Bold predictions for 2013

Not implausible. Here are my thoughts....

HW: JDS will KO Cain, again, and Overeem will demolish Bigfoot setting up the much anticipated title fight mid 2013. Overeem will edge JDS earlier, only to be KO'd in a glorious comeback victory by the nicest (and baddest) man on the planet.

JDS is going to have to dig a little deeper against Cain this time around. Velasquez attempted one half-assed single leg the first time around because he foolishly thought he could stand with Cigano. He will not make that mistake again.

While we're on the subject, name an elite wrestler that Junior has faced that is not named Cain Velasquez. Don't get me wrong, Junior may very well be able to stuff the double-leg attempt of a determined Cain, or his ground game could very well prove to be Nog-esque, but we don't know yet. I have a feeling we're going to find out.

When these two were booked the first time, I expected a war that would rival--and perhaps surpass--the epic collisions of Fedor and Minotauro. I expect that this time out, and refuse to pick a winner.

As for Overeem, I agree that he'll decimate Bigfoot, before losing his title fight due to shoddy conditioning....that is if he doesn't piss hot again.

LHW : Jones is going to decimate Chael, and people are going to try to use that to convince others that Jones > Anderson. That is untill Machida becomes the first man to finish Hendo with strikes, and then (T)KO's Jones in a rematch, reclaiming his title.
Gus gets a shot and loses.

Re: the farce that is Chael's title shot, see sig.

I think Machida will pick apart Hendo in a tepid, boring bout that will go to the cards unless Machida subs him late. It's a really bad matchup for Dan, who deserves better than to get fucked out of his hard-earned last shot at a UFC belt because Dana needs another Ferrari.

Lyoto's vintage, "boring" performance against Dan will earn him a third bout with Shogun, while Gustafsson faces Jones in what will be a semi-thrilling bout until Jon levels up between rounds, and destroys him with GnP.

MW : Anderson matrix's Bisping, and ends the year by making a great fighter in Weidman look bad.

What makes you think Bisping will get a shot at Silva on the heels of being destroyed by Belfort?

Another question: Is there a safer bet in MMA than Bisping losing to a top-10 fighter (and don't tell me that Brian Stann is a top-10 MW unless you wish to be laughed at mercilessly)?

As for Silva, who the hell knows what's next? St. Pierre clearly wants none of him. I'd love to see a rematch with Vitor, but doubt it would go much differently. Weidman still needs to prove he's worthy with a victory over the Belcher-Okami winner (and he'd get curbed anyway...I appreciate his skills, but I agree with you that Silva would make him look foolish).

As a fan, I want Silva-Jones before Anderson leaves the game. But what's that old line about wishing and shitting...?

WW : Diaz submits GSP (no shock here), and Hendricks beats Ellenberger via UD. This sets up a Hendricks/Diaz bout, and Diaz outlasts him, eventually (T)KO'ing him in the later rounds. Sadly he will test positive for marijuana metabolites and there will a sh*tstorm that will ensue.

This is the dumbest entry in your post.

To put it mildly, Georges is going to fuck Nick up. I like Diaz, and consider him one of the most entertaining fighters in MMA history, but the key to beating him is simple: don't stand in front of him, bully him with wrestling, and--if you have the top game--abuse him with GnP.

GSP is not only equipped to beat Diaz into early onset dementia, he's practically designed for it. And yes, Nick will be high the whole time.

Why the fuck would UFC match Hendricks with Ellenberger in the meantime? Johny should wait for GSP, and stay ready in case Condit or Rory gets hurt in training.

You clearly love Diaz. There's no shame in that. But if you're going to make predictions, use your damn brain.

LW : Pettis headkick KO's his way to the top of the division, and stays there.

I've been rather vocal in my opinion that the next LW title shot should go to Melendez. The man has more than earned it, and a fight between him and Bendo has FOTY written all over it.

As for Pettis, don't be so sure that he's a lock to beat Cerrone. That's going to be a hotly-contested fight, that may end up in a polarizing decision. I want to see Bendo-Pettis II as much as any fan (their first fight is in my all-time top-3), but we may have to wait.

And the idea that Pettis could rule the LW with an iron fist despite his shaky wrestling defense is not exactly sound...

FW : Jose Aldo puts on a dominant performance against Frankie, and KZ submits Swanson in a number one contender match. KZ gets a shot at Aldo, and puts on a good/exciting fight, but to no prevail. Aldo finishes him with strikes in the early rounds in a memorably crazy fight.

