Bowe-Golota II is one of the most brutal fights I have ever seen

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
More brutal than the first fight. A shot Bowe here takes insane punishment but somehow still lands bombs on Golota. Low blows were worse in this fight as well. Insane stuff that this went almost the distance. also a pretty sick headbutt landed too by Golota

It was a very brutal fight, Bowe fought his heart out but it was obvious to me that he was shot. He also looked emaciated, coming in at 235, which was actually his weight when he beat Holyfield the first time, but he didn't look well. Immediately afterwards, I thought I could hear him slurring badly in interviews, right after.

I loved this fight. A shame that Golota just couldn’t hold it together mentally to actually get a win over him.
Talented fighter, I remember watching the prefight stuff and thinking of how skilled and fast he looked. He also had bacne in that fight, a sure sign of ped usage. Guy was just a basketcase, threw away a win in this fight and a great opportunity. He was a precursor to the Euro's dominating the sport, just without the success.

Talented fighter, I remember watching the prefight stuff and thinking of how skilled and fast he looked. He also had bacne in that fight, a sure sign of ped usage. Guy was just a basketcase, threw away a win in this fight and a great opportunity. He was a precursor to the Euro's dominating the sport, just without the success.
Threw away both Bowe fights. Bizarre. He was a tremendously skilled fighter but something was definitely missing.

Threw away both Bowe fights. Bizarre. He was a tremendously skilled fighter but something was definitely missing.
just unstable, for whatever reason, i just watched the Lennox Lewis fight, looked freaked out that he was hurt and that was it. Didn't take much to make him goofy. It seemed, when he fought Bowe, that he would start to throw low anytime Bowe mounted a rally, which wouldn't have been enough for bowe to take the fight but he couldn't even handle that much pressure. I could bring up the Tyson fight but he can sorta be forgiven for quitting as his face was busted.

boxing is 90% mental and even though he had some size, some skills and power, without the mentality, it's a done deal.

just unstable, for whatever reason, i just watched the Lennox Lewis fight, looked freaked out that he was hurt and that was it. Didn't take much to make him goofy. It seemed, when he fought Bowe, that he would start to throw low anytime Bowe mounted a rally, which wouldn't have been enough for bowe to take the fight but he couldn't even handle that much pressure. I could bring up the Tyson fight but he can sorta be forgiven for quitting as his face was busted.

boxing is 90% mental and even though he had some size, some skills and power, without the mentality, it's a done deal.
Agreed. Also if you remember during the Samson Po'uha fight he bit him in the neck (away from the view of the ref) when he got rocked. But on the other hand, he fouled Dannell Nicholson and he wasn't in any trouble at all at the time, and then during one of the Bowe fights he threw that headbutt in mid-combo and at the time he was doing fine. I remember the look on his face when Lewis knocked him down and it wasn't good!

Agreed. Also if you remember during the Samson Po'uha fight he bit him in the neck (away from the view of the ref) when he got rocked. But on the other hand, he fouled Dannell Nicholson and he wasn't in any trouble at all at the time, and then during one of the Bowe fights he threw that headbutt in mid-combo and at the time he was doing fine. I remember the look on his face when Lewis knocked him down and it wasn't good!
ya, i remember hearing about the bite. Shame because he looked devestating in the first Bowe fight, he was on his game for most of that one. I just rewatched the Tyson fight, Mike looked damned good in that one and was landing some bombs, hard to believe he'd be totally shot just a couple years later, unable to beat journeymen.

ya, i remember hearing about the bite. Shame because he looked devestating in the first Bowe fight, he was on his game for most of that one. I just rewatched the Tyson fight, Mike looked damned good in that one and was landing some bombs, hard to believe he'd be totally shot just a couple years later, unable to beat journeymen.
Yep, hard to believe he got battered by Kevin McBride not that long after.

More brutal than the first fight. A shot Bowe here takes insane punishment but somehow still lands bombs on Golota. Low blows were worse in this fight as well. Insane stuff that this went almost the distance. also a pretty sick headbutt landed too by Golota

At least Golota didn't bite him, he has bit in a fight before.​

The last combo by Golota was the most painful thing I've seen in a boxing match, including liver shots. Three heavy uppercuts to the nuts from a 240+ pound man.

When Golota was later asked why he did it, he simply replied "Because the son of a bitch wouldn't stay down!".

i first saw Golota on the undercard of a Lewis fight, i don't recall which one, but he looked good, he had all the physical tools but none of the mental ones required to be a champion, so many HWs over the years fall into this bracket

for anyone hinting Bowe was shot to pieces in the first Golota fight, he had just come off arguably his second best win of his career against a fully healthy Evander Holyfield, stopping him

Bowe was so overated for me, his record is spotty and outside of Holyfield and Larry Donald...its meh

As despicable as he could be in the ring, prime Golota was a sight.

Just absolute madness from golota. He had 1 round and a few seconds to go in a fight he was easily winning!

Yeah I remember both those fights so frustrating he was winning them both but snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Never particularly warmed to Bowe.

i first saw Golota on the undercard of a Lewis fight, i don't recall which one, but he looked good, he had all the physical tools but none of the mental ones required to be a champion, so many HWs over the years fall into this bracket

for anyone hinting Bowe was shot to pieces in the first Golota fight, he had just come off arguably his second best win of his career against a fully healthy Evander Holyfield, stopping him

Bowe was so overated for me, his record is spotty and outside of Holyfield and Larry Donald...its meh
he was, i recall watching each and every post holyfield fight and couldn't understand how the boxing mags would hype him as the best heavyweight in the world. None of his performances were impressive to me, but the boxing mags raved about Gonzalez. the Buster Mathis fight, the Herbie Hide fights just show a guy who hasn't taken his craft seriously. Eddie Futch quit in disgust after the first golota fight and later said, "you sound like a guy who had a hundred fights" after the second.

People have different tolerances for abuse, Bowe didn't have very much. The kinds of wars he had, other fighters have had twice that many and don't sound as badly as him.

You're so full of shit it's disgusting. Just days ago you wrote the exact opposite about Holyfield's health going into the Bowe trilogy fight.
cmon, that is clutching at straws with the fight he stopped Holyfield in, his body basically gave up at that point, he had known medical problems(probably due to steroids, but we wont go there)
So, which is it? Holyfield was either "fully healthy" or he had "known medical problems" and his blood sugar was "all over the place"? Pick one.

Last edited:
you fucking retard, it was squarely aimed at you that you idiot

hook line and sinker

Back