Blue Belt AKA Bullseye

Ghostdogg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
how long did it take you guys to get your bluebelt. Also once you got it was every white belt trying twice as hard against you.

3 years.

they usually try harder but you just have to beat them.

I got mine around the 8 month mark. yes, they go at you much harder. it's a bit annoying if you're just trying to work and get better at certain positions. however, it will definitely keep you on your game.

I got mine around the 8 month mark. yes, they go at you much harder. it's a bit annoying if you're just trying to work and get better at certain positions. however, it will definitely keep you on your game.

lol 8 months? yeah ok

lol 8 months? yeah ok

what's wrong with that? I just received it a couple weeks ago after winning my division at a tournament. I have a couple threads I've started with pics in this forum. or you can just look up my facebook by searching Peyton Jenkins.

that seems to be very short! but I guess it depends on clubs.

It depends on your work rate, if you traing 3 times a week you're not going to get it for 8 months, but if you train as much as you can, at least 6 times a week, and even going twice a day, it's very obvious that you could get it so fast.

Demian Maia got his for 4 years, starting at 19.
BJ Penn was fast too.

How much you invest in it, that's how much you'll get from it.

It depends on your work rate, if you traing 3 times a week you're not going to get it for 8 months, but if you train as much as you can, at least 6 times a week, and even going twice a day, it's very obvious that you could get it so fast.

BJ Penn was fast too.

Dude, I was replying to the average being 1 year.

I was not talking about a mat rat that live and sleeps on the mats.

16 months for me. Everyone started going harder with me lol

BJ Penn was fast too.

yeah, I started at 18. I'm 19 now. I've consistently trained for 5-6 days per week with private training sessions the whole time I've been doing jiu-jitsu with breaks only when I came home from school.

I'm sorry, but 3 years seems insane for a blue belt. I would be proud if it took that long, but god damn the blue belt skill level just isn't that high.

It took me a total of about 2 years training under my instructor (I took a long break in the middle before reconnecting with him and restarting training), and only when I was consistently being competitive with some blue belts. Instructor also made it a point to see how I did against bigger folks of the same rank it appears, since he would often choose whom I would roll with.

Yes, it became tougher as I think, mentally, white belts start to see you as their "proving ground", so to speak, and upper belts just don't take it as easy on you as before. A lot of the pressure also comes from myself, since I see the belt as not really having been "already earned", but as "something to uphold" through training and learning.

I'm sorry, but 3 years seems insane for a blue belt. I would be proud if it took that long, but god damn the blue belt skill level just isn't that high.

took me an additional 3 years for purple as well.

Took me a 1.5 years to get my blue belt in gi, but I just got my second blue belt at a 10th planet school that I have been training at recently, so techniqually it took me 1.5 years plus another 1.5 to prove it. I guess I'm a second dan blue belt.

BJ Penn was fast too.

I've been training 8 months 4-5 times a week and have won both competitions that I have been to and I'm a 2 stripe white belt most likely have another 6 or 7 months until I get a blue belt( not that I care) and i would think getting promoted that fast would be a bad thing because when you compete the first few times the people that got there blue belts in two years are more than likely going to embarrass you.

11 months ISH

I had won and placed in several comps

surprised to see people scoffing at 8 months

seems legit
if you work hard enough for it

I'm more curious for purple belt

cuz I'm light years away from it I fear

Back