1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Bodyweight circuits

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by True2KungFu, Nov 26, 2005.

1. True2KungFu

True2KungFu King Of No Pants

Just another way to condition in case you get bored of your normal routine or just want to hit your body in a different manner.

Try this

bodyweight/or hindu squats - as many as possible and a fast pace
    pushups
    pullups
    standing ab wheel rollouts

All of these back to back, no rest , as many as possible for each.

My experience: The hindu squats get your lungs going but not too incredibly hard, you dont start to really have trouble breathing til the pushups....

I managed about 150 squats, 80 pushups, 15 pullups, and 5 standing ab wheel rollouts and this took me about 8-10 minutes . I was suckin wind pretty hard after this.

I was gonna try a second set but i puked haha, although i think that was due to working out with too much food in me.

Give it a shot and see what you can do. I think this is also excellent conditioning for fighting just like burpee rounds.

2. Ring Shark98

Ring Shark98 Black Belt

I will have to check this out. I have been meaning to adopt a good bodyweight workout routine.

3. LCDforMe

LCDforMe Purple Belt

I just started doing burpee rounds a few days ago. It's awesome that I can get a good sweat going in like 10 minutes like that.

4. jrocc

jrocc Green Belt

I was looking for more ideas.
    I currently do:
    Squats
    Jumping squats
    Push up variations
    Jumping lunges
    Situps/crunches
    Stationary sprints
    Shadowboxing
    Burpees

All back to back, take about a minute rest, and repeat for a total of three sets.
    What else you guys got?

5. wenispinkle

wenispinkle Skankin' It Easy...

lots of ways to organize this kind of stuff.

heres a couple, with examples.

1. set reps, set exercises, set rounds. ie: 20 pushups, 20 burpees, 20 situps for 5 rounds.

2. set reps set exercises, set time for max rounds. ie: 20 pushups, 20 burpees, 20 situps as many times through as you can in 20 minutes.

3. set time for max reps, set exercises, set rounds or total time. ie. as many pushups as possible in 2 minutes, 2 minutes burpees, 2 minutes situps, for 5 rounds or 10 minutes total each exercise.

4. create exercise pairings or triplets, as many as you want, and assign a time limit to each. ie. 20 pushups and 20 situps back and forth for 10 minutes, then onto 20 burpees and 20 squats back and forth for the next 10 minutes.

5. then the way true2kungfu already said, maxreps of each back to back. he already gave an example.

i personally think #2 is the hardest way. if you dont half-ass it and truly go for max rounds it will just get harder and harder and the time seems longer and longer.

6. Mark Limbaga

Mark Limbaga Amateur Fighter

I do it as part of my conditioning routine

7. True2KungFu

True2KungFu King Of No Pants

wow, someone brought up an old thread. Note, i am in much better shape than that suggests.

Anyways, id say do the hindu squats, the hindu pushups and then pullups all to failure, then once done with the pullups go back to the squats, keep working, or rather dying through this until 20 minutes is up.