Bowe vs Holyfield II is almost as good as I

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Seriously just an incredible fight. Holyfield boxed beautifully for large portions of it and brawled when he needed to. They fight for at least 10-15 seconds after round 4 ends. Hurt Riddick badly in round 5 or 6. Fan man comes in soon after.

Riddick has his moments as well scraping Holyfield with looping shots.

Good highlight video

Just watched the 3rd fight yesterday.

Classic shit. Evander earned his title back.

Holyfield’s best performance. My favorite win and favorite fight of Holyfield’s career. In a career that had so many ups and downs. I still don’t understand what the heck was wrong with him in Bowe 3 and Moorer 1. From the opening bell of the first round he was horribly off his game in those fights. I’ve heard it was because of heart problems and I heard it was because of hepatitis. Not sure what exactly but something was def going on there. Then there’s the whole he got cured by a spiritual healer. Interesting man that Holyfield lol. Legendary career though and Bowe 2 is one of my favorite fights ever

Holyfield’s best performance. My favorite win and favorite fight of Holyfield’s career. In a career that had so many ups and downs. I still don’t understand what the heck was wrong with him in Bowe 3 and Moorer 1. From the opening bell of the first round he was horribly off his game in those fights. I’ve heard it was because of heart problems and I heard it was because of hepatitis. Not sure what exactly but something was def going on there. Then there’s the whole he got cured by a spiritual healer. Interesting man that Holyfield lol. Legendary career though and Bowe 2 is one of my favorite fights ever
the first Tyson fight will always get my vote for his best performance but honestly, he was at his peak skillwise, condition wise, any time he had something to prove, very skilled and gutsy guy who often looked horrible when he was supposed to look great and vice versa.
I love the recent youtube interviews where he and bowe argue with each other, just like brothers and Holyfield talks to him in a fashion I never saw holy speak to anyone, talking down to him, and it's easy to forget when watching those arguments, that bowe got the better of Holyfield overall.

the first Tyson fight will always get my vote for his best performance but honestly, he was at his peak skillwise, condition wise, any time he had something to prove, very skilled and gutsy guy who often looked horrible when he was supposed to look great and vice versa.
I love the recent youtube interviews where he and bowe argue with each other, just like brothers and Holyfield talks to him in a fashion I never saw holy speak to anyone, talking down to him, and it's easy to forget when watching those arguments, that bowe got the better of Holyfield overall.
Holyfield probably feels like he's the better man overall though.

Holyfield probably feels like he's the better man overall though.
I'm not sure, it's a strange dynamic, love hate if you will, just like brothers. You'll never see him talk to tyson like that. It's kinda wierd and even touching. I think he cares a lot for bowe but he sure is hard on the poor guy. Bowe is about the most passive guy from his era.

Holyfield fought all three fights with a heart condition, first undiagnosed, and still, after diagnosis. Insane heart, (no) pun intended.

I'm not sure, it's a strange dynamic, love hate if you will, just like brothers. You'll never see him talk to tyson like that. It's kinda wierd and even touching. I think he cares a lot for bowe but he sure is hard on the poor guy. Bowe is about the most passive guy from his era.

Tyson was a global star who transcended the sport. I think this is mainly the reason. But maybe its also something else on a deep personal level.

Though Bowe didn't look passive here, LOL:

Ahhh it’s funny you mention those YouTube interviews! I was actually there for a couple of them. I even have a couple of my own YouTube videos with Riddick Bowe

God it’s already been 3 years. I miss those days lol. I got like 30 different posters signed between Bowe and Holyfield. Fun times. Still got them! They almost got destroyed in Hurricane Irma

It’s funny when I’d see that kid coming who films those videos I’d try and hide from the camera. If I could go back in time I wish I was in the background lol

Michael Moorer was there a lot too. He didn’t want to be in the kid’s videos though. I actually tried getting Moorer to sign some posters as well and he tried getting me thrown outta the gym lol

A lot of fighters fight their best with Emanuel Stewart in their corner

Tyson was a global star who transcended the sport. I think this is mainly the reason. But maybe its also something else on a deep personal level.

Though Bowe didn't look passive here, LOL:

ya, he definitely had a dark side, he also kidnapped his wife and kids, still don't know what to make of that. I also think his entourage had a negative influence on him, there was always something bad going on around him and it usually involved other people around him.

