Blue Belt AKA Bullseye

I was totally joking, I thought it would be obvious when I mentioned "4-stripe gatekeeper" white belts, lol

I actually meant to quote the guy you quoted, but after I realized it I said "screw it" and left it as it is. Yeah, I'm lazy

just got mine last saturday..a year and 2 months, i've only rolled once as a blue so far..and yes it does seem like people are trying harder, and it sucks cuz i'm little, 5ft 8in 135lbs..so if being a small white belt wasn't enough, now i got more challenges:)

10 months... some of those whitebelts think they deserved the belt more than you so they are gonna be the ones that roll harder with you.

40 classes..

getting tapped out is part of the game..

I takes about one year in most gyms. Most good instructors view it as the most important promotion and take it very seriously. The time during blue belt is typically the most important period.

I would say that yeah all newbies love to go hard at blues but honestly I never had tremendous trouble with whites...

how long did it take you guys to get your bluebelt. Also once you got it was every white belt trying twice as hard against you.

I got mine in about a year and a half (training 4-6 times a week)
and YES...

You def have a bullseye on your back! Every white belt is going to try and make an example out of you! Esp the ones who are getting close to being promoted!

I just got my purple...
Little bit different
The white belts are scarred of me (apparently getting my purple belt gave me super powers:icon_chee:icon_chee) and the blues want to try and tear me limb from limb! :icon_chee:icon_chee

This thread again? ^_^

Nine months to blue, two and a bit years more to purple. Didn't really feel that I was being headhunted at blue, since I was training more than most people, so I was hunting blues rather than being hunted by whites. Plus we had separate classes, so when you had your blue, there were relatively few whites in the class anyway.

Training six days a week.

Now, getting my BROWN, that made me a target pretty fast. Purples are mean. >_<

Take care,

Oli

You are always a target. If you have 2 stripes on your white, the one stripers want to get you. When you have 4 on your blue the plain blues want to get you...and so on until the end of time. When you are a black..everyone wants to get you just the same.

I've found myself guilty of caring if someone had one stripe more or something on a few occasions, I came to my senses after a year or so...shook my head at myself and told myself to stop being a retard. So far I am still a retard, but I care very little about who taps me nowadays. I mean there is always some care, there is no such thing as 100% ego-free. But if someone taps me nowadays their isn't an immediate desire to get even, instead I go over and over my mistakes and what could be improved in that particular situation.

You are always a target.

I agree.

When my instructor got his BB wrapped on his waist by his master, he was told:
"now I pity you as you will no longer have a easy roll and everyone will want to tap you out because of the color of your belt".

I wouldnt want to lose my gym crown to a lowly scum white belt! NOT MY GYM TITLE!

Who cares? I guess I always was exposed to the no ego type training where it doesn't matter, there is no win or lose. Its a laboratory !

Back