Boxers official heights

i kinda gave up measuring heights of fighters, it's too baffling. sugar ray leonard says in his bio that he was nowhere near his listed 5-10 1/2 but he didn't say his height, he looks taller than the 5-9 1/4 hagler and the 5-7 duran. Tyson looks about six foot in a multitude of photos but there are people who'll swear he isn't much more than 5-9. Unless I see these guys myself i won't say go with what anyone says. My brother said he saw sylvester stallone in seattle for a movie, he got out of his limo and the public laughed because he was so short, my brother estimates he was 5-7 but Sly looks about 5-10 in many of his other photos, there are photos of him with schwarzenegger and franko columbo and he looks to be about 5 inches taller than columbo and 4 inches shorter than schwarzenegger. Ali was listed at 6-3 but he looked a full inch shorter than george foreman who at that time was listed at 6-3 but came back later at 6-4. the human body does seem to fluctuate +- an inch, my own height was 5-10 for years but i couldn't get much more than 5-9 out of my latest measurements. I heard that the human spine compresses and decompresses depending on the time of day. Then, gravity and age, we all stoop and shrink as we age, my stepdad was definitely 6 foot when I moved out and now he doesn't look any taller than me 30 years later.

and whoever said joe frazier was 5-9, i really doubt that one, he looked about the 5-11 1/2 he was listed as, a full 3 inches shorter than ali, if he was 5-9, he really probably would have never been able to compete with ali.

i kinda gave up measuring heights of fighters, it's too baffling. sugar ray leonard says in his bio that he was nowhere near his listed 5-10 1/2 but he didn't say his height, he looks taller than the 5-9 1/4 hagler and the 5-7 duran. Tyson looks about six foot in a multitude of photos but there are people who'll swear he isn't much more than 5-9. Unless I see these guys myself i won't say go with what anyone says. My brother said he saw sylvester stallone in seattle for a movie, he got out of his limo and the public laughed because he was so short, my brother estimates he was 5-7 but Sly looks about 5-10 in many of his other photos, there are photos of him with schwarzenegger and franko columbo and he looks to be about 5 inches taller than columbo and 4 inches shorter than schwarzenegger. Ali was listed at 6-3 but he looked a full inch shorter than george foreman who at that time was listed at 6-3 but came back later at 6-4. the human body does seem to fluctuate +- an inch, my own height was 5-10 for years but i couldn't get much more than 5-9 out of my latest measurements. I heard that the human spine compresses and decompresses depending on the time of day. Then, gravity and age, we all stoop and shrink as we age, my stepdad was definitely 6 foot when I moved out and now he doesn't look any taller than me 30 years later.

It's no secret that Stallone was wearing lifting shoes throughout his career.

and whoever said joe frazier was 5-9, i really doubt that one, he looked about the 5-11 1/2 he was listed as, a full 3 inches shorter than ali, if he was 5-9, he really probably would have never been able to compete with ali.

Well he wasn't fencing with Ali at range... He tried to make it a close fight with his footspeed, which he succeeded at.

Ali enjoyed a size advantage over most opponents, but a lot romanticizers refuse to accept this truth.
Sonny Liston's "Punching Monster" legend is based on wrecking Floyd Patterson, who was the size of Sergej Kovalev.

Well he wasn't fencing with Ali at range... He tried to make it a close fight with his footspeed, which he succeeded at.

Ali enjoyed a size advantage over most opponents, but a lot romanticizers refuse to accept this truth.
Sonny Liston's "Punching Monster" legend is based on wrecking Floyd Patterson, who was the size of Sergej Kovalev.
sonny wiped out a crop of heavyweights and was at his best before he fought patterson. and, as for ali's size advantage, it's true, he was bigger than most but the ironic thing is, he never had trouble with the big guys, never, even the big fast guys like bugner and terrell, it was the smaller quicker guys who gave him trouble, norton was almost as tall but he crouched down and he was quick, ali actually thought norton's jab was faster than his, eddie futch said "it wasn't" but that ali wasn't used to being jabbed back at while he jabbed. spinks, cooper, doug jones, frazier, sonny banks, all smaller fighters that caused problems or knocked him down with a left hook. The big, ponderous monsters, liston and foreman were easy by comparison.

It's no secret that Stallone was wearing lifting shoes throughout his career.
he just doesn't look dramatically shorter than we've been told, to me, at least in pics. You know what else it could be? when we see these icons, we are used to seeing them on a huge screen, "larger than life" so that could have something to do with it. I remember seeing eddie murphy in 89, he looked about the 5-10 i always heard but some guy said "that N short ain't he?" (was a black dude)

here's a funny clip from some youtube beefs where a nut called vegan gains confronts a guy, i think it's funny as hell, :15. I often think of this when i see some guys flaming each other, you never can tell if you're screwing with a mental case like ol' vegan gainz.

sonny wiped out a crop of heavyweights and was at his best before he fought patterson. and, as for ali's size advantage, it's true, he was bigger than most but the ironic thing is, he never had trouble with the big guys, never, even the big fast guys like bugner and terrell, it was the smaller quicker guys who gave him trouble, norton was almost as tall but he crouched down and he was quick, ali actually thought norton's jab was faster than his, eddie futch said "it wasn't" but that ali wasn't used to being jabbed back at while he jabbed. spinks, cooper, doug jones, frazier, sonny banks, all smaller fighters that caused problems or knocked him down with a left hook. The big, ponderous monsters, liston and foreman were easy by comparison.

And yet he couldn't land one single knockdown against the bigger guys (Bugner, Terrell, Norton, Lyle, Shavers, Holmes), whereas he beat all his smaller opponents prematurely. It's nonsense when people suggest that he'd have an easy time with modern even bigger heavyweights. Especially the dominant ones like Lennox Lewis and Klitschko.

Angelo Dundee was asked how Ali would do against them, and he came up with Duke Sabedong, as an example that Ali was already there lol...

he still beat them easily, and you can throw holmes and berbick in there if you want, even though everyone knows not to count those. Ali would have an easier time with the even bigger heavyweights that came later because they didn't have the same skills and/or speed/power.

he still beat them easily, and you can throw holmes and berbick in there if you want, even though everyone knows not to count those. Ali would have an easier time with the even bigger heavyweights that came later because they didn't have the same skills and/or speed/power.

Well we both know that no version of Ali would knock down or even finish Holmes.
I think Tony Tucker, Frank Bruno, Oliver McCall, Ray Mercer, Ike Ibeabushi etc were all pretty good heavyweights and Ali would have had an harder time with them than he did with Zora Folley, Oscar Bonavena, Mac Foster etc.

how tall is andy ruiz? he definitely looks more than four inches shorter than aj.

fury is AT LEAST 6.7 or 6.8

zzPricey.jpg

Back