• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Boxing Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I nearly completely agree with you. But ward still cannot win on that shot. See Jon jones vs matt hammill or Cote vs Sakara.

seventh round, what appears to be an even round up to that point if kov not winning, shows an intentional ward headbut then followed by a clear low blow that weeks ignored(29:01).

eigth round shows what appears to be a left low blow followed by a right on the belt.

still tough to say 100 percent if the low blows were part of wards gamplan but the fouls probably had an effect on sergey and its the fault of both jdj and kov himself for not retaliating to stop it.

some people have said before that ward was dirty so its not like canelo or ggg incorporating this into their fight plan when they have no prior precedent

Kov was out on his feet from the right hand to the jaw regardless, Ward up on the cards, I think Ward would've won no matter what.

Still think a couple of those shots were borderline but I was on Ward so.

Kov was out on his feet from the right hand to the jaw regardless, Ward up on the cards, I think Ward would've won no matter what.

Still think a couple of those shots were borderline but I was on Ward so.
They were saying on Sky Kovalev was up on two of the cards.

And there's an argument the low blows prior to the headshot affected him. Jonny Nelson said he should have taken the law into his own hands and give him a nice low one straight back since the ref wasn't interested. No idea why he didn't do this.

Edit: I stand corrected, Ward was up on two. Although the other one had Kov up by 3 :eek:

Last edited:
I don't bet on boxing.

That fight was the perfect example of why I don't bet on boxing. What a shit show.

I don't bet on boxing.

That fight was the perfect example of why I don't bet on boxing. What a shit show.

really? i thought it was an awesome fight.. so intense the hole way through

its not like we dont see the same stuff of controversy in mma with eye pokes,fence grabs,nut shots, early/late stoppages ect

really? i thought it was an awesome fight.. so intense the hole way through

its not like we dont see the same stuff of controversy in mma with eye pokes,fence grabs,nut shots, early/late stoppages ect
Based on my viewing experience, I believe shady shit happens at a higher rate in boxing. It should be the opposite, since MMA is a younger and less mature sport, which suggests that boxing is corrupt.

Very sad result here- former UFC heavyweight Tim Hague from Canada who has been fighting in various MMA promotions on the regional and international scenes since he got cut from the UFC several years ago with mixed results gets dropped multiple times and badly hurt when the back of his head finally bounces off the canvas in a local a boxing match and is now brain dead. A three knockdown rule, which most jurisdictions don't seem to use anymore, could have saved his life.

Very sad result here- former UFC heavyweight Tim Hague from Canada who has been fighting in various MMA promotions on the regional and international scenes since he got cut from the UFC several years ago with mixed results gets dropped multiple times and badly hurt when the back of his head finally bounces off the canvas in a local a boxing match and is now brain dead. A three knockdown rule, which most jurisdictions don't seem to use anymore, could have saved his life.

EDIT: His brother has confirmed he has passed away. Horrific news.

He's taken some massive shots and nasty knockouts the past few years, the accumulation is so dangerous I just wish there was more responsibility when considering booking a fighter, it's easy to forget just how cruel and horrific the outcome can be.

Just watched the match. Ward is a beast I wish I bet more.

One prop I've found is McGregor to land under 50 punches at -150. Anyone think that holds value?

Berto landed 83 punches, Pac 98. Conor landed 64 v Diaz in the first then 98 in the second.

One prop I've found is McGregor to land under 50 punches at -150. Anyone think that holds value?

Berto landed 83 punches, Pac 98. Conor landed 64 v Diaz in the first then 98 in the second.

It's gonna be like the superbowl for us. We're gonna bet on al sort of crazy props.

I think this one cashes though. Diaz is not exactly known for his defense.

Shit, I'd take that line all day.

yep good value. to be honest there is value in every line fading conor. i went 18u money by ko. and gonna load up on the money line soon. don't see how these prices can get better.

Hope some Euro bookies get some more markets up for Ramirez vs Bone on Tuesday (Wednesday) for us in Europe.

If Ramirez T(KO) is anything around 1.5 or more there is great value. I'd also be on Ramirez 4-6 for sure.

Can also get Haumono to beat Adamek this weekend @5.00, whilst he's no world beater; Adamek has far more miles on the clock, has retired more than once, is coming off that huge KO loss to Molina in 2016 and will at a size disadvantage here. Worth a small amount, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back