Borderlands :handsome edition

Borderlands 2 is getting a new piece of free downloadable content that will act as a narrative bridge to Borderlands 3, according to leaked information and screenshots posted to Steam. The add-on, Commander Lilith & The Fight For Sanctuary, will include new bosses, new areas, and, of course, new loot.
Here’s the official description of Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith & The Fight For Sanctuary, which has since been removed from Steam, via Resetera:
Return to the award winning shooter-looter for a new adventure that sets the stage for the upcoming Borderlands 3. Sanctuary is under siege, the Vault’s map has been stolen and a toxic gas is poisoning Pandora. Fight new bosses, explore new zones, get new loot (including an entirely new tier beyond Legendary) and join up with Lilith and the Crimson Raiders to take on a deranged villain hell-bent on ruling the planet
Returning players can pursue an increased level cap of 80, while newcomers can automatically boost to level 30 and dive straight into the action.
The fight for Sanctuary referred to the in the new content’s title may offer some clues to the transition from Borderlands 2’s hub city to the new spaceship hub, Sanctuary 3, inBorderlands 3. Gearbox’s Borderlands 3 is due out on Sept. 13 for PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox One, and Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith & The Fight For Sanctuary is reportedly planned to officially drop sometime during E3, according to a recent report from PlayStation Lifestyle.
Borderlands 2 is currently available as a free title through PlayStation Plus on PlayStation 4, included as part of Borderlands: The Handsome Collection.
https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/5/18654630/borderlands-2-commander-lilith-free-dlc-borderlands-3

$2.90 on Steam right now
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/8133/Borderlands_The_Handsome_Collection/

Last edited:
Redownloaded BL2 last night in anticipation of the new DLC

It's a matter of annoyance. On the pc, I can pinpoint where I want the cursor within a millisecond. On the console, I have to take my time to pick up all the loot. That's lame

Its a level playing field

to add to what the other person said, the AI is really dumb and will barely challenge you at any point in the game (in Borderlands 1 at least) ... Mercenaries on the PS2 was the last time I completed a game with AI that bad. Crazy given that games like F.E.A.R came out in 2005 yet still developers continue to dial it in.

In fairness, shooter looters aren't designed around smart AI. You have to keep them somewhat dumb, or the grind would be an absolute chore. They're designed to make you feel overpowered, and keep the XP coming. Think of Borderlands kind of like Diablo with guns. The goal isn't really to overcome smart enemies. It's more to just level up your character and try out new gear on waves and waves of cannon fodder.

Borderlands is more about the characters and WTF story than about the difficulty. But if you keep going through the harder modes, AI be damned if you make a mistake you WILL get wiped out by a psycho mob. I've had characters with optimum gear and spec get wrecked because I choose to reload at a bad moment or botched a grenade throw. Hell, some of the bosses even if I do everything right will still ruin my day (FUCK YOU PYRO PETE).

Borderlands is more about the characters and WTF story than about the difficulty. But if you keep going through the harder modes, AI be damned if you make a mistake you WILL get wiped out by a psycho mob. I've had characters with optimum gear and spec get wrecked because I choose to reload at a bad moment or botched a grenade throw. Hell, some of the bosses even if I do everything right will still ruin my day (FUCK YOU PYRO PETE).
I just started UVHM in Borderlands 2. I've died approx 20 times between level 50 and 55. I died maybe 5 times total between the first 2 playthroughs level 1-50.

It's ridiculously hard if you don't use slag constantly.

Yep, Slag becomes mandatory unless you are running a full 4 man group with top gear and specs that knows exactly what to do and when to do it. And even then you need at least one person to slag bosses.

Yep, Slag becomes mandatory unless you are running a full 4 man group with top gear and specs that knows exactly what to do and when to do it. And even then you need at least one person to slag bosses.
Yeah I just beat Mad Mike playing solo, I basically had to hide in the entrance and shoot him in the foot over and over since one shot from him and you're dead. I enjoy a challenge and all but why they thought it was a good idea to necessitate slag or else it takes 2,000 bullets to kill a common enemy is beyond me.

I can't imagine I would be where I am now if not for lucking out and getting the legendary infinity pistol a few levels ago.

Thats why I am stoked for BL3, because it looks and sounds like that have fixed a LOT of the issues people had with 2 and the PS.

In fairness, shooter looters aren't designed around smart AI. You have to keep them somewhat dumb, or the grind would be an absolute chore. They're designed to make you feel overpowered, and keep the XP coming.
You bring up a god point. Tough AI is exactly what made me quit the Division 2. I couldn't even walk to a mission launch point without getting killed by AI and I got really frustrated.

Started playing the Fight For Sanctuary DLC last night
Not that far in but Im not really enjoying it that much but that might be because I dont have any of my favorite guns/shields/grenade mods etc
Never played BL2 on Xbone so I had to boost to level 30 and just start fresh
Hopefully I'll get into it more as I go along and build up my arsenal because Borderlands is one of my favorite series ever

Anybody else go back to Borderlands after years and shocked by how slow it feels?

Games with movement like Apex Legends have ruined me

Anybody else go back to Borderlands after years and shocked by how slow it feels?

I went back and found the movement speed to be a nice reprieve after playing a lot of Warframe.

I hated Apex.

You just have to adjust. It's not a flaw or anything. It's like going from Quake to Halo. They're just mechanically different.

the price is so tempting but
1) I played it a ton already years ago
2) something about all the colors and lights used to make me a little nauseous from time to time
3) seems like it would be better just to find a new and fun game (which I am still searching for). Maybe Borderlands 3 when it comes out. Eventually cyberpunk I think. Possibly heavy rain from epic games, since I never gave it a chance on my now broken ps3

The game changer was using Axton and having a Bee Shield. With the turret upgraded fully, it just wasn't fair throwing it down and distracting all the enemies while I insta-killed everyone with that unlimited amp damage.

Back