Boxing at 20

did anyone mention nate "galaxy" campbell. he started at, what, 26 years old, and went on to win the lightweight world championship at age 36 just a few months ago.

Didn't Cintron start at 19? And I think Kabuki said he started training seriously at around 26.

I dont want to go on a list of boxers taht started in their 20's because there is alot of them.

Rocky Marciano was 20, Hopkins was 19, cintron as well, Wladimir said he didn't take boxing serious up until about 19 years old, shavers was 22, James Toney started boxing after high school, I think Holyfield was a little late as well. James Smith, Ken Norton were both in their 20's, Foreman at 17 or 18, there is alot more as well.

holyfield was a young boy when he began training in boxing and so was hopkins. both were young amateurs. amazing that james toney someone so skillfull started boxing after highschool and became a young champion. original bad boy sonny liston started boxing once he was in jail as a young man in his 20's i beleive and easily became jailhouse champion

holyfield was a young boy when he began training in boxing and so was hopkins. both were young amateurs. amazing that james toney someone so skillfull started boxing after highschool and became a young champion. original bad boy sonny liston started boxing once he was in jail as a young man in his 20's i beleive and easily became jailhouse champion

It depends on the individual, I mean what if any of those said they were to late to box??
Yeah but hopkins said he boxed on and off as a kid, which prolly means he didn't box at all.

Back