Bodyweigh workout for a muay thai fighter

Goran Plecas

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
Hy everyone!
I fight -75 kilos weight division and thats my walking weight,i would like to maybe gain a kilo or two but main goal is to become stronger and more explosive.I have a pull-up bar,ab roller and resistance bands.
So...could you give me a workout i should follow to achieve my goals?What exercises,how much and very important when....3 times a week i train muay thai and twice a week i do boxing or running and on these two days i would also(or only) work on my strength.
Tnx in advance.

Hy everyone!
I fight -75 kilos weight division and thats my walking weight,i would like to maybe gain a kilo or two but main goal is to become stronger and more explosive.I have a pull-up bar,ab roller and resistance bands.
So...could you give me a workout i should follow to achieve my goals?What exercises,how much and very important when....3 times a week i train muay thai and twice a week i do boxing or running and on these two days i would also(or only) work on my strength.
Tnx in advance.

www.rossboxing.com

That's a good place to start, considering your limited equipment.

Is that you in your photo? He doesnt look croatian though...

Thanks for your responses guys but i am familiar with Ross and his exercises,what i would like to know is when,how much and which of those should i do.

Thanks for your responses guys but i am familiar with Ross and his exercises,what i would like to know is when,how much and which of those should i do.

Mix it up mang. Do you have his book, "Infinite Intensity?" If not, its worth the buy. There's a 50 day program in there that you can follow or modify to meet your own schedule.

Hy everyone!
Tnx in advance.

Based on having 2 days to work on strength,

Day1:
Pistol Squats
Step ups
Band GMs
Push ups
Ab rollouts

Day2:
Chin ups
Band pull-aparts
Hanging V-ups or leg raises
Hand stand push ups against wall

I would look into getting some adjustable dumbbells and a weighted vest or backpack.
Sets and reps would be determined by the amount of resistance you can use and your current level of strength.

This would be a good start.

If your workout days are fairly spread apart and you had access to the previously mentioned resistance devices you could do 2 full body workouts.

Day1:
Bulgarian Split Squats
Step ups
Push ups
AB rollouts
Pull ups

Day2:
Pistol Squats
Band GMs
Hand stand push ups
Band pull-aparts
Hanging leg raises or V-ups

It's up to you though.

Mix it up mang. Do you have his book, "Infinite Intensity?" If not, its worth the buy. There's a 50 day program in there that you can follow or modify to meet your own schedule.

If you don't think it's worth it - take a look at Finnegan's log.

Back