Boxing is Australia

Maybe. I've never actually met a person who does boxercise, but then I'm not from Australia.
But more importantly, the fact that there are people showing interest in some form of boxing is good news. Human beings are competitive by nature. Many of them will become interested and tempted to take their boxercise further. In the very least many of them will become boxing fans.

australian_boxer_shorts__80383_zoom__63301_zoom.jpg

It's a mix of both boxercise and real boxing.
The girls love boxercise while the guys tend to do both.

I have noticed the old school blokes are still into boxing or it least into discussing old school boxers. The younger generations seem to be more into MMA and the older blokes are turning over as well. Well out of the combat sports fans.

I have noticed the old school blokes are still into boxing or it least into discussing old school boxers. The younger generations seem to be more into MMA and the older blokes are turning over as well. Well out of the combat sports fans.

The MMA side are very good at promoting and boasting about how big they are but otherwise claims that MMA have been taking over have only been shown to be very much exaggerated by the promoters and probably to a greater extent, the fan base itself who seem to spot MMA in everything around them.

People here like to throw around this same claim that MMA is taking over Ireland and the UK but my experience here doesn't reflect that, nor do the TV ratings. We just had this argument a while back with some guy trying to say MMA was taking over the Philippines, and then claimed it would soon take over China. This came on the heels of Donaire's big TV ratings followed by the UFC's China event being a bit of a disappointment, while the very next week boxing held a fight there in a stadium.

The MMA side are very good at promoting and boasting about how big they are but otherwise claims that MMA have been taking over have only been shown to be very much exaggerated by the promoters and probably to a greater extent, the fan base itself who seem to spot MMA in everything around them.

People here like to throw around this same claim that MMA is taking over Ireland and the UK but my experience here doesn't reflect that, nor do the TV ratings. We just had this argument a while back with some guy trying to say MMA was taking over the Philippines, and then claimed it would soon take over China. This came on the heels of Donaire's big TV ratings followed by the UFC's China event being a bit of a disappointment, while the very next week boxing held a fight there in a stadium.

Please watch this video. The two are arguing who is the better Jew. The Rabbi answers their question with a parable at 1:45. You might find it insightful to this debate.

I grew up boxing in australia from the age of 8-18 (25 now) and if anything its dying.

I bet those figures are for fitness classes/ boxercise. Not actual boxing.

It'd be nice if boxing was growing. It's more popular in some places than others, i know it's big in NSW whereas here in SA - not so much. Muay Thai has always been popular here amongst young people and now MMA is growing too. I think people are starting to have a bit more of an appreciation for boxing as an art again. It'd be nice if the media would stop carrying on about all these rugby players turned boxers, and show some love to guys who actually can box. But if it gets people interested then i suppose it's not all bad is it.

I doubt it. Unless boxing is a heading for Muay Thai and MMA or boxercise inclusive, it's inaccurate.

Maybe the increase in MMA popularity has helped with an increase in boxing.

Boxing has always been big in Australia.

It is MMA that has exploded over here recently.

Also fitness oriented stuff.

Crossfit / Tough Mudder / Do you even lift bro? / etc

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anddrew
Back