• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media "Bookmakers ruin families, worse than alcohol, never in EFC" - Khabib Nurmagomedov

Well can't stop bookies from sliding into your fighters dms regularly.

I was pointing out to my gf as we watched BKFC, and UFC last saturday that gambling ads and talk are on every sport you watch here in Canada these days. It’s going to become a big problem. But at least every once in a while there’s a PSA about gambling addictions and where you can get help. Luckily I don’t gamble.

Bookies bad

Friendships, ties and sponsorships/endorsements/funds from warlords, racketeers, embezzlers and extremists/terrorists good

Screen_Shot_2019_06_12_at_8.20.51_AM.png

KHabib_Nurmagomedov_i_Ziyavudin_Magomedov.0.jpg

For devout Muslims, alcohol and gambling are forbidden. Associating with shady people is not necessarily forbidden. Contradiction resolved.

Now speak on Ziyavudin and Khabib's relationship with him and how he founded Eagles MMA, had several fighters and execs arrested for murder then, funded Khabib's career and is still in jail for massive hundred of millions of dollars in racketeering and embezzlement charges

Literal Russian Propaganda talking points

Khabib is a true legend trying to make the world a better place at the risk of his life.

Props to Khabib. Call him a hypocrite if you want, but I admire he's trying to maintain the dignity of his organization as he sees it, especially since it's costing him lots of money he could be making, otherwise. In contrast, the UFC will get in bed with just about anyone or do anything if it squeezes out a couple more pennies.

He is right, betting is addictive

For some people. Just like alcohol is addictive.. to some people. Most anything is harmful if not used in moderation.

I do respect his decision to leave money on the table due to his religious ideals.

lol @ the knee jerk trigger reactions lol

I fucking hate gambling and booze commercials, but I also prefer fighters to have freedom over their sponsors. I dig Khabib's principles, though I hope it doesn't extend to the sponsors of his fighters.

Its crazy to me that khabib has never drank alcohol ever. I can’t wrap my head around that. Being a guy who is surrounded by fighters and people in the fight game, tons of events and afterparties, yet he’s never has a lick of alcohol.

A 2-minute video

Reporter: "Have you ever thought of the money you're missing out on? They're probably ready to give hundreds of thousands of dollars!"

Khabib: "Well, the pay big money. There are promotions that take their money, the bookmakers become their main sponsor, and they don't need any more. We're not moving in that direction. We pay attention to the type of product we give to our audience. The only thing we promote is sport. I don't want people to watch us and see alcohol or bookmakers ads. It's very important to me. I don't want someone to discover a bookmaker from watching EFC and then go to their website and develop an addiction. That's very important [to me]"

What is the bet EFC has a bookie sponsor before the end of the year?

Back