Boxing skills in MMA

@E Undead boxing in MMA is just completely different. Different range, different stance, different weapons involved.
Pretty much this and also ts is drunk. Boxing in mma is getting better. Barcelos vs Taha is a perfect example that we saw last week. 2 guys not even ranked at bantamweight showing very good boxing for mma standards. Great positioning, pivoting, small steps and good counters.

Pretty much this and also ts is drunk. Boxing in mma is getting better. Barcelos vs Taha is a perfect example that we saw last week. 2 guys not even ranked at bantamweight showing very good boxing for mma standards. Great positioning, pivoting, small steps and good counters.
Exactly!
135 has many guys with great hands in general; Yan, Aldo, Sandhagen, Moraes, Garbrandt (when he's not letting his emotions getting to him), Cruz (although he's kinda retired), Edgar (damn good fundamentals imo) and as you mentioned, Barcelos and Taha.

That’s why Stipe and Petr Yan are able to stand out, good boxing can take you farther than you think

BelatedDisloyalEagle-size_restricted.gif

SophisticatedFrenchGannet-size_restricted.gif

InexperiencedWeeIrishterrier-max-1mb.gif

e5f6ab974f714f132453ed39c7daea86.gif

Ztdsinf.gif
Conor’s boxing was pretty bad against Floyd, he really only landed one shot and it wasn’t clean. I think he needs to adopt a more traditional stance if he fights Manny.

Is it just me or are legit boxing skills a rarity in MMA? I'm kinda shocked how bad RDA and Felder are both offensively and also in their defense. Sometimes I think there aren't 20 fighters in the whole game who have a real sharp boxing game, these dudes don't even use range properly and one of them is a former champ FFS. No wonder one trick ponys like Conor are successful, it's a shame to see these guys to "trade punches". Lol at everyone who claims that MMA evolved, I've seen better boxers in MMA 15 years ago

Felder has catastrophic boxing and it showed. No sense of range, no head movement, he looked like an utter amateur.

Conor’s boxing was pretty bad against Floyd, he really only landed one shot and it wasn’t clean. I think he needs to adopt a more traditional stance if he fights Manny.
One shot? He was tagging Floyd up until the end.

If you think they suck at boxing, you should see how bad they are at darts.

Thank heavens they took up the sport that this forum is about instead.

An incredibly stupid response framed as a witty rebuttal.

Touchy subject TS, but yeah I agree with you. Its also crazy to see how much a fighter career improves after they start training boxing seriously. Working behind a jab and a little footwork revitalizes careers.

Its not really boxing skills but overall standup. Not saying boxing is easy, it isn't but striking is very different when you are worried about elbows, knees, kicks and take downs. Just a different style of fighting. This is why MMA fighters don't fair well in true boxing fights and boxers don't fair well in MMA fights.
Bingo!

Its not really boxing skills but overall standup. Not saying boxing is easy, it isn't but striking is very different when you are worried about elbows, knees, kicks and take downs. Just a different style of fighting. This is why MMA fighters don't fair well in true boxing fights and boxers don't fair well in MMA fights.
I think that’s why Michel Pereira humiliated Zelim Imadaev. Those openings in boxing just aren’t there when your opponent can be that creative.

No mention of Strickland? Easily the best boxer on display on last night's UFC card

Back