• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bones Breaking in MMA?...Why?....

elias03r

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
You ever wonder why more and more bones are breaking in MMA? Connor Mcgregors shin bone shouldnt have snapped the way it did...Within the past 4 years we have seen plenty of limbs tear in half...

THE PROBLEM:
Every MMA fighter thinks as long as they take their protein shakes they are fine....protein only fuels your muscles...but they forget about Calcium/Magnesium...UFC Needs to supply their fighters with Mineral supplement to prevent bones from breaking.

Every time I see this type of freak accident I always tell myself too much protein not enough Minerals...

Thoughts?....

PS: Anthony rumble Johnsons Leukemia was caused by that cheap Heavy Soy Protein supplement he kept using which was found to have over 130 toxins...

Some steroids can make your bones more brittle. A lot of the leg breaks are caused by blasting low kicks without setting them up though and the person checking them is blocking with a much bigger bone. I don't think you can do much about that other than set up your kicks better.

Source that more bones are breaking?

And if you watch MMA avidly then you should have a mental track record on the subject, you must have spent too much time this year watching Jake Paul fight bums and slap league, no offense but your source response make you seem like an MMA noob :/.

Still spooked from that skinny dude going to lock in a triangle and loudly snapping his own lower leg bone.

Truthfully: as a young man, a much older boxing trainer told me that guys who take steroids seem to break their hands much easier, as if it effected their bones. Subsequently, many years later it has made wonder if this was effecting some MMA fighters.

No accusations intended; but I thought maybe knowledgeable guys could give their opinions or observations?

"Conor's shouldn't have snapped the way it did"

Is known he had stress/microfractures in that shin before the fight. It was primed for snapping.

Idk, prob going to need more evidence than "youtubes list is longer every year." There's more MMA matches occurring every year, so yeah, more bones are going to get broken, but that doesn't mean the average or rate of occurrence is a damn bit different.

And if you watch MMA avidly then you should have a mental track record on the subject, you must have spent too much time this year watching Jake Paul fight bums and slap league, no offense but your source response make you seem like an MMA noob :/.
Lolololol I have been watching MMA for thirty years and have watched literally thousands of fights.

There has not been an increase in the rate of broken bones. If anything, serious injuries have greatly decreased.

Tell me more about how the culprit is protein shakes and not people getting better at checking kicks.

Fighters not drinking milk anymore
We need a new National Milk Campaign

Sheesh this is some crap I'd expect to see in an MMA Facebook group not here. Oh and your a POS for that last line.
That last line should warrant a ban hammer. I didn't make it that far in initial read but once I saw both of your posts I went back. That's some speculative bullshit right there.

Back