Media BOLD prediction; Conor McGregor will pull a "Sandhagen"

Will I be right in my prediction?

• Yes

• Probably

• Don't know

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was able to accurately predict that Cory Sandhagen was going to go full wrestling against Vera (I didn't post my prediction though but did make a bet on Sandhagen via decision cause I thought he would wrestle Vera).

I also correctly predicted Jiri was going to go grapple heavy on Pereira (still lost though), he went for that takedown and held him down. https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-to-go-grapple-heavy-against-pereira.4313951/

Here's the thing, it is not unprecedented that a fighter completely changes their style after a long lay-off and injury. This has happened with multiple fighters where their style re-adapted with age.

My prediction is that Conor McGregor will become a wrestler. I think the reason for this is plenty, let's first examine the history of McGregor's wrestling before he got injured.

Let's look at the evidence for why Conor might become a wrestler:

(1) He wrestled hard vs. Max Holloway and this was due to a leg injury, he did a lot of takedowns and was very successful in his wrestling.
View attachment 1014201

(2) He defended relatively well against Khabib in round 1, which shows he has good fundamentals there.

View attachment 1014202

(3) He earned his blackbelt recently and was clearly very proud of that.

View attachment 1014203

(4) Most importantly he has been releasing a lot of wrestling footage and has been singing his own praises of wrestling/jiujitsu

View attachment 1014204

I think Conor McGregor will pull a Cory Sandhagen. He will evolve from this explosive and dynamic striker into a heavier wrestling offense. I don't think he will wrestle against Chandler because Chandler is a high level wrestler and he can probably beat him on the feet, but against strikers? Like someone like Edwards/Wonderboy? I think we will see Conor wrestle, the other thing is, wrestling might improve Conor's grappling cardio tremendously.

I AM MAKING THE BOLD PREDICTION RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW. MCGREGOR WILL WRESTLE AND HE WILL EVOLVE HIS GAME!

I don't recall Sandhagen wrestling Chito; he wrestled Rob Font

I was able to accurately predict that Cory Sandhagen was going to go full wrestling against Vera (I didn't post my prediction though but did make a bet on Sandhagen via decision cause I thought he would wrestle Vera).

I also correctly predicted Jiri was going to go grapple heavy on Pereira (still lost though), he went for that takedown and held him down. https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-to-go-grapple-heavy-against-pereira.4313951/

Here's the thing, it is not unprecedented that a fighter completely changes their style after a long lay-off and injury. This has happened with multiple fighters where their style re-adapted with age.

My prediction is that Conor McGregor will become a wrestler. I think the reason for this is plenty, let's first examine the history of McGregor's wrestling before he got injured.

(1) He wrestled hard vs. Max Holloway and this was due to a leg injury, he did a lot of takedowns and was very successful in his wrestling.
View attachment 1014201

(2) He defended relatively well against Khabib in round 1, which shows he has good fundamentals there.

View attachment 1014202

View attachment 1014203

(4) Most importantly he has been releasing a lot of wrestling footage and has been singing his own praises of wrestling/jiujitsu

View attachment 1014204

I think Conor McGregor will pull a Cory Sandhagen. He will evolve from this explosive and dynamic striker into a heavier wrestling offense. I don't think he will wrestle against Chandler because Chandler is a high level wrestler and he can probably beat him on the feet, but against strikers? Like someone like Edwards/Wonderboy? I think we will see Conor wrestle, the other thing is, wrestling might improve Conor's grappling cardio tremendously.

I AM MAKING THE BOLD PREDICTION RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW. MCGREGOR WILL WRESTLE AND HE WILL EVOLVE HIS GAME!

The real question is, will you still have an account when your prediction fails?

<BC1>

It's been years since I watched the fight, but I'm pretty sure Conor won round off of Khabib and negated his wrestling one of the rounds

Like he stayed on his feet for five minutes as Khabib was trying to take him down for the full five minutes

And he won the round
you need to watch the fight again, he lasted all of 30 seconds before he was on his back...
You conveniently forget the 3rd round of standup where Khabib was bitch slapping Conor and showed the utter disrepect of his stand up...
You keep on choking on those nuts though with those blinkers on

What's funny is this little wet wipe has been spamming McGregor troll accounts for years to the point where mods now can't even be bothered banning him, even though they already confirmed they know it's the same guy (@Murder_KickHC), lol.
Banning people has proven to be pointless, this is about the 5th time he has been back. Its the equivalent of a jolly good telling off

Conor doesnt have the cardio to wrestle , you as a load gargler should even know that by now.
He gasses after 1 round in his current form with wrestling heavy attack

Conor doesnt have the cardio to wrestle , you as a load gargler should even know that by now.
He gasses after 1 round in his current form with wrestling heavy attack

Conor is the most dangerous 1rd fighter in the history of the UFC. He's always had cardio issues. He really should just always sell out round 1 for the finish.

Anyone using any examples of Conor from the khabib fight, other than cheating, should be laughed at and ridiculed. Conor cheated his ass off in the most record setting pace ever in the UFC history (even counting back to the primitive times where it was literally no rules). Any success he had was a direct result from his cheating.

"Ah, let me tell you something, mate. When those poor souls get taken down, they're gonna experience the ferocity of me atomic left with this gorilla of a man on top of 'em, raining down from the heavens like a thunderbolt. They'll be beggin' for mercy, but there's no escape from the devastation I bring. It's not just a punch; it's a force of nature, a left hand that'll send 'em into the abyss. They'll feel it in their bones, and there's no hidin' from the wrath of me atomic left, mark me words."

"He defended relatively well against Khabib"

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Almost as bad of a take as Cruz and his "Conor is gassing Khabib out by eating these punches"

Actually he did.

Here is a prediction: 4 minutes into the fight, Conor will look like he is wearing concrete boots in there. Bookmark it.

View attachment 1014201

View attachment 1014202

View attachment 1014203

View attachment 1014204

What is this revisionist Vera fan theory that Sandhagen only wrestled against Vera?

Dude doubled Chito's strike totals AT DISTANCE

He beat him at all aspects of MMA

What is this revisionist Vera fan theory that Sandhagen only wrestled against Vera?

Dude doubled Chito's strike totals AT DISTANCE

He beat him at all aspects of MMA

He shot for takedowns every round, Sandhagen wrestled more in that fight than all his previous fights combined, it wasn’t until Rob that he wrestled more.

Only someone with dana WHITE privilege could have Conors abysmal record and still be talked about

Back