Ahhh it’s funny you mention those YouTube interviews! I was actually there for a couple of them. I even have a couple of my own YouTube videos with Riddick Bowe

God it’s already been 3 years. I miss those days lol. I got like 30 different posters signed between Bowe and Holyfield. Fun times. Still got them! They almost got destroyed in Hurricane Irma

It’s funny when I’d see that kid coming who films those videos I’d try and hide from the camera. If I could go back in time I wish I was in the background lol

Michael Moorer was there a lot too. He didn’t want to be in the kid’s videos though. I actually tried getting Moorer to sign some posters as well and he tried getting me thrown outta the gym lol

no one likes michael moorer, he got kicked out roach's gym didn't he? He was atypical with his attitude, more like some college soccer player or something.

no one likes michael moorer, he got kicked out roach's gym didn't he? He was atypical with his attitude, more like some college soccer player or something.

I dont think i have ever read anything decent about Moorer, he always seemed obnoxious and confrontational

I dont think i have ever read anything decent about Moorer, he always seemed obnoxious and confrontational
he doesn't seem anything like most boxers, I would be willing to bet he grew up middle class, he seems spoiled and bratty.

He was awful lol. I had a couple posters from his Holyfield fights. Holyfield signed them no problem. I asked Michael Moorer to sign them and he said:

I’m here to train people, this isn’t an autograph signing

So I apologized. And he said:

If you’re sorry then why did you ask me?

So I apologized again lol and he yelled QUIT apologizing! How’d you get in this gym? What are you doing here?

I was actually there because I had been good friends with Jessie Robinson for almost a decade. He’s Shannon Briggs assistant coach. I had brought 2 fighters to the gym for Jessie to train. Not only that, one of them was a heavyweight and provided great sparring for the guys there. Trevor Bryant, Quadtrine Hill, Michael Mitchell, Asante Samuel (Yes the NFL player lol) I brought them all sparring partners.

Then Michael Moorer got mad at Jessie Robinson because I was in there. Fucking hell what a horror. Evander Holyfield signed like 20 posters for me no prob. Michael Moorer wanted to freaking fight lol. Ahh fun times

Yep. He lasted one fight there and then got fired lol. I think the worst part was when he told people they had to pay up like $5 or something if they leaned on the counter. He was throwing everyone outta the gym. Most notably Gerry Penalosa when he was training for an upcoming fight as well

He was awful lol. I had a couple posters from his Holyfield fights. Holyfield signed them no problem. I asked Michael Moorer to sign them and he said:

I’m here to train people, this isn’t an autograph signing

So I apologized. And he said:

If you’re sorry then why did you ask me?

So I apologized again lol and he yelled QUIT apologizing! How’d you get in this gym? What are you doing here?

I was actually there because I had been good friends with Jessie Robinson for almost a decade. He’s Shannon Briggs assistant coach. I had brought 2 fighters to the gym for Jessie to train. Not only that, one of them was a heavyweight and provided great sparring for the guys there. Trevor Bryant, Quadtrine Hill, Michael Mitchell, Asante Samuel (Yes the NFL player lol) I brought them all sparring partners.

Then Michael Moorer got mad at Jessie Robinson because I was in there. Fucking hell what a horror. Evander Holyfield signed like 20 posters for me no prob. Michael Moorer wanted to freaking fight lol. Ahh fun times
that's a cop mentality, flipping out over nothing,controlling everything, he should join his local municipality's PD.

Yep. He lasted one fight there and then got fired lol. I think the worst part was when he told people they had to pay up like $5 or something if they leaned on the counter. He was throwing everyone outta the gym. Most notably Gerry Penalosa when he was training for an upcoming fight as well
in my old martial arts class we had a buncha wierdos, not quite like Moorer but just dicks, ya know. It was an amazing magnet for dicks, some more dickish than others, and of course they all didn't get along. Just overly aggressive, lonely, and running off decent guys. They can't help themselves, you can tell them a million times and they won't stop being goofy, and most of the time, they can't fight for shit. We had one guy, big guy, always causing problems with everyone and he wasn't even there very long before he started trying to take over, anyway, he had two mma fights where he lost, the second was in my mma gym where he got his ass choked out in under a minute, I heard later he got kicked out of my old mentors school but i'd already left by then, so I assume he just never stopped being a fuckhead. What can we say? there all over in every field, you got the good people, then you got the fuckups who cause problems.

Back