I agree that Aldo will wreck Edgar.

I still don't get the KZ love. Don't get me wrong, I understand that he's an entertaining fighter, with decent skills, and I have no doubt he could put up a spirited effort against Aldo, but we're still talking about a guy who got KTFO by George Roop.

The biggest threats to Aldo will be the new and old crop of weight-cutting LW vets (Siver, Guida), and guys like Alcantara, Dias, and a still-nowhere-near-his-prime Dustin Poirier.

That said, I still don't see a '45 out there that can hold Jose's jock....as long as he can stay healthy.

BW : Barao beats McDonald, only to get "served" by Cruz in his return.

You're right.....goddamnit, you're right. But only if by, "served," you mean, "boringly out-pointed."

I fucking hate Cruz......

FW : MM beats Dodson, Benavidez beats Uncle Creepy, setting up a rematch in which JoeB wins, despite being completely outclassed in their first meeting.

Dodson is capable of beating Johnson, but I doubt he will. Demetrious's wrestling will (surprise!) be the difference.

I hope Benavidez takes the belt next year, as he is one of the best fighters in the sport to have never won a major title, but even if he goes life-and-death with Johnson, Mighty Mouse always wins a decision....even if he doesn't really deserve it.

Rousey beats up two girls that nobody has ever heard of, and by the end of the year the Cyborg fight will seem inevitable.

I want to believe that people will give two shits about women's MMA, and I have nothing but respect for Rousey and her fellow female competitors.

Sadly, I don't think even Dana White can effectively promote WMMA to a mainstream audience.

I actually like and think your HW, MW, WW, LW, FeatherW and Women's predictions could very well come true. (individually, obviously.) (Oh and BTW I think unless Jose knocks KZ out cold KZ would always be in the fight. I doubt KZ ever gets TKO'd in any fight.) But definitely think you are crazy with the following:

1. I don't think UFC would give Benavidez a title shot that quick even if FLW is the smallest division, but maybe McCall-Benavidez winner will face someone like Cariaso-Moraga winner and that's #1 contender. Dodson will get wrecked by Johnson hopefully lol.

2. I think Barao is gonna own Cruz if they eventually fight. Cruz probably won't fight until at least late 2013. At least 2 years of ring rust.

3. This is the most ridiculous though, specifically the first sentence: "until Machida becomes the first man to finish Hendo with strikes, and then (T)KO's Jones in a rematch, reclaiming his title. Gus gets a shot and loses."

Don't care what you say Machida is not gonna (T)KO Hendo, and even if he wins by decision, he would still get wrecked by Jones. Gus definitely has a better shot than Machida imo.

Seeing as I am never wrong, I figured I'd let you guys know how each division is going to play out in 2013.

HW: JDS will KO Cain, again, and Overeem will demolish Bigfoot setting up the much anticipated title fight mid 2013. Overeem will edge JDS earlier, only to be KO'd in a glorious comeback victory by the nicest (and baddest) man on the planet.

LHW : Jones is going to decimate Chael, and people are going to try to use that to convince others that Jones > Anderson. That is untill Machida becomes the first man to finish Hendo with strikes, and then (T)KO's Jones in a rematch, reclaiming his title.
Gus gets a shot and loses.

MW : Anderson matrix's Bisping, and ends the year by making a great fighter in Weidman look bad.

WW : Diaz submits GSP (no shock here), and Hendricks beats Ellenberger via UD. This sets up a Hendricks/Diaz bout, and Diaz outlasts him, eventually (T)KO'ing him in the later rounds. Sadly he will test positive for marijuana metabolites and there will a sh*tstorm that will ensue.

LW : Pettis headkick KO's his way to the top of the division, and stays there.

FW : Jose Aldo puts on a dominant performance against Frankie, and KZ submits Swanson in a number one contender match. KZ gets a shot at Aldo, and puts on a good/exciting fight, but to no prevail. Aldo finishes him with strikes in the early rounds in a memorably crazy fight.

BW : Barao beats McDonald, only to get "served" by Cruz in his return.

FW : MM beats Dodson, Benavidez beats Uncle Creepy, setting up a rematch in which JoeB wins, despite being completely outclassed in their first meeting.

Rousey beats up two girls that nobody has ever heard of, and by the end of the year the Cyborg fight will seem inevitable.

