Body fat percentage BJ Penn Sean Sherk

betection1

White Belt
Reaction score
In an effort to look lean and muscular, does anyone know what body fat percentage BJ Penn or Sean Sherk are at?

I am trying to compare to individuals in my weight class. Since i havent seen them in person i dont really know how big i am compared to them.

or is you know of some other fighter percentage, like GSP or Serra or Hughes, let me know

They are both at -2% bodyfat, all they eat is chicken, rice, and souls.

They are both at -2% bodyfat, all they eat is chicken, rice, and souls.

Not true, I call'd BJ an he said that it's around 0.34-0.46%, he didn't know about Sherk's procentages, but said that by manual calibration during the fight he got the impression of about 1.5%.

Not sure what this question is supposed to mean at all. Wouldn't a logical person just continue to lose body fat until they look good, rather than arbitrarily trying to imitate someone who's been cutting weight for competition?

The only reasonable answer is that I'm sure both are below 5% body fat by competition time, possibly under 3% depending on how low their bodies will allow them to go. And that's not necessary if you just want to look good.

Not sure what this question is supposed to mean at all. Wouldn't a logical person just continue to lose body fat until they look good, rather than arbitrarily trying to imitate someone who's been cutting weight for competition?

The only reasonable answer is that I'm sure both are below 5% body fat by competition time, possibly under 3% depending on how low their bodies will allow them to go. And that's not necessary if you just want to look good.

Damn it this is a forum, your reason and logic have no place here :icon_conf

I've heard that marathon runners have around 3%, and that if you drop below that you run a serious danger of health problems. I've heard that many elite athletes go from 5-10%. Anything less than 3-4% and I'm real tempted to call BS.

And by the looks of it, Sean Sherk and BJ Penn are worlds apart man!

If I were to take a guess, BJ is at around 10% and Sherk is 6-7%.

It's impossible to have less than 5% body fat, since 4% is needed to protect your organs. Sherk was about 8%, I don't remember what Penn looked like though.

It's impossible to have less than 5% body fat, since 4% is needed to protect your organs. Sherk was about 8%, I don't remember what Penn looked like though.

I thought it was 3%.

I know if you drop below 5 % your immune system begins to have problems

BBers hit 3-4% for a few days at a time during competition. If they kept it that low for too long they would get ill.

those who said BJ had 3% body fat, you're an idiot. That's bodybuilder range. BJ just looks in shape now, he is still worlds apart from Sherk. I think BJ is at 12% and sherk is at 8%.

It's not impossible to have below 5%, that's BS. Obviously it depends on the person though, some people can't. Also, some people will look different even at the same percentage, so I wouldn't judge Penn vs. Sherk based purely on musculature. There's no way Penn was at 10% or above, that would be stupid if you were cutting, since some of that fat could easily drop without you having to dehydrate. 7-8% tops for any serious athlete who's cutting weight, 5% more likely.

It's not impossible to have below 5%, that's BS. Obviously it depends on the person though, some people can't. Also, some people will look different even at the same percentage, so I wouldn't judge Penn vs. Sherk based purely on musculature. There's no way Penn was at 10% or above, that would be stupid if you were cutting, since some of that fat could easily drop without you having to dehydrate. 7-8% tops for any serious athlete who's cutting weight, 5% more likely.

Yea I guess 3% is needed to keep organs functioning properly.
Heres some pictures
attachment.php

AndreasMunzer22.jpg

Also, it's important to remember that a "percentage" is always going to mean different things for people with different body composition. If you have dense bones, and a lot of muscle, then 5% body fat is a lot more actual lbs than for someone who's naturally lighter. Fighters who are at FW, LW, and WW are usually on the leaner side, so 5% body fat will be a very low total amount of fat, since they're not holding as much relative muscle weight as a heavyweight.

under 7% is starting to lean towards the unhealthy side.

Back