Books you're reading now

81dpxaQ3HtL.jpg

A fascinating analysis of the biblical Book of Samuel.

Can anyone recommend some good mafia books- i’ve never read mario puzo of godfather fame- anyone read his books? Are they good! Or any mafia books fiction or non fiction.

Thanks. Now get me the shcarole!!!

Godfather is a great novel imo, obviously if you've seen the movie you know the deal but it's interesting how some characters who have tiny parts in the movie are a much bigger part of the story in the book. I've never read any other books by Puzo though. For a non-fiction book I highly recommend Blood and Honour by George Anastasia about the mob in Philadelphia.

Jeff Buckley: From Hallelujah to the Last Goodbye

His manager wrote it and it's basically a bunch of stories and interviews with people who knew him well throughout his life. I started it today and like it so far.

Godfather is a great novel imo, obviously if you've seen the movie you know the deal but it's interesting how some characters who have tiny parts in the movie are a much bigger part of the story in the book. I've never read any other books by Puzo though. For a non-fiction book I highly recommend Blood and Honour by George Anastasia about the mob in Philadelphia.
Thanks for the recommendations-yes i’ve been wanting to read Puzo and don’t know why I haven yet- i’ll be sure to check both out

Starting this bad boy today
81bwTuD2frL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg
enjoy! i loved this book. and shall dance a Camala just for you.

i hope you are going through the entire series. Don't forget the novel written after series concluded that King wrote, Wind in the Keyhole or something like that.

I myself just finished Into the Woods by Bryson. and am a few chapters into Fire and Blood by Martin, and i gotta say, im pretty pissed Martin made this book instead of finishing Winds of winter. Fat lazy bastard

was gonna read a book about the Zebra killings in SF years ago.
already read one on the Zodiac guy.
but Amazon sold me a clearly used ass book and charged me for a new one
so I'm returning it.
assholes.

enjoy! i loved this book. and shall dance a Camala just for you.

i hope you are going through the entire series. Don't forget the novel written after series concluded that King wrote, Wind in the Keyhole or something like that.

I myself just finished Into the Woods by Bryson. and am a few chapters into Fire and Blood by Martin, and i gotta say, im pretty pissed Martin made this book instead of finishing Winds of winter. Fat lazy bastard
Yeah, I'm reading the series. Last one I read was wind through the keyhole then I took a break and read something else. Back at it now.

A400069.jpg

Short story.. I liked it. Enjoy it brother.

I wanted to make a joke but there is this one word that IDK how it's translated. You will get it.
it was great! liked it a lot. Chapter XXX really stood out to me for its being legitimately LOL humorous, which was a surprising moment of levity in what was an otherwise pretty damn dark & grim novel (not that it wasn’t spotted here & there w/ moments of comedic situations or interactions (the Allende cousins come to mind), but just not as overtly okay-now-i’m-chuckling-out-loud as the aforementioned chapter was from start to finish.) i could be a little off the mark here since it’s been years since i last read it, but El Túnel almost felt like the latin american version of Sartre’s Nausea.

Back