The prophecy has been foretold.

If you use any of these facts to make money gambling, I want my cut.

Not a bad prediction..except the WW. Come on man..really?

My top 6 predictions.

1. There will be NO superfights in 2013. No GSP vs Silva, Silva vs Jones or Jones vs whoever the heavyweight champion will be!
2. GSP and Silva will only defend their belts twice next year and still be champion at the end of the year.
3. The injury plague on 2012 will continue.
4. Female TUF coaches Rousey vs Tate, best TUF ratings in a long time!
5. Roy Nelson ends the year fighting in Bellator. He goes 0-2 in 2013 in the UFC and gets cut. He'll lose to 2 top 5 fighters. Dana hates Roy and will give him fights so he loses twice just so he can cut him!
6. The calendar year is never over until Faber gets a title shot. He still won't hold a belt though!

I like those.

Here are my predictions.

HW: JDS will stop Cain again. Will defend against Overeem. Loses to Cormier in a fight that resembles Mousasi/Mo, where Cormier wins via takedown clinic, but gets the shit beat out of him while JDS, the loser of the fight, comes out nearly unscathed.

LHW: Jones beats Sonnen with ease. Next, he fights Gustafsson. Gus beats the shit out of Jones and it appears Jones has finally met his match when he pulls a spectacular submission finish out of his ass via a choke of some sort. Hendo isn't healed in time, Machida gets new opponent. Hendo gets somebody else, wins, but still doesn't get his title shot by the year end. Jon pisses off Dana again.

MW: No super fights. Silva really does sit out unil late in the year. Dana gets pissed with Anderson again, rips him publically. Issues interim title. Bisping wins it. Weidman takes it. Fights Anderson near the end of the year and loses. Rory moves up and earns title shot for early 2014.

WW: GSP beats Diaz with relative ease, leaving fans pissed. Diaz bitches and makes an excuse. GSP beats Hendricks/Ellenberger winner. Talk of fight with Anderson, but GSP turns him down, Silva fights Bisping instead (see MW above), and GSP doesn't fight again until 2014.

LW: Bendo beats Pettis, and just when we think he might be here to stay, Maynard earns another shot and finally gets the title. By the end of the year, Diego Sanchez will once again be a LW contender, and either he, Nate Diaz, or Eddie Alvarez will fight Maynard at the end of the year, unless he gets injured, putting the fight off until 2014.

FW: Aldo beats Edgar, teases a move to LW, ends up staying at FW. Dennis Siver looks even better in his next fight. Gets a shot at Aldo, but doesn't look like the same fighter. Losses a disappointing fight.

BW: Barao beats McDonald, but it's close and some people cry robbery like they do when it could go either way, but their guy lost. Cruz comes back, beats Barao, and it ends up being Cruz who is the only champ who has any balls as he is the one who goes up and fights Aldo in a champ vs. champ superfight.

FLW: The division grows and they start putting on the most exciting fights in the UFC with many spectacular finishes, but ignorant fans will still claim they don't finish fights, even though there are just as many finishes as decisions. But Mighty Mouse will dominate all of his opponents and will do it by decision only fueling the fire for the haters and he will be heavily criticized.

Women's BW: Ronda beats Liz. Roster grows just slightly. They sign McMann and Zingano, but instead of something new, they decide to go with the Tate rematch. They are chosen as TUF coaches for the Fall season in 2013. The ratings are better than the Jones/Sonnen season. The coaches actually get in a fight on the show. Ronda tries to fight Caraway as well. One of them gets injured during training and has to pull out. Instead of using McMann or Zingano as a replacement, they bring in Marloes Coenen instead. Going into 2014, the division looks more promising than ever, but still no Cyborg. Tito and Cyborg are regarded as the Vadim and Fedor of WMMA.

The Big Shocker: Showtime decides to extend the Strikeforce deal through 2014, pissing off everyone. They only put on 5 cards again in 2013, only this time, it's not because some are cancelled. 5 is all they schedule.

Those prophecies suck balls brah, so much fail, i lost it at the gsp prediction, if Diaz subs GSP I'll give you an e-blow.

I don't bet on MMA, only NFL.

I have morals, you know. If I were to bet on fights that I KNEW the outcomes to, I would be cheating. Cheating is bad, mmkay.

That's very noble of you. You're like a psychic who doesn't give away lotto numbers.

Back