Bold Prediction: Stephen Thompson (+285) beats Johny Hendricks

I completely agree! This is a money fight for sure. Wonderboy has nasty standup and great distance control. I would definitely put down $100 at least, and if you have the cash I might even go so far as to say $1,000.

Thanks for the tip! Going to bet $10,000 right now.

J/K

fatboy via decision.

I fully expect Wonderboy to win this fight fairly easily

Thomson Looks much better since the brown fight but has he fought anybody that tried to take him down. I hope Wonderboy wins but Hendricks can mix it up well when he wants too.

I would like to see ST win the fight but not sure he has the TDD to hold of Hendricks from pinning him down. A couple variables are Johnny's weight cut/no IV and at some point guys who have great chins will fail if they take to many blows over the years and Johnny might be getting there.

Hendricks isn't really a good defensive wrestler, looking at Wonderboy's recent wrestling chops, he could concievably go for takedowns himself to get Hendricks to not think about wrestling. Of course it could also go horribly wrong but alot of fighters were able to stand up from under Hendricks, I think he's more of a chain wrestler but is like DC with his T=Rex arms, they are not great at holding someone down. Unless that someone is Matt Brown who looked completely lost.

Wonderboy by KO.

Thomson Looks much better since the brown fight but has he fought anybody that tried to take him down. I hope Wonderboy wins but Hendricks can mix it up well when he wants too.

Cote tried to take him down plenty of times but failed. Wonderboy is actually pretty strong and might even get a take down himself.

Cote tried to take him down plenty of times but failed. Wonderboy is actually pretty strong and might even get a take down himself.

Cote doesn't have the takedown ability of Hendricks. I hope you're right though I'd love to see Wondrboy win.

Other than his diet (read: discipline) problems, Johny Hendricks is the best welterweight by a comfortable margin. He's better than Robbie, Condit, the whole gang.

There is no good reason to pick Wonderboy other than a first-ever fluke KO loss for Hendricks. We've watched him eat freakish bombs having kick boxed directly in front of Lawler for a good 6 or 7 rounds.

Sadly I think it will go down a lot like Hendricks fight with Condit.

He will throw looping shots to close the distance, get on Thompson leg and score TD. Hopefully I'm wrong and Thompson can somehow keep Hendricks at bay with his kicks and jab.

I think wonder boy has a great chance. Hendricks is definitely feeling the effects of long term mma now.

Yeah, but no, none of those things actually transpired so let's stop with the hypotheticals.

In reality where he beat none of the above other than Condit, he remains a threat but no longer the world-beater he was build out to appear to be by UFC prior to GSP checking out. He's a chode-ass who will get his chode-ass handed to him again by Lawler, in the event that Thompson doesn't do it (which would not be an unimaginable scenario)... He can't stay away from cupcakes and if you can avoid his windmill punch and stay off the ground long enough, you can point win...

Obviously you live in an alternate universe, because Johny DID in fact beat Lawler.

His biggest issue is obviously with the scale and late round cardio, but in a 3 round fight he'll best anybody

It's not impossible but it is unlikely. Thompson needs space to do his thing and I don't think hendricks is going to give him an inch. At the beginning of each round Thompson will have a few seconds before Hendricks is all over him and that will be his chance.

I think hendricks will have a harder time closing the distance than you think.

He stuffed 8 of 8 takedonws against cote, and all of the takedown attempts from Ellenburger (he even took Ellenburger down).

It's not that bold. Thompson can knock out any WW with his weird but effective strikes.

It's not that bold. Thompson can knock out any WW with his weird but effective strikes.

Well hes a +285 underdog. In other words you win 3 times your money (not including what you put in). It might not seem that bold because you think Wonderboy has a good chance to beat Hendricks (as do I), but the odds indicate otherwise.

Going $500 on this one. I'd do a clean grand but there's still a question mark on this fight, be it a very small one. From where I'm sitting, $500 is comfortable.

$500 is a very nice bet too. I think you're going to be very pleased with the wager.

Well hes a +285 underdog. In other words you win 3 times your money (not including what you put in). It might not seem that bold because you think Wonderboy has a good chance to beat Hendricks (as do I), but the odds indicate otherwise.

If you think odds are going to tell you who wins then you don't know much about MMA. I guess Ronda should have destroyed Holly based on the odds, huh?

Again, I didn't give a tip. Swallow that pride because your ego will only become more fragile...

If you think odds are going to tell you who wins then you don't know much about MMA. I guess Ronda should have destroyed Holly based on the odds, huh?

lol you do realize that im the TS right? The guy saying that the underdog is going to win?
Obviously I don't think the odds tell you who wins.
The odds do tell you who the general public thinks is most likely going to win.

The betting odds tell you what who's the favorite and who's the underdog, and it changes based on who people are betting on. I was explaining to that other guy that since Wonderboy is a pretty decent underdog, that it is considered a bold statement to say that he'll win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back