Media BOLD prediction; Conor McGregor will pull a "Sandhagen"

Will I be right in my prediction?

• Yes

• Probably

• Don't know

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
He is not a bad grappler, but he is 35 + cocaine & whisky.
He has 1-2 more fights and that's it!
I don't see him fighting Edwards.

"He defended relatively well against Khabib"

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Almost as bad of a take as Cruz and his "Conor is gassing Khabib out by eating these punches"

Better than Gaethje and Poirier, though.

I was able to accurately predict that Cory Sandhagen was going to go full wrestling against Vera (I didn't post my prediction though but did make a bet on Sandhagen via decision cause I thought he would wrestle Vera).

I also correctly predicted Jiri was going to go grapple heavy on Pereira (still lost though), he went for that takedown and held him down. https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-to-go-grapple-heavy-against-pereira.4313951/

Here's the thing, it is not unprecedented that a fighter completely changes their style after a long lay-off and injury. This has happened with multiple fighters where their style re-adapted with age.

My prediction is that Conor McGregor will become a wrestler. I think the reason for this is plenty, let's first examine the history of McGregor's wrestling before he got injured.

Let's look at the evidence for why Conor might become a wrestler:

(1) He wrestled hard vs. Max Holloway and this was due to a leg injury, he did a lot of takedowns and was very successful in his wrestling.
View attachment 1014201

(2) He defended relatively well against Khabib in round 1, which shows he has good fundamentals there.

View attachment 1014202

(3) He earned his blackbelt recently and was clearly very proud of that.

View attachment 1014203

(4) Most importantly he has been releasing a lot of wrestling footage and has been singing his own praises of wrestling/jiujitsu

View attachment 1014204

I think Conor McGregor will pull a Cory Sandhagen. He will evolve from this explosive and dynamic striker into a heavier wrestling offense. I don't think he will wrestle against Chandler because Chandler is a high level wrestler and he can probably beat him on the feet, but against strikers? Like someone like Edwards/Wonderboy? I think we will see Conor wrestle, the other thing is, wrestling might improve Conor's grappling cardio tremendously.

I AM MAKING THE BOLD PREDICTION RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW. MCGREGOR WILL WRESTLE AND HE WILL EVOLVE HIS GAME!

No reason at all for him to get those fights, also those two are considerably bigger than former FW Conor. Edwards is 6'2"

I was able to accurately predict that Cory Sandhagen was going to go full wrestling against Vera (I didn't post my prediction though but did make a bet on Sandhagen via decision cause I thought he would wrestle Vera).

I also correctly predicted Jiri was going to go grapple heavy on Pereira (still lost though), he went for that takedown and held him down. https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-to-go-grapple-heavy-against-pereira.4313951/

Here's the thing, it is not unprecedented that a fighter completely changes their style after a long lay-off and injury. This has happened with multiple fighters where their style re-adapted with age.

My prediction is that Conor McGregor will become a wrestler. I think the reason for this is plenty, let's first examine the history of McGregor's wrestling before he got injured.

(1) He wrestled hard vs. Max Holloway and this was due to a leg injury, he did a lot of takedowns and was very successful in his wrestling.
View attachment 1014201

(2) He defended relatively well against Khabib in round 1, which shows he has good fundamentals there.

View attachment 1014202

View attachment 1014203

(4) Most importantly he has been releasing a lot of wrestling footage and has been singing his own praises of wrestling/jiujitsu

View attachment 1014204

I think Conor McGregor will pull a Cory Sandhagen. He will evolve from this explosive and dynamic striker into a heavier wrestling offense. I don't think he will wrestle against Chandler because Chandler is a high level wrestler and he can probably beat him on the feet, but against strikers? Like someone like Edwards/Wonderboy? I think we will see Conor wrestle, the other thing is, wrestling might improve Conor's grappling cardio tremendously.

I AM MAKING THE BOLD PREDICTION RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW. MCGREGOR WILL WRESTLE AND HE WILL EVOLVE HIS GAME!

"Evolution" in his game requires participation.

Conor has not participated in MMA as a competitor.

If you think he is going to fight 3 or 4 times a year like he blathers from time to time I think you will be disappointed.

First he has to fight.
Until I see him in the cage, I expect he won't fight any more.
Secondly, he'll most likely react to a fake TD and get clapped by either the same overhead right Khabib threw or the "lunging straight" that Chandler sometimes does (IIRC).

Still, I know nothing, and only "time will tell".
Slow Conor imitating Kickboxing stance/fighters is a washed fighter.
IMHO, ofc.

View attachment 1014201

View attachment 1014202

View attachment 1014203

View attachment 1014204

Given all this readily available evidence...

The prediction is not THAT bold.

Your prediction may be right. But, the reason he did well on the ground against Khabib is because he was allowed to knee the head of Khabib when Khabib was a grounded opponent. Otherwise it was would have been a first round submission and possible dislocated arm.
It's been years since I watched the fight, but I'm pretty sure Conor won round off of Khabib and negated his wrestling one of the rounds

Like he stayed on his feet for five minutes as Khabib was trying to take him down for the full five minutes

And he won the round

It's been years since I watched the fight, but I'm pretty sure Conor won round off of Khabib and negated his wrestling one of the rounds

Like he stayed on his feet for five minutes as Khabib was trying to take him down for the full five minutes

And he won the round
You are talking about round 3. I don't disagree.

But, the only reason it lasted that long is because of Connor's illegal knees in round 1 that delayed the finish.

How did the knees from round one delay the finish until round 4?

Watch some videos of Chandler wresting with Marty from Nebraska

If he flips to wrestling as his base, it will end terribly.

He can probably out wrestle a lot of guys, but he won't outwrestle Chandler.

I think you was onto something TS.

Cocaine rock was giving him endurance before in Nate of Stockton fight number 2, however he was not injecting in his mind the training necessary to truly unleash his wrestling prowess.

Now that he change his strategy, Conor may be ready to test new limits, put his trenning to the test, anavar fail to entertain, thus sustanon his legacy for many much years to come.

#NCAA Conor era might be in the horizon, my #UFCFriend

Back