Boxing focus

forgot to log. Went to class on Tuesday, Did some sparring and bag work.
Didn't do a lot, was sick.

Yesterday did
4x heavy bag
4x double end
4x speed bag

2m on 1m off, and then abs.

Bout to head to the gym to do some bag work today as well.

was at the gym for an hour/hour and a half or so today.

Younger guy who mainly does muay thai wanted some hlep. So i alternated between my work and helping him.

mainly bag work and some jump rope/dumb bell stuff at the end for me. Shoulder's starting to bother me again a bit.

rounds were 2m/1m

4x heavy bag
4x shadowboxing under a string (tied across the cage, working on head movement)
2x shadowboxing jabbing over/under while moving sideways
4x Speedbag.

Went in last thursday as well, forgot to log.

Felt like shit today, cardio felt like shit, body was sluggish. I went, but man it was rough.
rounds: 2m/1m
3x heavy bag
3x double end
3x speed bag
1x jump rope
2x abs (1m crunches/1m leg raises)

Dumbell work

Cardio still felt bad, but better than yesterday. Shoulder hurt quite a bit So didn't do any heavy bag work.
rounds: 2m/1m

3x double end
3x shadowboxing
1x speed bag
1x shadowboxing
1x speed bag
1x shadowboxing
1x speed bag
1x shadowboxing
3x abs (100 crunches, remainder of time in round doing leg raises)

I'm also going to be doing Keto for a while and see how I do.

See if that helps me drop some of this weight, since carbs are definitely my weekness when it comes to over eating lol.

Last edited:
Sparring today, had a pro come in so my coach had me do one round with him.

He was definitely better, and i'm under no delusion that i could hold my own if he was serious. But i think i did pretty good lol. he definitely had a quick jab though. He's got his 4th pro fight coming up next month. And he's closer to my weight than any of the other guys at the gym too.

Gonna start logging the weight too. Started Keto Sunday at 215. Today am 214. Eating roughly 1500-1600 calories per day.

2m/1m rounds

5x double end
5x speed bag
1x 3m double end bag for video at the end

abs/dumbell

Caught a stomach bug or something, not fun. taking a couple days off of training to recover.

I'm 213.5 as of this morning. So 1.5lbs since Sunday.

Heading to the gym now, 213 today. so 2lbs/5 days.

2m/1m rounds
4x heavy bag
3x speed bag (last round was 4-5 mins)
rest
some light shadowboxing/headmovement/footwork drills

Definitely not over whatever I had... stomach was nooooot feeling it after the heavy bag rounds.

Energy was down, no idea if it's because of getting used to Keto, or the stomach bug. or if both are related. but hopefully i'll be better by class on tuesday.

on the plus side, shoulder felt great.

Last edited:
my coach isn't able ot make it this week, so I helped cover his class yesterday. But a friend of his who's been boxing like 30 years came in to help too.
So i worked with the new guys and he took the other guys for sparring.

Did a little bit of work on my own, and pad work with him after.

Weight's stabilized about 5lbs down in a week and a half.

'bout to head back into the gym, started a new job this last week so haven't been able to train really till today.

didn't weight htis morning, but yesterday was 208. So 7lbs down in 2 weeks. Not bad progress. If i can get close to 200 by March i'll be happy. and then closer to 185-190 by april.

2m/1m rounds

4x double end
4x speed
4x shadowboxing

Vast majority was working on head movement/footwork. with a small emphasis on hand speed today.

abs/dumbells

Last edited:
Sparring tonight! Cardio feels like it's getting worse, dunno if it's the diet or the new job and just being fatigued. Hopefully it passes.

weight's still at 207/208 for now.

New job's kept me from getting into the gym again until today.

2/1 rounds

double end
speed
double end
speed
4x heavy bag
speed
speed

Shoulder was bothering me pretty bad so stopped after that.

abs/neck

New job's been keeping me busy working 6 days a week for the last bit. Got today off so 'bout to head into the gym.

Kinda fell off the no-carbs thing for a while because of eating out during lunch breaks. Still ate healthy carbs, (rice, vegetables.) So no pasta/junk food or anything like that. But weight's held at 207-208 after gaining a bit (of what i'm assuming is water weight) after starting carbs again. Gonna try and meal prep better to get back on that.

Trained a bit yesterday after work, just like 6-8 rounds of light work.

Haven't really been training for obvious reasons. been doing bodyweight stuff at home. Might start trying to run in the mornings.

Fell off the diet for about a week/week and a half and then got back on it. Only gained about 1lbs during that time, and am down again to 205lbs now.

Well, obviously gym's still been closed. Was really close to buying a bag and trying to figure out how to set it up. Buuut pretty sure i've got a fracture on my foot now, 3 days and stil can't put weight without pain and bruising on the side now. Got an xray schedule on monday so we'll see.

How do you like the tire heavy bag? I've never used one but was thinking of making one since I have plenty of spare tires.
Do your gloves get chewed up?

Back