• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bones wants HW Superfight with Velasquez.... who you picking?

Jones needs a few warm-up fights at HW to test the waters before fighting Cain...

Jones is ducking ___________ for easier fights at HW!

Man. Remember when people thought Cain was invincible and he would maul jones.

I'd have to assume Jones would come into the Octagon prepared and likely 10-15lbs heavier than we are used to seeing him at LHW. Styles make fights and he poses some problems for Cain, its silly to think otherwise.

Gus comes along and makes Jones look human and we are forgetting that Gus is likely to be one of the great fighters of his generation.

I think this fight would be closer than people think. At distance it's Jones' fight but Cain closes distance quickly and aggressively.

In the clinch I think conventional wisdom would say Cain would be able to control Jones and land hard punches, but in the Jones-Cormier fight Jones was able to win the clinch battle with a bigger guy. Jones is deceptively strong and has great take down defence. I honestly have no idea who would win this fight but I'd love to see it.

I also hope this fight like starts the beginning of Jones' American Top Team tour. Fights Cormier, Velasquez, Rockhold, maybe even josh thomson hahaha.

I am not a Jones fan, but I'm sure he takes it. He's got better natural advantages, and he's one of the most creative fighters in the game. Plus, he's faced better competition.

Not that Cain isn't good, but we've really only seen him tested against JDS. No one else he's beaten screams "competition."

Imagine what Cain would do to Hampage or Shogun nowadays!!??**!!

Jones ain't never moving up to HW, let alone never ever in a trillion years fights cain.

He knows damn well that once you take away he's height/reach advantage that he has over everyone in the LHW division he ain't nothing special, as was seen in the Gus fight when he finally had to fight someone he's own size he struggled and we all know damn well if he wasn't the champ then Gus would of won the judge decision victory.

why fight guys he's own size when he can fight guys smaller then him and have a height/reach advantage....

Beside's he knows Cain will finish him within the 1st round and beat him up worse then he did to Bigfoot...

avq81i_zpsbudf9hqi.png

& when that happens watch how quick he retreats back to LHW.

After seeing what cain did twice to dos santos who is a monster in his own right I can safely say velasquez

I think Cain would be too much. Jones would probably be able to stop the early takedown, might even get one of his one, but Cain's pressure and the unpredictability of weather he's gonna shoot or punch you in the face would eventually overwhelm Jones. I say Cain by UD or 4-5th round stoppage.

Lesnar couldn't keep Cain down. Brock freakin Lesnar. Jones' wrestling will be a complete non-factor.

He gets wall n' mauled like everyone else.

Itll look like Kelvin/Magny except Cain will finish Bones in the 4th with gnp

y everyone underestimate jone? jone has a good TDD. this will be a really close fight

Cain is the obvious favorite, but honestly anyone who is completely counting Jones out is a bit silly as satisfying at it might seem for many to envision Jones gettting an asswhooping.

If the former #3 HW in the world in DC can make LHW, then I don't see why a skinny guy like Jones couldn't make a decent transition to HW and have great success. Let's be honest, does anybody here think Cain is as accomplished as Jones when it comes to their UFC careers?

Styles make fights and he poses some problems for Cain, its silly to think otherwise.

I think the whole "styles make fights" argument works more in Cain's favor than Jones'.

>Velasquez is always pressing forward while Jones prefers his opponents to stay back in his striking range so he can pick them apart.

>Cain's pace and cardio would wear Jones down.

>Cain can take shots from guys like Dos Santos and Jon isn't known to be a very heavy handed puncher.

The only way I can even see Jones winning is if he somehow finds a submission during a scramble or if he lands a really vicious spinning elbow/kick.

Jones ain't never moving up to HW, let alone never ever in a trillion years fights cain.

He knows damn well that once you take away he's height/reach advantage that he has over everyone in the LHW division he ain't nothing special,
as was seen in the Gus fight when he finally had to fight someone he's own size he struggled and we all know damn well if he wasn't the champ then Gus would of won the judge decision victory.

why fight guys he's own size when he can fight guys smaller then him and have a height/reach advantage....

Beside's he knows Cain will finish him within the 1st round and beat him up worse then he did to Bigfoot...

avq81i_zpsbudf9hqi.png

cain-jon-jones.jpg

Cain will do to Jones what Gus did... but it will be 10 times worst.

Chicken Legs loses, by violence that shouldn't be on TV.

Before the injuries, and long layoffs, Cain, now, definitely Jones. Jones confidence is at an all time , while Cain can't even beat Werdum. Despite what y'all think, Werdum isn't a great champ. Just a horrificly weak HW division, and the former champ had rust, tons of injuries, and a super long layoff.

Werdum doesn't beat a non injured Cain, and we all know this.

Cain by brutal GnP TKO that comes after dropping jones with huge punches. I feel like you would have to be crazy to go with jones. No HW can beat Cain and now he will?

I wouldn't be so quick to say Cain would destroy Bones. Bones is asking for this fight for a reason. Jon tends to be pretty unpredictable on his feet plus with his wrestling ability he could probably give Cain problems. Cain hasn't fought too many wrestlers anyways.. overall I think Bones could surprise Cain, but by no means am I saying Bones would destroy Cain.. it would be very competitive fight that's for sure.

He knows damn well that once you take away he's height/reach advantage that he has over everyone in the LHW division he ain't nothing special, as was seen in the Gus fight when he finally had to fight someone he's own size he struggled and we all know damn well if he wasn't the champ then Gus would of won the judge decision victory.

avq81i_zpsbudf9hqi.png

Cormier even beat the shit out of Big Foot.

I watched Jones out wrestle and beat up Cormier fairly easily. And before you say "Cormier weight cut! Weight cut!"....Bones cuts weight too....

Cain looked like a shell of himself in his last fight. I honestly don't think Cain is even as good as Cormier right now.

I wouldn't be so quick to say Cain would destroy Bones. Bones is asking for this fight for a reason. Jon tends to be pretty unpredictable on his feet plus with his wrestling ability he could probably give Cain problems. Cain hasn't fought too many wrestlers anyways.. overall I think Bones could surprise Cain, but by no means am I saying Bones would destroy Cain.. it would be very competitive fight that's for sure.

Well ... he's saying he wants the fight, in public. That doesn't mean he's actively campaigning for it behind the scenes. Maybe even he knows UFC would not let him go for that fight until he permanently leaves LHW, and it's safe to say in public he wants the fight. I'm not saying this is the case. I'm just saying it's a possibility.

Cain by TKO

It's a lot closer than ppl think on sherdog. A JBJ that is 20 to 25 lbs heavier than the monster that we already see at LHW, fighting a declining Sea Level Cain. I think JBJ takes it honestly.

I think the whole "styles make fights" argument works more in Cain's favor than Jones'.

>Velasquez is always pressing forward while Jones prefers his opponents to stay back in his striking range so he can pick them apart.

>Cain's pace and cardio would wear Jones down.

>Cain can take shots from guys like Dos Santos and Jon isn't known to be a very heavy handed puncher.

The only way I can even see Jones winning is if he somehow finds a submission during a scramble or if he lands a really vicious spinning elbow/kick.

To me, the 'styles make fights' mantra means we really don't know how people match up until we see it. Cain's skills have looked good (two out of three times) against Dos Santos and twice against Bigfoot. Other than that, he hasn't been substantially tested against elite competition.

Jones is a very odd bird with an usual style, freakish reach and seems to be getting better in an impressive arc over the last few years. Gus made him look human but really this is a discredit to Gus who is likely to become one of the great fighters of his generation.

Cain is definitely the favorite but I don't see it as a walk in the park, and things don't usually stack up so neatly.

Back