Bodybuilder get smashed in MMA

Filip Grznár is controversial Czech bodybuilder which decided to try his luck on professional mma scene .. he thought he will dominate because of his power (330 kg squat and much more) unfortunately for him he was wrong .. :D

Filip Grznár -vs- Charles Andrade

Filip Grznár -vs- Michal Řehák

He also had BJJ fight after he trashtalked on Ben Cristovao (Czech singer and BJJ bluebelt)

Do you know any bodybuilders which are succesfull in professional MMA?

Hey cheers from Poland, dear southern neighbor. :) I've been to Prague some years ago and I loved it - will try to travel to Czechia again after COVID is over.

The fights are hilarious. Dude is short as well, what is he, 160cm? :D

Robert Burneika is a bodybuilder turned MMA fighter well known in Poland - and he even has 2 wins against cans! One ex-boxer and one other bodybuilder. Then he lost against a local rapper asshole. Freak fights galore. :p

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Burneika

He's actually a really nice and modest guy, he only got into MMA because the promoters offered him a load of cash.

Hey cheers from Poland, dear southern neighbor. :) I've been to Prague some years ago and I loved it - will try to travel to Czechia again after COVID is over.

The fights are hilarious. Dude is short as well, what is he, 160cm? :D

Robert Burneika is a bodybuilder turned MMA fighter well known in Poland - and he even has 2 wins against cans! One ex-boxer and one other bodybuilder. Then he lost against a local rapper asshole. Freak fights galore. :p

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Burneika

He's actually a really nice and modest guy, he only got into MMA because the promoters offered him a load of cash.

Filip is 169 cm tall btw he is hilarious everywhere not only inside of octagon u should understand to him as polish speaking guy -

and about ur visit of Prague? Its nice city but u should check other regions - Moravian and Wallachian regions are most beautiful in my opinion i would like to recommend u cities like Brno,Olomouc,Plzeň and night life on Stodolní street in Ostrava too - its also very close to Poland border and most of them can speak Polish

btw nice channel for tourists which going into Prague is Honest guide made by Czech journalist Janek Rubeš - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7oj318jVQi7vRbc1bNjJA/videos

Last edited:
Do strongmen competitors count or only bodybuilders? There has been a few strongmen, most notably Mariusz Pudzianowski, who did decent, but still got his ass kicked.

Pretty much every bodybuilder-type guy that I've seen in MMA has gotten smashed.

There are some successful fighters with bodybuilder physiques, but none that I can recall with a bodybuilder background.

James "Colossus" Thompson probably did the best for a big jacked up guy without much skill.

0.jpg

Bob Sapp too, but he was more of a NFL guy.

James Thompson had a respectable career considering he was basically just a big strong guy with no formal training. He looked like one of those guys from the early UFC's....he ended up developing some decent wrestling and submission ability, I was surprised to see how well he did against Lashley.

Filip have 169 cm btw he is hilarious everywhere not only inside of octagon u should understand to him as polish speaking guy -

and about ur visit of Prague? Its nice city but u should check other regions - Moravian and Wallachian regions are most beautiful in my opinion i would like to recommend u cities like Brno,Olomouc,Plzeň and night life on Stodolní street in Ostrava too - its also very close to Poland border and most of them can speak Polish

btw nice channel for tourists which going into Prague is Honest guide made by Czech journalist Janek Rubeš - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7oj318jVQi7vRbc1bNjJA/videos

Thank you my friend, will watch. :)

Do strongmen competitors count or only bodybuilders? There has been a few strongmen, most notably Mariusz Pudzianowski, who did decent, but still got his ass kicked.

Pudzianowski did plenty of ass-kicking as well though. For his lack of experience and late start, he's been very impressive. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, he beat the reigning DEEP megaton champion in like, his second fight. He's got a number of impressive wins, especially if you take into account his age and amount of training.

Wasn't Phil Baroni a bodybuilder first? Oh, and Justin Wilcox too.

Pretty much every bodybuilder-type guy that I've seen in MMA has gotten smashed.

