• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Boxing > MMA. Holm owns Rousey

Certainly, a boxer could find success in MMA (and there are many examples), but a MMA fighter can't find success in boxing or have yet to do so.

These are just facts.

She is a boxer. Somehow retards are referring to Ronda as mma and not judo. Think about how stupid the thread title is. It says boxing > mma. It should be boxing > judo. Explain to me exactly if both girls have been fighting mma professionally for roughly the same amount of time, how is it Ronda is considered mma and Holly is boxing?

Doesn't Ronda has an olympic medal in judo? The only thing we saw last Saturday was a mma fighter with a boxing background tooling another mma fighter with a judo background.
The reason people are surprised is because Holly didn't show this brilliance prior to the fight.

This.

Certainly, a boxer could find success in MMA (and there are many examples), but a MMA fighter can't find success in boxing or have yet to do so.

These are just facts.

Seriously do you not understand what Mixed Martial Arts is? It's literally a combat sport of multiple styles. You are treating it like its a singular martial art. Saying a MMA fighter can't find success in boxing is as stupid as saying a boxer can't find success in olympic wrestling. Thats what MMA is for. Its a central proving ground for all styles. This literally means you can have success in MMA with almost any base. We have seen world champions in MMA with a wrestling base, boxing base, BJJ base, karate base, sambo base, judo base...etc. It's borderline retarded to expect any other base should be able to dominated in another ones base. Unless they are closely related it's probably never happening.

KO moment on Rousey's side.

564f447921000027005ab4c2.gif

You can see the bearded guy go through all 5 stages of grief before Ronda hits the mat.

Yeah, I don't doubt she could, but how would she fit Floyd in? Would she bring him into her camp? Or would she take time away from hers and fly to LV?

Knowing Floyd, she would make time to see him at his camp. Floyd knows his value, and if people want to they will come to him, he is the center point, the marker. Plus she couldn't afford him to train her full time, also I don't think he truly invests all of his time on any fighter including his own. He will nurture them to an extent. Other then that he is going about tasting the world, his life now is about savoring the earths energy and absorbing all of it until his death.

I can agree with that. Like I fucked the girl that fuckEd ronda lol

Settle down Mr King, you have to understand Holly presented us with a meal to consume, look at all this beautiful emotion you are witnessing in this thread alone. Everyone is absorbing each other mindlessly even, entering inside of one another effortlessly, each stroke expanding ones consciousness to the collective. Such beautiful coming together for a common cause will do this, it's wonderful. All this because of the actions of Holly. This should make her attractive to many males.

Yea, all of a sudden Holm wasn't a boxer anymore but a well rounded mma fighter, like her 38 professional boxing matches meant nothing. Mma fans are falling apart with the notion that a boxer just won the most prestigious title in MMA.

See this is why the Boxing forum is just a smaller version of the Heavies. Everyone and their mom who knows anything about fighting knows that Ronda was completely reckless chasing after people with her chin in the air. Everyone knew that eventually someone was going to have the footwork to handle it. You know Holly was a pro kick boxer right? You know that she has several head kick KOs right? You know that a huge part of this fight was in the clinch which she won vs an Olympic level Judoka right right? I feel like I am talking to a bunch of fucking idiots. Oh and BTW I do box, wrestle, and roll so don't attempt to lecture me from your couch with cheetos in your hand.

A boxer found success in a thin division??? Color me suprised. A pro wrestler had found success in a thin division for god sakes. Call me when a boxer becomes champion in the UFC welterweight or lightweight division and then I'll be impressed.

A boxer found success in a thin division??? Color me suprised. A pro wrestler had found success in a thin division for god sakes. Call me when a boxer becomes champion in the UFC welterweight or lightweight division and then I'll be impressed.

LOL @ this idiot moving the goal post.

A pro world champion boxer beat the most dominant athlete

images

A pro world champion boxer beat the most dominant athlete

images

Lmao unlike what you think, hardcore mma fans knew rousey had garbage stand up and the question was always wether rousey could take holm down. I'm glad that holm won because her stand up looks beautiful but I'm not about to say that boxing dominates mma because that's simply not true.

Lol no your the idiot. I don't even like rousey but you boxing nuthuggers sound pathetic lol

Boxers have been proved to be able to beat ufc champions (current and former). I have yet to see an mma fighter cross over into boxing and be successful, let alone KO a boxing champion. Those are the facts and they're indisputable.

Back