Books you're reading now

it was great! liked it a lot. Chapter XXX really stood out to me for its being legitimately LOL humorous, which was a surprising moment of levity in what was an otherwise pretty damn dark & grim novel (not that it wasn’t spotted here & there w/ moments of comedic situations or interactions (the Allende cousins come to mind), but just not as overtly okay-now-i’m-chuckling-out-loud as the aforementioned chapter was from start to finish.) i could be a little off the mark here since it’s been years since i last read it, but El Túnel almost felt like the latin american version of Sartre’s Nausea.
I'm glad you enjoyed it bro. We have some hidden gems in our literature. It's always nice to those reaching people from all over the world.

I read that book as a teenager on vacation, I remember loving it at the time. How's it hold up today?

On about halfway thru and I'm enjoying it.
I've always heard it was considered koontz's best.his novels seem to combine scifi and horror. I might read lighting or twilight eyes after I finish watchers

Just began the re-read of the Wheel of Time series. Chapter one done. I have read it before and loved it. With the show coming out late next year or maybe 2022 I figure I got plenty of time for a read through. Too busy to whip out 5 chapters a day so this series is likely a year long endeavor. Good timing.

Ive gotten into some James Robinson stuff. Kind of a mix between Tom Clancy and Michael Crichton....

13dad74d-d9e2-4ccd-a2be-046e6c6bd5de-jpeg.786084

Attachments

• 13DAD74D-D9E2-4CCD-A2BE-046E6C6BD5DE.jpeg
    13DAD74D-D9E2-4CCD-A2BE-046E6C6BD5DE.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 56
Currently reading Dr No, working my way through the Bond books. Dammit if a whole lot of the work has aged poorly, especially some of the archaic English language/writing style and, Fleming's disparaging portrayals of POC's and women, while also seemingly being somewhat in adoration of both, tis odd.

A Brief History of Time - Stephen Hawking. I'm writing an essay on this book. A very fascinating book, but I don't have time to read it to the end and write an essay. So I think about just hire essay writer online.

Last edited:
OJ_Kudos_01.jpg

the final book in what has been a brilliant trilogy so far, & i expect nothing short of that w/ Kudos. the way Cusk is able to paint complete portraits of the various tertiary characters in the span of usually no more than a chapter & how the narrator herself is fleshed out while being a passive participant in each of the conversations/interactions, w/ almost no internal monologue, is truly remarkable. Cusk’s exploration into the human condition is done in a style that feels wholly fresh & ambitious.

Last edited:
Paul Was Not a Christian: The Original Message of a Misunderstood Apostle by Pamela Eisenbaum

Lermontov's A hero of our times.

Super disapointed. Was expecting tales and accounts of dangerous Chechen Abreks. Instead got a bunch of pompous sexist bullshit written by a kid. I don't get why this book is such a classic.

If you're interested in badass shit happening the Caucasus in the 19th century as articulated by one of Russia's finest novelists, perhaps Leo Tolstoy's "Hadji Murad" is for you.

Finished Karamazov Brothers last week (Dostoievsky) and started Tolstoi's "War and Peace". I feel a little bit intimidated.

Karamazov Brothers was actually a great book and the last one from FD. There was going to be a 2nd part which would take place in the same town 20 years later but FD died.

War and Peace is an absolutely epic read. My only complaint is that his philosophical tangents occasionally interrupt the otherwise cinematic scope of the novel. However, his masterful world-building, character development, and intertwining narratives justify its position as one of russian literature's most esteemed works imo

I love all of Dostoevsky's works, and if you enjoyed TBK, I highly recommend The Idiot.

Bible
Millionaire Next Door
Rich Dad, Poor Dad
Hellen Keller

War and Peace is an absolutely epic read. My only complaint is that his philosophical tangents occasionally interrupt the otherwise cinematic scope of the novel. However, his masterful world-building, character development, and intertwining narratives justify its position as one of russian literature's most esteemed works imo

I love all of Dostoevsky's works, and if you enjoyed TBK, I highly recommend The Idiot.
I have read The Idiot too. Loved it like everything from Dostoievsky.

Sadly I couldn't really get into War and Peace. As soon as I started it I had to go back to work and I wasn't able to manage to fit the reading in my routine. With books like that one I like to read them pretty much as fast as I can because I feel I would miss a lot of things if I just grab them one day and then 3 days after.
I remember when I read 100 years of soltitude. Was pretty much a marathon but the rhytm helped me to catch a lot of things I would not have otherwise.

The Chelation Revolution: Breakthrough Detox Therapy, with a Foreword by Tammy Born Huizenga, D.O., Founder of the Born Clinic

https://www.amazon.com/Chelation-Cu...words=chelation&qid=1596988816&s=books&sr=1-2

Chelation has long been approved by the FDA to rid the body of lead by using a synthetic amino acid (ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid), which binds to toxic metals and minerals in the bloodstream, allowing a patient to excrete them. When metals like lead, mercury, iron, and arsenic build up in your body, they can be toxic.

Alternative medical practitioners have used chelation for nearly 60 years, especially to treat heavy metal contamination that causes or contributes to heart disease. Chelation rids the body of deposits that can lead to atherosclerosis, which causes coronary arteries to narrow, leading to heart attacks. Patients have also found relief through chelation for improving the symptoms of autism. One of the most promising areas of research is in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Because the buildup of metals like copper, iron, and zinc are thought to play a role in Alzheimer's disease, Chelation Therapy might have a place in treating it.

Full of hope-inspiring case histories, expert findings and where to find treatment, The Chelation Revolution: Breakthrough Detox Therapy shows how Chelation Therapy can alleviate suffering in numerous medical conditions and lead to a healthier, happier, and longer life.

If you're interested in badass shit happening the Caucasus in the 19th century as articulated by one of Russia's finest novelists, perhaps Leo Tolstoy's "Hadji Murad" is for you.

Read it many times, friend. But thanks. May I recommend "the Cossacks" by Tolstoï as well. There is also Alexandre Dumas' Caucasian trips which are awesome. Will gladly receive any suggestion but surprisingly, this is not a topic which is very ripe of literature and this is unfortunate.

Got three books going now. All sci-fi, with rating for what I’ve read so far of them

The abyss beyond dreams by peter f Hamilton
Meh 6/10

Children of time by Adrian Tchaikovsky
Ok so far 7/10

Axis by Robert Charles Wilson
Loving it. Also loved the first, “Spin”. 8.5/10

Just finished warbreaker by sanderson. Not really sure what im going to read next.

About 120 Pages into the Great Hunt, Book 2 of the Wheel of Time. It's a little faster paced than the first one, so less of a slog to read.

Back