There are some successful fighters with bodybuilder physiques, but none that I can recall with a bodybuilder background.

James "Colossus" Thompson probably did the best for a big jacked up guy without much skill.

0.jpg

Bob Sapp too, but he was more of a NFL guy.
Jimi Manuwa was a bodybuilder, then started training MMA when he was 27 after he suffered a pec tear.

Pudzianowski did plenty of ass-kicking as well though. For his lack of experience and late start, he's been very impressive. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, he beat the reigning DEEP megaton champion in like, his second fight. He's got a number of impressive wins, especially if you take into account his age and amount of training.
Pudzianowski lost tons of size for MMA. He never came in his powerlifter/ strongman form.

James Thompson had a respectable career considering he was basically just a big strong guy with no formal training. He looked like one of those guys from the early UFC's....he ended up developing some decent wrestling and submission ability, I was surprised to see how well he did against Lashley.

Fujita of all people broke Collosus's jaw.

Fujita is mega underrated though.

I keep watch this protein fart goof get smashed daily.

Help me.
There is some of his training(beating) with Czech mma "legends" Karlos Vémola and Petr Kníže (coach of Makhmud Muradov which is known for beating his fighters in sparrings ) - they tried to train him cuz they thought its good opportunity for Czech mma bring celeb like him with big fan base into octagon... but they changed their mind early and stopped to train him :D

-sparring starts at 0:35

and there is his professional boxing match ( boring as f...) and obviously again hilarious lose by Filip... :D

but he got my respect for keep trying it :D

Last edited:
Bodybuilding does nothing for mma other than make you look more intimidating. Most fighters with action figure physiques were great in spite of it not because of it. Could maybe see it helping it in a bjj match though like very marginally, having strength in grappling always helps.

There is some of his training(beating) with Czech mma "legends" Karlos Vémola and Petr Kníže (coach of Makhmud Muradov which is known for beating his fighters in sparrings ) - they tried to train him cuz they thought its good opportunity for Czech mma bring celeb like him with big fan base into octagon... but they changed their mind early and stopped to train him :D

-sparring starts at 0:35

and there is his professional boxing match ( boring as f...) and obviously again hilarious lose by Filip... :D

but he got my respect for keep trying it :D

Bro I wanna beat him up and smell his protein farting ass.

Bro I wanna beat him up and smell his protein farting ass.
Offer him money and he will fight with anyone :D btw there is some last day news about Grznar .. he is so mad about his BJJ lose and he want rematch in MMA ... this Czech singer is like 80 kg... :D

Bodybuilding does nothing for mma other than make you look more intimidating. Most fighters with action figure physiques were great in spite of it not because of it. Could maybe see it helping it in a bjj match though like very marginally, having strength in grappling always helps.

Most of the top grapplers are ripped. Galvao, Pena, Ryan...Pablo Popovitch could probably win a bodybuilding contest. Monique Ricardo was a bodybuilder and now she's a multiple-time women's BJJ world champion. And obviouslsy there's Garcia.

Filip Grznár is controversial Czech bodybuilder which decided to try his luck in professional mma . he thought he will dominate because of his power (330 kg squat and much more) unfortunately for him he was wrong .. :D

Filip Grznár -vs- Charles Andrade

Filip Grznár -vs- Michal Řehák

He also had BJJ fight after he trashtalked on Ben Cristovao (Czech singer and BJJ bluebelt)

Do you know any bodybuilders which are succesfull in professional MMA?

Oh, forgot, Phil Baroni was a bodybuilder. And he was the best ever.

Got way too far with mention of Phil Baroni!

Say what you want about him gassing, but he brought war every time and was fun AF to watch.

I will forever respect dudes who smoke and fight. Saku and Phil. Salut!

Offer him money and he will fight with anyone :D btw there is some last day news about Grznar .. he is so mad about his BJJ lose and he want rematch in MMA ... this Czech singer is like 80 kg... :D
Bro rich piana vs grznar. The protein farts bro!

the first 10 seconds of that first fight was painful to watch

Back