• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bones wants HW Superfight with Velasquez.... who you picking?

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
ufc-champion-jon-jones.jpg

Cain-Velasquez-with-Belt.jpeg

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/...fight-2614273/

After seeing these vids of Jones and reading the discussion I thougt this would be an interesting poll.

If this fight happens soon, who you picking?

Last edited:
Cain would just smash the hell out of him and if you asked me also before the Gus fight I would say the same.

Wrong

I already bet 100 dollars on cain with a friend if this fight does happen.

Jones would outclass him,even in 2013.
And now even more.
Cain is all hype.

It's funny seeing all the posters with high post counts backing Cain.

Cain by homicide.

Cain stops Jones with strikes. Jones could barely take Gus down, so I really don't see him outwrestling Cain. Plus Cain won't be stopped by Jones' push kicks, if Jones even chooses to throw him since he'd risk being put on his back...

The fight won't happen though. Guaranteed.

i always thought jds would be a much tougher fight for jones

cain looked like shit last time out

jones hasnt dominated/finished in a while. he beat up vitor and chael, which isnt really a huge deal for lhw. especially how well vitor did early, vitor always does well early and finishes or fades. he handled rashad easily but it was pretty uneventful. you have to go back to 2011 vs rampage and machida to see jones dominant

cain is bigger than dc and hits harder. standing in range with dc and gus didnt go well. jones beat those guys on the outside. jones did well standing in front of glover. glover is not even close to the same animal

tough fight to call with jones time off/issues, powerlifting, jones weird hormone levels/usada, cains knee issues, cains last performance

i think if cain comes out and doesnt gas vs werdum then yes i favor cain. but this is a tough fight to call. jones is the p4p best in the world and was so while everyone was saying its anderson. cain at his best is just a nightmare for jones though

I almost didn't vote because it's so ridiculous, but I wanted to see the results.

gonna have to go with light brown pride

I'm genuinely curious how anyone would think Jones can beat Cain Velasquez. Cain would manhandle Jones and beat him up against the fence and on the ground in ways nobody at LHW could ever match. Maybe down the line Jones fills out and moves up to heavyweight but right now this seems like a slam dunk.

Imo Cain is just too fast and better striker and wrestler than JBJ.

Jones has a puncher's chance.....

Hahahhahahahahhahhah

Damn I hope this fight happens. I think I'll actually go with Bones on this one.
He already had a good showing against a guy who was an undefeated destroyer at HW in Cormier.

I think the hw version of Bones weighs about 245 pounds of functional muscle, with diverse striking and great wrestling, with a smart gameplay from Jackson. Sounds like a bad matchup for Cain to me.
I think JDS matches up better with Bones.

Cain would make Jones look like a journeyman. I seriously doubt this fight will ever happen.

Are you kidding me? Jones all the way.

I am not a Jones fan, but I'm sure he takes it. He's got better natural advantages, and he's one of the most creative fighters in the game. Plus, he's faced better competition.

Not that Cain isn't good, but we've really only seen him tested against JDS. No one else he's beaten screams "competition."

The goat jon goat jones embarrasses brittle bones Cain. Jones will take him into the deep waters and down him. This isn't even a competition. It'll look like a murder scene. Cain will never take this fight, because he knows it'll be his last fight. Jones would retire him in less than a round.

I am not a Jones fan, but I'm sure he takes it. He's got better natural advantages, and he's one of the most creative fighters in the game. Plus, he's faced better competition.

Not that Cain isn't good, but we've really only seen him tested against JDS. No one else he's beaten screams "competition."

rofl

I just can't count Jones out, the guy always finds a way to win. Very hard fight to call.

cain by stoppage

bones has no chance

Why did people bump this thread I thought jones had actually got some guts and was gonna fight in the weight class he should be. Its never gonna happen hell keep fighting people smaller than him and poking their eyes out

Trolling is an art, isn't it?

I'd change my vote now

Jones would TKO him

Back