Boon 16oz Glove

The lace-ups fit me pretty well you just have to wear them in, they were my first lace-ups and now i do not think i will be going back to velcros. I pre-lace/tie mine and just slip them on(slipping them on is quick for me)

I tried but if I keep them loose enough to slip on, I get no wrist support which is big for me. So disappointed. This really sucks. Im stuck with them unless I find somebody who wants them.

Its not even that they are so bad as much as they just aren't wanted/ordered.

EDIT:

just tried getting them on while laced up, even as loose as I can make them, I can hardly get them on, with hand wraps...impossible.

Last edited:
I tried but if I keep them loose enough to slip on, I get no wrist support which is big for me. So disappointed. This really sucks. Im stuck with them unless I find somebody who wants them.

Its not even that they are so bad as much as they just aren't wanted/ordered.

EDIT:

just tried getting them on while laced up, even as loose as I can make them, I can hardly get them on, with hand wraps...impossible.

Thats a bummer i mean i honestly have a little trouble getting my right glove on as I have a surgically repaired right wrist so have to make it tighter but my left glove takes just as long as velcros do to put on maybe even less. I also have some pretty thin arms and wrists but even with slipping my gloves on they have shockingly great support something i have not gotten from velcros. I can throw basically any punch and at full speed with my bad hand and dont ever really have to worry about it(with velcros i am quite careful throwing hooks and uppercuts and if so they are done not at full speed/power). One thing i did notice is that the thumb takes forever to break in but its not an issue

You can always try and get a HnL converter seems like it should save you from your frustrations, i'd imagine being in china you could possibly get customs for cheap. At least thats what my friend told me when he was over there for a few years if he ever needed anything done to his cloths or dress shoes as he couldnt just buy some from any of their stores as he is quite tall and they didnt sell shoes for him from my understanding

Im jelous man, these just aren't going to do it, I've been messing with them for the last few minutes and getting them on/off with wraps while pre tied just ain't happening. Maybe elastic laces....as if I could find those in china haha.

I just got screwed an a pair of boons I ordered got shipped with laces instead of velcro. Pisses me off, I have zero need for a lace up 16 oz glove. They look nice and all but man. I really feel like crying I'm so damn pissed. Lace up boons suck, by far one of the worst choices of lace up gloves out of all Thai gloves.

Where did you order from? Most places with halfway decent customer service will take care of you on this.

Where did you order from? Most places with halfway decent customer service will take care of you on this.

Bro, international shipping, etc, etc....its hardly worth the 2 months and the $$$.

Bro, international shipping, etc, etc....its hardly worth the 2 months and the $$$.

Yeah, I just mean that any company worth their salt would just take the loss and send you the pair you ordered without trying to get back the original.

i have the old version with the white circle, 12 oz, thought the knuckle padding is lacking, will take a look at the 16 oz with the improved padding

I heard that these don't last with a lot of bagwork. I only use mine for sparring. They are great gloves and the browns are awesome! only second to the kanpeki's.

I heard that these don't last with a lot of bagwork. I only use mine for sparring. They are great gloves and the browns are awesome! only second to the kanpeki's.

I use mine only for bag work and they have held up very well!!! They have been used and abused and the padding still feels as the day I bought them.

I use mine only for bag work and they have held up very well!!! They have been used and abused and the padding still feels as the day I bought them.

These conflicting reports are starting to make me think that the padding is inconsistent on the Boon's. The amalgamation of all past reviews seems to make Boon's really hit or miss, love or hate. :eek:

These conflicting reports are starting to make me think that the padding is inconsistent on the Boon's. The amalgamation of all past reviews seems to make Boon's really hit or miss, love or hate. :eek:

Agreed. When you get a good pair....they are the best gloves in the world.....when you get a lemon.....well Im thankful that I havent gotten one yet in 4 pairs(fingers crossed)

Beautiful Gloves. Are these bigger or longer then your lace up Beaulieu's in any way? Also do these fit you better then Bill B's Gloves? Or no? Thanks.

Beautiful Gloves. Are these bigger or longer then your lace up Beaulieu's in any way? Also do these fit you better then Bill B's Gloves? Or no? Thanks.

No and no my beaulieus are custom which means custom fitted. apples and oranges. Custom gloves vs retail gloves.

Beaulieu is better in every possible way but also more expensive.

I'm in UK, and given that the American boxing gloves cost a fortune, and there are no reviews and no information about whether uk boxing gloves are any good, I've decided to go for Thai gloves.

I train, mostly for fitness, in amateur boxing, so a western glvoe would have suited me best.

However, price wise, Thais are much cheaper (though still a fortune, looks like you can get gloves a LOT cheaper in USA) than American brands. Uk gloves cheaper still, but I don't know whehter they are any good.

Anyway, after much deliberation and review reading, went for 16oz boons. The OP got these for $50, but i paid

Did u read my review at all it clearly stated in yellow that the gloves were 2oz off. They shipped me another pair the gloves were closer to weight but still off.

As far as things being off there is a certain margin of error in the states. Like subway says its a footlong sub but its more like 10.5 inches. So its just another example of companies getting away with stuff thats a typical shady business practice imo.

Lol ur funny adam, u dislike boons as much as rob dislikes winning, almost as much as ivan hated ring to cage... only coming close to minows hatred for reyes equaled by mine for everlast

I dont really hate them that much, In fact Im thinking of getting their MMA gloves. BUt I really hate underweight gloves plus the boons just dont fit me too well and my first pair didnt last. So I didnt really bother getting into the ones I have now.

Im headed to the philippines in about a week, Im going to check out some boxing clubs while im there and Im hoping I can find some cleto reyes stuff there since its impossible to find in China and Im not going to make it to the USA afterall (probably this summer).

IF ANYBODY IS LIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES AND WANTS MY BOONS, PM ME ASAP AND WHEN I GET TO BOROCAY, ILL SEND THEM TO YOU....FREE.

Yo! I dont hate Reyes. Great gloves for some, not for me but people have their individual wants. Like their other kit well enough, still rockin their groin guard and had a couple of their headguards which were fairly nice

boons claimed, Ill get to the Philippines on the 16th, I'll hopefully get the gloves sent on the 17th when I get to boracay.

looking forward to a revied here.

Back