Bob Sapp vs. Alistair Overeem in tug of war match

Sapp is no longer in prime shape though. that's very obvious. he's either come of the....vitamins or has stopped lifting. it's impressive that he beat overeem who IS in prime shape.

Not surprising imo. Bob Sapp is a monster. Tough Overeem would have done a little bit better though :p

Sapp is no longer in prime shape though. that's very obvious. he's either come of the....vitamins or has stopped lifting. it's impressive that he beat overeem who IS in prime shape.

Life has been rough on him recently. I didn't even recognize him in the Conan remake.

Sapp is still huge and even though he's out of shape to what he once was, he's probably still 330+.

Sapp won the arm wrestling but i think tug is a better measure of strength. Hunt had some advantages but its still unbelievable he beat both Sapp and the strong man. Samoans have to be up there in the strongest people on the planet

How would u explain Mark Hunt beating Sapp in the same contest because Hunt won the whole tournament what a beast

Hunt's also a bit shorter than Sapp (I believe). Tug of war is perfect for short & stocky guys, and the shorter & stockier, the better.

How would u explain Mark Hunt beating Sapp in the same contest because Hunt won the whole tournament what a beast

But Hunt lost to him on that same show in an arm wrestling contest.

It's why Sapp is the beast.

Before becoming a freak show fighter, Sapp was a stud lineman at the university of Washington, before moving onto the NFL. The guy is huge and strong, obvious he just doesn't like getting punched in the face.

I was in Japan duing Sapp\s rise and saw him in Roppongi: until Nogeriura beat Sapp, Sapp was a legitimate. Say what you want, but Nogeria's armbar remains at the time, was the most impressive win in MMA- until Bigfoot beat Fedor anyway.

It's why Sapp is the beast.

Before becoming a freak show fighter, Sapp was a stud lineman at the university of Washington, before moving onto the NFL. The guy is huge and strong, obvious he just doesn't like getting punched in the face.

UR right 100%, I keep forgetting this dude is a high level athlete just him throwing fights, and looking like a fool in fights make people forget.

Very surprised how stronger he is than Overeem. I wold pay to see young Bob Sapp vs. today Overeem in a k-1 fight.

Back