that beat Bethe would beat Floyd. Her boxing in that fight was on another level
she would also beat Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier in the same night. Also George Foreman and Mike Tyson. In under 4 seconds

BelatedDisloyalEagle-size_restricted.gif

SophisticatedFrenchGannet-size_restricted.gif

InexperiencedWeeIrishterrier-max-1mb.gif

e5f6ab974f714f132453ed39c7daea86.gif

conor-mcgregor-vs-marcus-brimage-ko.gif

rEqWlN.gif

Last edited:
Watch some Spencer Fisher, John Alessio, Derek Noble, and Yves Edwards...
Earlier generation of fighters with slick fists. Didn't always translate into MMA victories, though.

They focus on more than one discipline, so they can't exactly acquire the skill set of someone who solely focuses on one. It ain't hard to get.

Never seen this thread before.

Is it just me or are legit boxing skills a rarity in MMA? I'm kinda shocked how bad RDA and Felder are both offensively and also in their defense. Sometimes I think there aren't 20 fighters in the whole game who have a real sharp boxing game, these dudes don't even use range properly and one of them is a former champ FFS. No wonder one trick ponys like Conor are successful, it's a shame to see these guys to "trade punches". Lol at everyone who claims that MMA evolved, I've seen better boxers in MMA 15 years ago
If you think they suck at boxing, you should see how bad they are at darts.

Thank heavens they took up the sport that this forum is about instead.

Its not really boxing skills but overall standup. Not saying boxing is easy, it isn't but striking is very different when you are worried about elbows, knees, kicks and take downs. Just a different style of fighting. This is why MMA fighters don't fair well in true boxing fights and boxers don't fair well in MMA fights.
excuses,

mma fighers are usually washed up wrestlers thats why they cant strike.

Back